PDA

View Full Version : Opening Weekend - AZRF

FairieTink
01-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Ok Ladies, opening weekend is soon upon us, and I would like to find out who is going to be there that weekend. Please be sure to pass this on to any of the local wench's that might not be checking in here.

What I would like to do is have a class like once a weekend, taking a page from Local 69's book, it seems to have worked really well.

As of right now, we still haven't heard from the faire itself about wench walks, Jess and I still talking about Wenchings in general. One of us will be sure to keep you updated once we decided what we're going to do.

Now a totally different note, but to lazt to start another post. I will be going to Scarby end of April, anyone who wants to tag along and travel with me is welcome. You'd have to get your own hotel or place to crash but we could fly together and stay in the same place and have a small group of us.

I am also going to CO early in the season, same thing goes, you all are welcome to come with me.

Peaches O Malley
01-19-2006, 11:02 AM
As a new wench, classes work for me :smile:

FairieTink
01-19-2006, 11:51 AM
As a new wench, classes work for me :smile:
You going to be there opening weekend? Do you need a ride?

I was thinking perhaps Rose Tag would be a good one, or even making your persona come alive.

FairieTink
01-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Vamp from Tucson says she'll be there as well.

Myfanawy
01-19-2006, 02:31 PM
I'll be there both days opening weekend. (I don't know if Ian can go yet--if he can, it'll only be on Saturday, as he has his church gig on Sundays.)

We've talked about the Scarby trip--and I'm in (most likely, unless money gets in the way....freakin' hate the stuff, well, at least not having much of it...'ve been planning that for awhile, though....) Definintely got at least 2 places I can stay. As for CO, I'll have to see. When does that open? I'd love to--it's just a matter of timing, and again, money.

Classes--good! Rose tag would be a good one, since I'm more-or-less clueless about it.

Peaches O Malley
01-19-2006, 07:19 PM
You going to be there opening weekend? Do you need a ride?

I was thinking perhaps Rose Tag would be a good one, or even making your persona come alive.

Yes I will be there opening weekend, not sure about the ride. I will let you know.

Yes also for both or either rose tag and persona class. ::yay::

Jess Devyne
01-20-2006, 12:22 PM
As for CO, I'll have to see. When does that open? I'd love to--it's just a matter of timing, and again, money.

Colorado runs June 10-July 30. We will be there every weekend. We live a bit of a distance from faire, so we either camp at the KOA or stay at the Holiday Inn in Castle Rock. If you drive and want to bring camping gear, let me know, we can try to get cabins or tent spaces in advance!

Just a little FYI....this is the last year the Faire will be held at the Larkspur location. (unless Mr. Paradise and the Mayor of Larkspur can settle their huge dispute, which is quite unlikely) Even with all the hills and ruts, I love the grounds and would encourage everyone to try to visit this year.

EDIT: This SO should have been posted elsewhere. Sorry for the threadjack Tink!

FairieTink
01-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Colorado runs June 10-July 30. We will be there every weekend. We live a bit of a distance from faire, so we either camp at the KOA or stay at the Holiday Inn in Castle Rock. If you drive and want to bring camping gear, let me know, we can try to get cabins or tent spaces in advance!

Just a little FYI....this is the last year the Faire will be held at the Larkspur location. (unless Mr. Paradise and the Mayor of Larkspur can settle their huge dispute, which is quite unlikely) Even with all the hills and ruts, I love the grounds and would encourage everyone to try to visit this year.

EDIT: This SO should have been posted elsewhere. Sorry for the threadjack Tink!

No worries, we're all local 35 here, faire is faire :)

I do need to talk to you about when I come up, where do the 'boys' stay, we'll wanna be close to them so we can party till dawn. ::band::

Adriana Rose
01-20-2006, 03:33 PM
that is a cool idea Tink cuz alot of the newbies are flying blind with that stuff..

