PDA

View Full Version : Me=Newbie Me=Getting 'Wench-ish' garb made

daniel_jackson_sg2
01-11-2006, 05:17 AM
I'm a newbie to the Wench.org site.

And i'm a Ren Faire addict...and it stinks 'cause here in teh Philippines there ARE NO FAIRE'S!:(:(:(

But i'm planning on getting a wench-ih costume made. Or maybe just a basic ren faire outfit...

Margaret
01-11-2006, 06:23 AM
First off, hello and welcome! ::welcome:

Well, I am sorry that there are no faire for you to attend in your country, but wenchy type garb can be incorporated into everyday styles.

Pretty corsets worn over skirts, bodice inspired tops, there's a slew of stuff you could do.

If you have a question,post it over in the Garb Goodies section of the boards and we can help with suggestions.

SwtLvbleBrian
01-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Welcome, welcome... I hope you enjoy being here and make lots of friends....

Mags is right... wenchy type garb can be worn in everyday life. good way of trying pieces out before you use them at faire.

Have fun and stay sweet!

daniel_jackson_sg2
01-11-2006, 07:23 AM
First off, hello and welcome! ::welcome:

Well, I am sorry that there are no faire for you to attend in your country, but wenchy type garb can be incorporated into everyday styles.

Pretty corsets worn over skirts, bodice inspired tops, there's a slew of stuff you could do.

If you have a question,post it over in the Garb Goodies section of the boards and we can help with suggestions.

Thanks!
And wheni get it from the tailor (because i can't sew to save my life) i'm going t wear it 'Out And About'. I mean, why get something you'll on use a few times a year?

daniel_jackson_sg2
01-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Welcome, welcome... I hope you enjoy being here and make lots of friends....

Mags is right... wenchy type garb can be worn in everyday life. good way of trying pieces out before you use them at faire.

Have fun and stay sweet!
I don't care what people say here, i'm going to wear it out in town. Would be fun too

SwtLvbleBrian
01-11-2006, 08:45 AM
That's what I mean hun... Wear it around.... My garb has come out only once since NYRF last season. I used most of it for my halloween costume. But its all good.

daniel_jackson_sg2
01-11-2006, 08:48 AM
That's what I mean hun... Wear it around.... My garb has come out only once since NYRF last season. I used most of it for my halloween costume. But its all good.

for my first 3 faires, i wore a halloween costume i had from about 2 years previous

I went home sweating like a dog

Katie O'Connell
01-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Now how did you ever end up in a place with NO FAIRES? ::groupco:

That's it. You must move to a more Festive region. And bring your seamstress with you.

Go get the gown of dreams made, hon, and wear it well and as often as possible. Oh, and don't forget to post pictures! :bananada:

Now if I can just get rid of that silly, distracted grin that appears on my face whenever I read your handle. mmmm...Michael whateverhislastnameis....yep....just love them geeks

daniel_jackson_sg2
01-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Now how did you ever end up in a place with NO FAIRES? ::groupco:

That's it. You must move to a more Festive region. And bring your seamstress with you.

Go get the gown of dreams made, hon, and wear it well and as often as possible. Oh, and don't forget to post pictures! :bananada:

Now if I can just get rid of that silly, distracted grin that appears on my face whenever I read your handle. mmmm...Michael whateverhislastnameis....yep....just love them geeks

It's the Philippines...and I don't know if i want peasant or upper class...more than likely peasant...the Nobility is too...fancy for me.

Mistress Lisette
01-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Welcom aboard, and, yes, definitely wear garb pieces out and about. I've worn a bodice with jeans out and get lots of nice looks... ::wicked::

~Lisette

daniel_jackson_sg2
01-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Welcom aboard, and, yes, definitely wear garb pieces out and about. I've worn a bodice with jeans out and get lots of nice looks... ::wicked::

~Lisette

I saw a girl at school i knew from around school, and i've seen her at the Escondido Ren Faire, an she was wearing her corset w/ a skirt 2 school. HAD to ask here where she got it

biker
01-12-2006, 07:52 AM
welcome. what part of PI? theres a roque there who is building a pirate themed resort, when I get his info I'll forward that to ya, perhaps yo ucould go and hang there for something like a faire.

daniel_jackson_sg2
01-12-2006, 07:57 AM
welcome. what part of PI? theres a roque there who is building a pirate themed resort, when I get his info I'll forward that to ya, perhaps yo ucould go and hang there for something like a faire.

Dumagete City, Negros Oriental..and faire-ish thing in the Philippines? w00t!

Lady Sarah
01-12-2006, 08:16 AM
and I don't know if i want peasant or upper class...more than likely peasant...the Nobility is too...fancy for me.

::snort... giggle... snicker...::

Famous Last Words.

biker
01-12-2006, 08:18 AM
::snort... giggle... snicker...::

Famous Last Words.

Well since your in Texas, wouldnt the famous last words be something like " Hey Ya'll watch this?"

What was Davey Crockett's last words?? " Where did all these mexicans come from?"

Lady Sarah
01-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Well since your in Texas, wouldnt the famous last words be something like " Hey Ya'll watch this?"

NO, NO, NO!!
Get it right swabbie - those last words are heard more often by REDNECKS.

I'm not a redneck, kthks.

Katie O'Connell
01-12-2006, 11:58 AM
It's the Philippines...and I don't know if i want peasant or upper class...more than likely peasant...the Nobility is too...fancy for me.

Don't forget 'Middles' now. There was a sizable middle class present in late Ren/Elizabethan cities. It's a bit higher styled than Peasant but with none of those floofy, tedious details of Noble wear.

Not to mention cheaper to make (or have made), at least in materials. Cottons and courderoy rock!

still smiling inanely whenever I read your handle....but I remember his last name now. heh. cute geek. mmmmmm