PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Mach's Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire

padmaclynne
12-31-2005, 04:27 AM
Hail, all.

I'd just like to point out an event, Jeff Mach's Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire (http://www.evenfalsethingsaretrue.com/wickedfaire/index.html) February 11th, at the NJ Convention and Expo Center in Edison, NJ.

Basically, we can't wait 200-odd days to dress in garb and have a good time, so we've rented out the Convention center. We have also lined up live performers, including Matt Schwarz & The Sleepy Hollow Band, Daniel Greenwolf, Jeniviva, Flirts of Fancie, Rob Balder, a production of the Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Abridged and finally, our headliner, Voltaire.

It's going to be a phantasmagorically fun time, with good food, good music, good vendors, and a gothic renaissance atmosphere. I hope to see many of you there!

Miracle Wench
12-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Sounds like fun! will have to check with the family to see if I can go hee hee the kids run the house with all their stuff.

loril13
12-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Hubby and I are going. A chance to wear garb in February? Hell yeah. Plus, it's my birthday that weekend. We're staying with Pansy Fay.

Anyone else planning on going?

Galleywench
01-01-2006, 12:42 AM
We're looking forward to it!!

Cassandra from VTRF
01-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Hubby and I are going. A chance to wear garb in February? Hell yeah. Plus, it's my birthday that weekend. We're staying with Pansy Fay.

So your b-day is that weekend? Isn't his Winterfeast weekend?

I haven't decided if I am going yet or not. VTRF Security Meeting is at noon the next day. *sigh*

Pansy Faye
01-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Like Loril13 says, she and keith are coming down to stay with me and along with them we make 8 coming to Wicked. I have the date circled in red on my calendar and am so siked I can't stand it.

::yay:: ::waggle:: ::clappin:: ::rocknroll::

Cassandra from VTRF
01-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Sounds like its going to a great time. I'll let you guys know when I make up my mind.:wink:

loril13
01-01-2006, 10:20 PM
[quote=Cassandra from VTRF]So your b-day is that weekend? Isn't his Winterfeast weekend? quote]

Yup, his is WinterFest weekend. Did he use that on you to get you to go? "Oh come on Cass, it's my 40th birthday, you have to go" :snicker:

padmaclynne
01-02-2006, 01:26 AM
I haven't decided if I am going yet or not. VTRF Security Meeting is at noon the next day. *sigh*

but that gives you twelve full hours from the end of the Wicked Faire to rest!

Psyche
01-02-2006, 07:53 AM
I wish we could go. I adore Voltaire! I will just have to wait to see him at Dragon*Con again.

padmaclynne
01-02-2006, 10:41 AM
I wish we could go. I adore Voltaire!

he is adorable.

merestelle
01-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Arghhh!

I have to work that weekend.

Hmmm, Perhaps I could persuade someone to take my shift?
This working on the weekend thing sucks.

(Flirts of Fancy? I do believe I've heard of them)

Ysobelle
01-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Come now, get it right: Voltaire is Infernally Hot.

He's a nice guy, too.

padmaclynne
01-03-2006, 06:30 PM
(Flirts of Fancy? I do believe I've heard of them)

i hope that's not sarcasm, but it's two fellow wenches, Saphyne and Avhi.

SwtLvbleBrian
01-03-2006, 11:22 PM

I know my girlfriend and I are planning on going. Already have that date circled and put in for from work. Hope to see everyone there...

True, it is 200+ days (7 months 2 ats to be exact) to NYRF. Be a nice chance to wear my garb indoors for a change.

Brian

merestelle
01-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Of course it's sarcasm

My unique way of giving the ladies a nod

padmaclynne
01-04-2006, 09:40 AM
ah. i am very new here, and i weep with apology. sarcasm is difficult to see in text.

Dani
01-04-2006, 02:53 PM
I'll be there! I've been having some fun with the planning and whatnot, and can't wait to see what the turnout is! (Read: Can't wait to see when I get a projected turnout to make planning things easier)

I get to dress up and play in February, instead of having to wait until April. Life is good.

WenchLadyKate
01-05-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm sooooo looking foward to this! I think that everyone from the boards who is going should do something. Like, something that can identify us to each other... Like a sticker, or a ribbon (in additioin to your local colors if you have them) or something...

padmaclynne
01-05-2006, 12:30 PM
i like the idea of wearing something to distinguish wenches. any ideas as to what?

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-05-2006, 03:02 PM
i like the idea of wearing something to distinguish wenches. any ideas as to what?