(thread jack)
my boss from fair says that they are going to court on it in mid feburary so we will see what happens. I hope that is turns out for the best cuz that means that alot of the oldsters will not move. *sigh*
(un jack)

I hope to make it ti AZ this year but the way that things are going I am gonna be moving down there in the spring or late summer. We will see.

Jess Devyne
01-20-2006, 03:47 PM
No worries, we're all local 35 here, faire is faire :)

I do need to talk to you about when I come up, where do the 'boys' stay, we'll wanna be close to them so we can party till dawn. ::band::

They generally stay in the participant campground. But they are known to travel to the KOA or wherever the party is going on. I need to know for sure when the Bone Crew will be here this year, need to make sure we have at least one section of the campground rented so we don't disturb the other campers. Just and FYI...the first and last weekends are the biggest time for parties. Everyone tries to get there for at least those two weekends.

Party til dawn...take a shower....grab grub and head back for more. Try to stay drunk, avoid the hangover ::wicked::

FairieTink
01-20-2006, 04:04 PM
They generally stay in the participant campground. But they are known to travel to the KOA or wherever the party is going on. I need to know for sure when the Bone Crew will be here this year, need to make sure we have at least one section of the campground rented so we don't disturb the other campers. Just and FYI...the first and last weekends are the biggest time for parties. Everyone tries to get there for at least those two weekends.

Party til dawn...take a shower....grab grub and head back for more. Try to stay drunk, avoid the hangover ::wicked::

Oh yeah baby! I am going to try for 1st, that is the weekend after my birthday.

Myfanawy
01-20-2006, 04:41 PM

Well, my wallet probably will have recovered somewhat from AZRF and the trip to Scarby by then, so it's a likely possibility. And if Tink's going around the 1st...that might be a good time to do it.

Lady Sarah
01-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Tink, Myf, be sure to give us a heads up when you're gonna make it to Scarb so we can be prepared for you!

Besides, I wanna be there - I *so* need to get boned. :lol:

Jess Devyne
01-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Hell yeah...and if you came on Thursday...we could celebrate your actual birthday!!!

It would be awesome to have a bunch of you show up!

Myfanawy
01-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Tink, Myf, be sure to give us a heads up when you're gonna make it to Scarb so we can be prepared for you!

Besides, I wanna be there - I *so* need to get boned. :lol:

Will do!

Afraid I can't be the one to bone you, but I think you're in good hands with Tink! ;)

Adriana Rose
01-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Partee!!!
*does a little dance*

Parties are always good at fair no matter what weekend it is * innocent whistle*

And it looks like Mum and I are not gonna make it down this year to the AZ fair *sigh* I hate money.

Hey guys I got an idea for when Pirates of the Carribean 2 comes out. Yea I am over planning here but howbout the Colorado Ladies go to see the flick!
(yes I need to get a life)

FairieTink
01-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Will do!

Afraid I can't be the one to bone you, but I think you're in good hands with Tink! ;)
Not me!! I just bone the boys.

biker
01-24-2006, 03:54 AM

thats not what Ive heard...... Just kidding Doll. ducks and runs.

FairieTink
01-24-2006, 10:31 AM
thats not what Ive heard...... Just kidding Doll. ducks and runs.

You be good or you won't get boned again this year mister. ::marilyn:

Jess Devyne
01-24-2006, 01:31 PM

Unless of course you ask ME really nice like! ::waggle::

Jess Devyne
01-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey guys I got an idea for when Pirates of the Carribean 2 comes out. Yea I am over planning here but howbout the Colorado Ladies go to see the flick!
(yes I need to get a life)

We are kinda-sorta working on that already. I will keep you posted.

Myfanawy
01-25-2006, 03:07 AM

Ahhhh, well then, maybe not....

And you just left yourself wiiiiiide open with that one!

::laughingdevil:: ::neenern:

biker
01-25-2006, 03:14 AM

If Im good, for sure ya'll wont want to bone me...

Myfanawy
02-01-2006, 11:18 PM
10 freakin' days until faire!!! Sorry, I'm just reeeeeally excited...

