PDA

View Full Version : The reason for this would be?

Sandina
12-31-2005, 04:49 PM
This was was in my local paper this morning
Baby Jesus figure damaged:
Priest calls it a "hate crime"
Religous statues targeted this time of year,police say
The Journel News
Larchmont, NY
Life sized statues of a glowing Mary & Joseph hovered over an empty manager
yesterday in front of Sts. John & Paul Church.
The baby Jesus statue had been the focus of the outdoor Navity scene since Christas Day was removed and wrapped in a towel after it was found with its
head, hands & toes broken off yesterday morning.Four sheep staues were also missing.
Please do not tell me there is not a problem with Christmas. Normal people would not do a thing like this. I would never ruin another persons religious symbol.
Also someone lead you to beleive you to think I am fixing a old lady in a nursing home. Not even remotely true, this is a young woman that will not look you in the eye unless you are a orthodox jewish person.Just going to treat her as she treat everyone else.
My supervisors received a bunch of season greeeting cards naming me as one of the people that "go beyond the call of duty to help".Just wanted to clear a few things up.
Sandina

webmistress
12-31-2005, 04:52 PM
I don't know that it's a problem with Christmas - just a problem with *people* in general. All religions have gotten their share of threats, violence, etc.

Maybe it's just because I am getting older, but it sure seems to be that the collective temperature of our melting pot is rising. People are angry - angrier now than I think they have been in centuries.

Sandina
12-31-2005, 05:38 PM
so true and it is just ridiculous. Well you have a Happy Blessed new Year!
Sandina

webmistress
12-31-2005, 05:40 PM
You too - and I'm sorry your town is being subjected to this.

Sandina
12-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Thank-you & the forum looks great! The improvements are wonderful!
Sandina

Sylencer_Sy
12-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Honestly, it sounds less of a "hate crime" and more of a crime from some teenagers that need to get their nether regions caught in a blender.

I think they're Scottish, too. The sheep are still missing...

Sandina
01-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Yes, well I hope they catch who ever did it.,.........
Sandina

aspen
01-01-2006, 11:26 AM
The only reason it happened at Christmas is, well, because Christmas is the only time they put up nativity scenes!!!! It was probably a target of opportunity.

Aspen

Psyche
01-02-2006, 08:13 AM
The only reason it happened at Christmas is, well, because Christmas is the only time they put up nativity scenes!!!! It was probably a target of opportunity. Exactly what I was thinking. While it will be labeled a Hate Crime, I doubt it is. Just people being asshats.