PDA

View Full Version : How Reputation Works

webmistress
12-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Reputation is how many positive or negative points you have for posts that you have created... So if a user thinks your post is helpful, then they leave a positive reputation point, and that will earn you points based on however much reputation power that user has... so lets say an admin finds your post usefull and decides to give you positive reputation... You would recieve more points because admins and moderators have a little more power, it also works the other way too - they can take more away from you than a regular user.

Please note this:
You have to have 50 posts and least 10 points of reputation to leave reputation for other users.

Also you get another 1 point of reputation power for every 100 Points of reputation and you get another 1 point of reputation power for every 250 posts you have.

You also get another 1 point of power for every year you have been with NYRA's forums.

You can only leave reputation on a user 1 time for every 20 reputation posts you give. Please note that these points are not anonymous, and if you are caught abusing it these tools may be revoked.

-999999: User is infamous around these parts
-50: User can only hope to improve
-10: User has a little shameless behaviour in the past
0: User is an unknown quantity at this point
10: User is on a distinguished road
50: User will become famous soon enough
150: User has a spectacular aura about
250: User is a jewel in the rough
350: User is just really nice
450: User is a glorious beacon of light
550: User is a name known to all
650: User is a splendid one to behold
1000: User has much to be proud of
1500: User has a brilliant future
2000: User has a reputation beyond repute

Pansy Faye
12-30-2005, 07:19 PM
HAHA!! smilies!!!::yay:: ::yay::

This rep stuff is just too confusing. I liked the Karma points. You could give as many as you wanted to make someone feel better.

biker
12-31-2005, 05:09 AM
So if we are all starting out at zero, with the exception of yourself, it going to be a long time before anyone gets a rep good or bad correct?

Leyla
07-14-2006, 02:21 PM
O.K. I'm trying to figure out how this rep thing works a bit too.
From the looks of it only people with ten rep can give rep. However there are only a handful of people with 10 rep. Quick scans of the forums and these are the few names I find: Lady Sarah, Ysobelle, Margaret. Then these people can only rep someone for every 20 reps they give out?
LOL how does anyone get rep this way?
Also, I was SOOOOO excited to get my first point of rep *jumping up and down* but I have absolutly no way of telling who gave me rep.

Does rep effect what makes someone a Wily Wench, or a Verbose Veteran, or Gifted with Gab or a Madame Chatterbox? If not, how does that subheading under the name change?

Rabble
05-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I suspect that the titles such as "Gifted with Gab" and "Madame Chatterbox" are post count titles; the more you post, the higher a post count you gain, and each title covers a set level...

At some forums, it's a bit like this:

Post Count Title

0 to 50 'Newbie'
51 to 100 'Lurks A Bit'
100 to 500 'Learning To Spam'

and so on.
I don't really know what the post count titles here are yet though, so the above titles are generic.

M&S Wench
02-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Dear Webmistress,

So please help me here. Someone keeps giving me reps and then they are taken away just as quick! HELP! They give no reason for being taken away. Is that normal, or what is up with that?:unamused:

Thank you very much, as I am so confused (and hurt) about this,
KJ or the Moon & Stars Wench

matti
08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Snippety:
I suspect that the titles such as "Gifted with Gab" and "Madame Chatterbox" are post count titles; the more you post, the higher a post count you gain, and each title covers a set level...endsnip

That was my understanding, also, althogh my participation in other online forums has been negligable. I simply wnet my merry way, figuring that it would take very many posts to she the reallylongandconfusing initial "title."

Does that make sense-ish? Just lnk if NOT.

On another note: does my signature line only show up in initial posts, even though I have it selected when I reply?

Lady Sarah
05-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Hmmm.... Just tried to give Rep to someone... and apparently was successful, but the 'comment' box didn't come up. Is this a revised feature that's in the process of being worked on, or is it stuck like this from here out with the new platform?