Oh--the AZRF website has been updated, with all the themes of the different weekends, and show schedules.

http://www.royalfaires.com/arizona/Default.asp?Page=68
http://www.royalfaires.com/arizona/Default.asp?Page=170

March 4-5 is Pirate Weekend!!! And Highland Weekend is March 18-19....LOTS of men in kilts, ladies... :kiltdanc: Tartanic will be off the hook that weekend! ::waggle:: :lick:

I think I can more or less confirm the days I'll be there:
Feb. 11-12, 18-20
Mar. 5, 11, 18 (probably the 19th, too)
Apr. 1-2

Wish I could go more days, but I just can't give up that much time at work...still, I'll be getting more than my money's worth out of the season pass.

See you all soon! :singdanc:

Miracle Wench
02-02-2006, 02:28 AM
10 freakin' days until faire!!! Sorry, I'm just reeeeeally excited...

Oh--the AZRF website has been updated, with all the themes of the different weekends, and show schedules.

http://www.royalfaires.com/arizona/Default.asp?Page=68
http://www.royalfaires.com/arizona/Default.asp?Page=170

March 4-5 is Pirate Weekend!!! And Highland Weekend is March 18-19....LOTS of men in kilts, ladies... :kiltdanc: Tartanic will be off the hook that weekend! ::waggle:: :lick:

I think I can more or less confirm the days I'll be there:
Feb. 11-12, 18-20
Mar. 5, 11, 18 (probably the 19th, too)
Apr. 1-2

Wish I could go more days, but I just can't give up that much time at work...still, I'll be getting more than my money's worth out of the season pass.

See you all soon! :singdanc:
I'm really going to have to try and get there one of those 2 weekened Pirates or Rogues in kilts whats a wench to do with so many to choose from.LOL

FairieTink
02-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Well I plan on being there every weekend, that is IF I can get my ass moving and make some more garb.

Leigh
02-02-2006, 09:19 PM
I hope to be there.

Peaches O Malley
02-02-2006, 10:02 PM
I hope to be there.

I'll be there, with another new Az wench.::yay::

Myfanawy
02-03-2006, 01:43 AM
I hope to be there.

I hope you're going to be there too, Leigh! You really should try to make it on President's Day--Ian' daughter will be there that day, and she and the T-man would probably hit it off smashingly! ;-)

How're you doing, hun? Drop me a PM and let me know how you're doing. ::bighug::

Well I plan on being there every weekend, that is IF I can get my ass moving and make some more garb.

Every weekend, both days?

FairieTink
02-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Every weekend, both days?

Yeah, I need a life I know 8-)

Myfanawy
02-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I need a life I know 8-)

No, so do I--I'd be there every day too, if not for the fact that I really need to be at work and teaching lessons...the whole lack of money factor...

Lady Ginny
02-04-2006, 06:05 PM
I've been out of things - Is opening weekend this weekend or next?

FairieTink
02-04-2006, 07:48 PM
I've been out of things - Is opening weekend this weekend or next?
The 11th of Feb. ::yay::

Myfanawy
02-05-2006, 02:11 AM
The 11th of Feb. ::yay::

:singdanc: Only 7 days!!!

Hopefully at this time next week, we'll be partying with Tartanic. ::laughingdevil::

Jess Devyne
02-09-2006, 11:42 AM
I completely expect pictures Ladies!!! I have to live vicariously through you for now, make us proud!! ::marilyn:

Myfanawy
02-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Oh, you know it! I'm expecting a new flash card for my camera in the mail today or tomorrow, and unlike the one that came with my camera, this one'll hold probably about 250 pictures (it's 256 MB--figured I didn't need a 1 GB card!--and that was all I could spend anyways....)

Pictures will definitely be available--likely on Monday. ;-)

2 FREAKIN' DAYS!!!! (far too long...)

Peaches O Malley
02-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh, you know it! I'm expecting a new flash card for my camera in the mail today or tomorrow, and unlike the one that came with my camera, this one'll hold probably about 250 pictures (it's 256 MB--figured I didn't need a 1 GB card!--and that was all I could spend anyways....)