If only there were some sort of pin that wenches could wear to signify membership in the guild.... :wink:

WenchLadyKate
01-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Okay, so I just watched Tombstone so...

How about a red sash or something? That way, among the "pinned" wenches, we'll know who's fromt he boards...

SwtLvbleBrian
01-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Okay, so I just watched Tombstone so...

How about a red sash or something? That way, among the "pinned" wenches, we'll know who's fromt he boards...

What about the few guys (me being one)that post here on the board that are planning to go? I just don't want to think some random guy comes up saying that he met ya from on the board.

Cruisewench
01-05-2006, 08:22 PM
If only there were some sort of pin that wenches could wear to signify membership in the guild.... :wink:

Sarcasm noted, but on a serious note, what about those of us who haven't been able, for one reason or another, to purchase our pins?

Brian: that's the great thing about something like a sash, it's not just a wench thing, like say a Pin would be

webmistress
01-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Slightly offtopic - but here is the latest rough design of the Wicked Faire website, if anyone is interested

WenchLadyKate
01-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Here's my thinking, a red sash is genderless. Anyone going could wear one, be they Wench, Rogue, man, woman or whatever. Just a way for us to be able to go up to someone and say, "Hey, you're from the boards!":hi:

webmistress
01-05-2006, 09:10 PM
A red sash might be too common tho - you'd feel kinda dumb walking up to someone going "Oooh ooh, lemme guess! " and then rattling off forum names - meanwhile he/she just wanted to wear a red sash and has never heard of the IWG ::whistle::

Cruisewench
01-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Two wenches in need of somewhere to stay Saturday night after faire, are there any other wenches staying over Saturday night who wouldn't mind some company? Please let me or Kit know as soon as possible, as driving 3 hours back home at midnight just doesn't appeal to either of us, and we don't know the area well.

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Slightly offtopic - but here is the latest rough design of the Wicked Faire website, if anyone is interested Jeez louise! Anybody here fluent in latin??? :shock:

Ysobelle
01-06-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm booked for the 11th at the Hilton Garden Inn in Edison. Anyone else?

Pathos
01-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Jeez louise! Anybody here fluent in latin??? :shock: I thought you were.

You throw it in our face every once in awhile.

;-)

Pathos
01-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Two wenches in need of somewhere to stay Saturday night after faire, are there any other wenches staying over Saturday night who wouldn't mind some company? Geez...too bad you didn't say "or Rogues."

Since I live real close and all.

Oh well...have a nice drive.

:toocool:

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-06-2006, 12:37 AM
I thought you were.

You throw it in our face every once in awhile.

;-)
Not fleuent. Never even studied it. I just know a handful of random phrases and I figured out how to do the research to figure out some short bits, but I doubt I could translate all that.

But I suppose I could give it a try if it would aggravate you. :wink:

webmistress
01-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here, content here', making it look like readable English. Many desktop publishing packages and web page editors now use Lorem Ipsum as their default model text, and a search for 'lorem ipsum' will uncover many web sites still in their infancy. Various versions have evolved over the years, sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose (injected humour and the like).

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

The standard chunk of Lorem Ipsum used since the 1500s is reproduced below for those interested. Sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 from "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" by Cicero are also reproduced in their exact original form, accompanied by English versions from the 1914 translation by H. Rackham.

There are many variations of passages of Lorem Ipsum available, but the majority have suffered alteration in some form, by injected humour, or randomised words which don't look even slightly believable. If you are going to use a passage of Lorem Ipsum, you need to be sure there isn't anything embarrassing hidden in the middle of text.

The standard Lorem Ipsum passage, used since the 1500s
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

Section 1.10.32 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum", written by Cicero in 45 BC
"Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?"

1914 translation by H. Rackham
"But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?"

Section 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum", written by Cicero in 45 BC
"At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Temporibus autem quibusdam et aut officiis debitis aut rerum necessitatibus saepe eveniet ut et voluptates repudiandae sint et molestiae non recusandae. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat."