Pictures will definitely be available--likely on Monday. ;-)

2 FREAKIN' DAYS!!!! (far too long...)

I'm soo ready! Maybe I can get a halfway decent pic for the forum :wink: I hate getting my picture taken, soo not photogenic. ::freakyf:

Myfanawy
02-09-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm soo ready! Maybe I can get a halfway decent pic for the forum :wink: I hate getting my picture taken, soo not photogenic. ::freakyf:

We'll work on that. :-)

Jess Devyne
02-09-2006, 03:14 PM

Smile a wenchly smile and all your natural beauty will shine through! I have faith!!

Peaches O Malley
02-09-2006, 03:18 PM
::hug:: I love my wench sisters!::hug::

Myfanawy
02-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Well, we love you too!!! Trust me, we'll get some FABULOUS pictures of you! (And isn't it wonderful--with digital cameras, if you don't like it, we can simply re-take it...)

All I know is I need some pics of me in that Khadija outfit...
(And hopefully a few with Adrian...) :haloslip:

Peaches O Malley
02-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Well, we love you too!!! Trust me, we'll get some FABULOUS pictures of you! (And isn't it wonderful--with digital cameras, if you don't like it, we can simply re-take it...)

All I know is I need some pics of me in that Khadija outfit...
(And hopefully a few with Adrian...) :haloslip:

Yeah!! I bought a new small digital camera for faire. So who is Adrian?:wink:

Peaches O Malley
02-09-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm really going to have to try and get there one of those 2 weekened Pirates or Rogues in kilts whats a wench to do with so many to choose from.LOL

OOh, kilts around my birthday! Whats a wench to do I ask you??!!*rotfl*

Myfanawy
02-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah!! I bought a new small digital camera for faire. So who is Adrian?:wink:

Who is Adrian? Ohhhhhh, honey, you're gonna find out REALLY soon. He's the frontman for Tartanic....and GORGEOUS!

http://www.mike-haley.com/gallery/public/view.asp?fld=68&gtype=lightbox&img=3874429835648151.jpg&count=0
http://www.mike-haley.com/gallery/public/view.asp?fld=68&gtype=lightbox&img=3874429835648155.jpg&count=0

Completely drool-worthy. :lick:

Peaches O Malley
02-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Who is Adrian? Ohhhhhh, honey, you're gonna find out REALLY soon. He's the frontman for Tartanic....and GORGEOUS!

http://www.mike-haley.com/gallery/public/view.asp?fld=68&gtype=lightbox&img=3874429835648151.jpg&count=0
http://www.mike-haley.com/gallery/public/view.asp?fld=68&gtype=lightbox&img=3874429835648155.jpg&count=0

Completely drool-worthy. :lick:

Ooooh, lovely! ::wagtong::

Myfanawy
02-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Ooooh, lovely! ::wagtong::

You know it.... :haloslip:

Just think--the time tomorrow, we'll be at Faire!!! :singdanc:

Peaches O Malley
02-10-2006, 09:33 PM
::yay:: ::boingyw:: :singdanc:

Adriana Rose
02-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Hey ladies I have some good Tartanic picts that I took last year if you guys wanna see them give a yell.

Myfanawy
02-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Hey ladies I have some good Tartanic picts that I took last year if you guys wanna see them give a yell.

Hon, I've got a whole set from this weekend.....but thanks for the offer!

(and many more shall follow....)

My favorite is still the one where Adrian's got his leg wrapped around me.... :haloslip:

Peaches O Malley
02-14-2006, 01:47 AM
Hon, I've got a whole set from this weekend.....but thanks for the offer!

(and many more shall follow....)

My favorite is still the one where Adrian's got his leg wrapped around me.... :haloslip:

Of course it is!!

Myfanawy
02-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Of course it is!!

Hmmm....might have to get more like it....