1914 translation by H. Rackham
"On the other hand, we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled and demoralized by the charms of pleasure of the moment, so blinded by desire, that they cannot foresee the pain and trouble that are bound to ensue; and equal blame belongs to those who fail in their duty through weakness of will, which is the same as saying through shrinking from toil and pain. These cases are perfectly simple and easy to distinguish. In a free hour, when our power of choice is untrammelled and when nothing prevents our being able to do what we like best, every pleasure is to be welcomed and every pain avoided. But in certain circumstances and owing to the claims of duty or the obligations of business it will frequently occur that pleasures have to be repudiated and annoyances accepted. The wise man therefore always holds in these matters to this principle of selection: he rejects pleasures to secure other greater pleasures, or else he endures pains to avoid worse pains."

http://www.lipsum.com/

WenchLadyKate
01-06-2006, 10:48 AM
True, a red sash may be too common... I wear one sometimes anyway. I had just watched Tombstone though, so it was the only thing I could think of :lol:.
I'm sure we can think of something.

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
01-06-2006, 12:41 PM
True, a red sash may be too common... I wear one sometimes anyway. I had just watched Tombstone though, so it was the only thing I could think of :lol:.

"Run! Run you cur!" I love that movie...have I mentioned how sexy I think Sam Eliot is in that?

Okay enuff off-topic! Snipe, thank you for the Cicero translation! Very Interesting Stuff Indeed! :thumbsup:

Cpt Ann Flint
01-06-2006, 05:12 PM
don't forget the Birka Market place at the Center of New Hampshire on
January 27th, 28th and 29th.

check it out.

http://www.birka.org/

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-06-2006, 05:35 PM
don't forget the Birka Marketplace ::groupco:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8703/b3gr.jpg

:wink:

Cruisewench
01-06-2006, 09:31 PM
True, a red sash may be too common... I wear one sometimes anyway.

Of course we can!

I was brainstorming this at work today, and remembered the Pen pal favor thing from a few months ago, where everyone bought a certain letter bead and sent that to everyone on the list, and everyone had a different letter, so that once everyone had sent to everyone else, each person on the list had a favor that was kinda individual, but yet something that a bunch of other people had too.

Couldn't we do something like that, a favor or Pin of some kind that everyone here could make, maybe it would say something, or maybe we could pick an image that we could print out?

Ysobelle
01-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Can I come at this from a slightly different perspective?

If you see someone with a pin, say hi. Ask them if they're on the board. If you see someone without a pin, say hi. Ask them if they know about the Guild.

In other words, just say hi to a lot of folks. Be welcoming. Be friendly. If we want this event to succeed, well, we're a big part of that. We want people to feel welcome and have fun, we have to do our part.

WenchLadyKate
01-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Can I come at this from a slightly different perspective?

If you see someone with a pin, say hi. Ask them if they're on the board. If you see someone without a pin, say hi. Ask them if they know about the Guild.

In other words, just say hi to a lot of folks. Be welcoming. Be friendly. If we want this event to succeed, well, we're a big part of that. We want people to feel welcome and have fun, we have to do our part.
Yea, but that would be... nice... ::devilmaycry::

I actually tend to do this anyway, I've gotten a lot more outgoing with the guild stuff the last few years. Took long enough!

I think we just thought it would be nice to say an extra, "Hi! I'm fromt he boards too!" For me, it's mostly a putting the face with the name kind of thing. But yea, you're right... :-D

Alianne
01-10-2006, 04:58 AM
Kate -

Drifting the thread a bit -- I love the hair!

WenchLadyKate
01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Kate -

Drifting the thread a bit -- I love the hair!

It's all gone! But I like it too, thanks!

GraceHardGrave
01-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Well, Just plain wearing Wench Pin is good enough, since I'm hoping to put faces to Screen names, I'll be looking forward to meeting lots of you guys. And since I just got new pictures done, I'll share one of my good new ones. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/AmyBlackthorn/Just%20me/GSChairSittingTankTop.jpg
I am glad that weapons are admitted. I wondered about that one last night. :)

GraceHardGrave
01-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Darn. I meant to post this one. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/AmyBlackthorn/Just%20me/GSsepiacloseup.jpg

Drea Beth
01-10-2006, 04:55 PM
I am glad that weapons are admitted. I wondered about that one last night. :)

It's all good with weapons. The jury is still out on the alcohol policy though.

WenchLadyKate
01-10-2006, 05:27 PM
It's all good with weapons. The jury is still out on the alcohol policy though.

Oh no, rennies without alcohol... I had thought of that earlier what with it being at the convention center and all, but I used to date a guy that did most of his business at convention centers and when I'd get bored, I'd hit the bar. That's where I learned that too much SoCo and OJ just isn't a good thing.

So, anyone know for sure?

Drea Beth
01-10-2006, 05:38 PM
I had e-mailed Jeff with the question. Unfortunately I deleted the reply, but the crux was that no alcohol will be served (due to insurance costs, etc). He wasn't sure if BYOB would be okay and was checking.

*edit*
And Crickett, I totally love the hair!!! :)

WenchLadyKate
01-10-2006, 07:06 PM
I think that if there's no alocohol to be served BYOB is also not allowed. Falls under the same insurance or something. But I could be wrong, it's been known to happen. Don't worry though, I'll have plenty of alcohol in my hotel room! :aok:

And thanks! I lost 5 pounds... of hair!

Pathos
01-10-2006, 07:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/AmyBlackthorn/Just%20me/GSChairSittingTankTop.jpg
::wagtong::

GraceHardGrave
01-10-2006, 07:32 PM
::wagtong::

Wow. Thanks! I've had some "issues" with self confidence in the recent past due to acquired scars from a car accident, this really helps.

:blush:

Pathos
01-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Wow. Thanks! I've had some "issues" with self confidence in the recent past due to acquired scars from a car accident, this really helps.

:blush: Hey...I'm here to help. :wink:

If any of you other girls have confidence issues and want to post sexy pics of yourself...I'm here for you.

:toocool:

GraceHardGrave
01-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey...I'm here to help. :wink: :toocool:

YEAH, I'm sure that makes you a prince among men. If Ogling women makes you a Prince, we'd have no Paupers, which would mean, no Princes. Think about that one....

Brigid
01-11-2006, 03:00 PM
so is the hilton garden the place to stay? i'm looking to book a room somewheres down in the area, seeing as its too far to drive home.

rooms are $109 there for the night of the 11th for all who are looking.

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-11-2006, 03:29 PM
so is the hilton garden the place to stay? i'm looking to book a room somewheres down in the area, seeing as its too far to drive home.

rooms are $109 there for the night of the 11th for all who are looking.
If you go to their website, it looks like it's $89 for one person, plus $10 for each additional person.

So if you want to underreport the size of your party, that's up to you. ;)

Ysobelle
01-13-2006, 01:28 PM
There's a special expo center rate, which I believe you can book online, at $85 a night. And don't forget AAA discounts!

And Bob, I just called and added Friday night to our reservation, so see y'all then!

NYKitten
01-15-2006, 11:28 PM
It will be fun to finally meet some of you face to face!
I'll be on the vendor side of the table this time...but that doesnt mean I can't go play

Artemisia
01-18-2006, 07:37 PM
I'll be there.

Back to my old stomping grounds. I used to work in Raritan Center back in the late '80's. The place has changed since then.

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-27-2006, 06:39 PM
I almost feel like this is a really stupid question, but I couldn't find any mention of this on the website, and it is a first time faire....

Will there be Rose Girls?

I can't imagine that a faire wouldn't have them, especially one so close to Valentine's Day, but I figure I should ask.

Drea Beth
01-27-2006, 08:56 PM
I almost feel like this is a really stupid question, but I couldn't find any mention of this on the website, and it is a first time faire....

Will there be Rose Girls?

I can't imagine that a faire wouldn't have them, especially one so close to Valentine's Day, but I figure I should ask.

From the comments made to the LJ group, yes, there will be rose sellers.

merestelle
01-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Actually, it is on the the web site...

DarkAngel Roses

padmaclynne
01-28-2006, 04:24 AM
I had e-mailed Jeff with the question. Unfortunately I deleted the reply, but the crux was that no alcohol will be served (due to insurance costs, etc). He wasn't sure if BYOB would be okay and was checking.

from what the FAQ girl has told me, BYOB will NOT be okay. sorry folks! but you can always drink in your room afterwards.

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-28-2006, 01:41 PM
From the comments made to the LJ group, yes, there will be rose sellers.
Cool. :aok:

Actually, it is on the the web site...

DarkAngel Roses
I saw that one, but I couldn't tell if that was a rose vendor or one of those places with the rose-like crafts, like leather roses and such.

Janelle of Warren
01-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Cool. :aok:

I saw that one, but I couldn't tell if that was a rose vendor or one of those places with the rose-like crafts, like leather roses and such.

Dark Angel is the woman who bought the NYRF Rose Concession. She was a favorite of Russ & I even before she took over the business. :-)

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Dark Angel is the woman who bought the NYRF Rose Concession.
Ooo! Then maybe they'll have those radioactive-green roses! I love those! :cheer:

Pathos
01-28-2006, 02:07 PM
from what the FAQ girl has told me, BYOB will NOT be okay. sorry folks! Well that just helped me make a decision.

:irked:

TecWench
02-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Hey, i know i have never really introduced myself, but i'll be going. I'm excited because i'll get to wear my pin to a faire finally. :-) i'm so excited

Alianne
02-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Well that just helped me make a decision.

:irked:

You mean you would not attend a faire because it's dry?

I mean, yeah...it's fun to sit at a pub and quaff a few with friends, but if my main reason to go to faire was to drink, I'd save the money on garb and passes and just hang out at a local bar.

Pathos
02-03-2006, 10:30 AM
You mean you would not attend a faire because it's dry?

Not just because of that...no. But if I'm already on the fence...that's just enough to push me over.

NYKitten
02-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Just some silly food for thought for those looking forward to WF, and those who are also vending..
There are 8 days till the Faire. Thats 192 hours.
Assuming you sleep normal hours, thats 64 hours off the total.
With the 128 hours you have left, perhaps you have a job. That takes another
60 or so hours off. Allowing time to get dressed in the morning, shower and such, will leave you with about 52 hours total. Lets not forget eating & cooking! 3 meals a day for 8 days, thats a good 20 hours off.
Oh, and lets not forget those who spend about an hour (at least) a day on this forum(or just online)
so folks, with less than 20 hours left till WickedFaire 2006, you better get a move on!!
I know I am ;)

Dani
02-03-2006, 02:10 PM
What could possibly be better than an indoor Renaissance Faire in February? How about getting free admission, free food, and possibly more while at said faire?

We are looking for volunteers, people willing to part with an hour or two of time while at the Faire, to man our feast booth. What would you get in return?

*Free food
*Free admission
*Free food and admission
*EXCLUSIVE first-look at the entertainment schedule before anybody else (after all, you don't want to sign up to work while your favorite entertainer is on!)
*My love and adoration
*CASH, if you work more than three hours, not necessarily at one stretch, unless you really, really want to. Really, I wouldn't mind.

If you're interested in signing up, or just learning more, send me an email at mordath (who hates spam) @livejournal.com.

Alianne
02-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Not just because of that...no. But if I'm already on the fence...that's just enough to push me over.

Ah, gotcha.

But the room parties at the hotel afterwards appear to be shaping up to be rockin'......

Ysobelle
02-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Just some silly food for thought for those looking forward to WF, and those who are also vending..
There are 8 days till the Faire. Thats 192 hours.
Assuming you sleep normal hours, thats 64 hours off the total.
With the 128 hours you have left, perhaps you have a job. That takes another
60 or so hours off. Allowing time to get dressed in the morning, shower and such, will leave you with about 52 hours total. Lets not forget eating & cooking! 3 meals a day for 8 days, thats a good 20 hours off.
Oh, and lets not forget those who spend about an hour (at least) a day on this forum(or just online)
so folks, with less than 20 hours left till WickedFaire 2006, you better get a move on!!
I know I am ;)

Oh, G-d! I don't have enough chemises! Where are my corsets? Is my rack done? I'm out of ribbon! AUGH!!!!

WenchLadyKate
02-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Oh, G-d! I don't have enough chemises! Where are my corsets? Is my rack done? I'm out of ribbon! AUGH!!!!

heh heh, rack.

I can't freakin' WAIT!!! ::pirate::

Saphyne
02-08-2006, 11:18 AM
So, with 3 days left, the Flirts are a bit nervous, but VERY excited!

As a teaser for you all, at each of our sets we will sing Caviar (Virgin Stergeon). At each set, the verses will be different. They will all be lewd, rude, and VERY funny.

Cyranno DeBoberac
02-09-2006, 04:43 PM
I just saw this on the WickedFaire forum:

For anyone who does not know, the Saint Valentine Masquerade Ball (http://www.ritualfilth.org/svmb/sv_web_home.html) is the "Offical After-Party" for the Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire.

Anyone know anything about this? Anyone going?

I thought the "official" after-party was to be in my pants.....

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
02-09-2006, 08:46 PM

You mean it wasn't? :-P

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
02-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I just saw this on the WickedFaire forum:

Anyone know anything about this? Anyone going?

You mean it wasn't? :-P

Actually, Phil just said he was thinking of throwing one in his pants but it should be held someplace where other rogues were welcome.

po silvertop the rogue
02-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Hail, Gang!

I'm sorry to say it.. but between the weather and "Iinto the Woods"... I'll have to wait and hope they offer "Wicked" again next year.

Those who are going: Enjoy! (Be decadent for me too!)

s.