PDA

View Full Version : A Possibly Brilliant Idea

Grania Greenleaf
01-21-2006, 01:04 PM
I know that we said we are going to try and have more than one meeting a year, and in fact we were going to shoot for quarterly. I still think this is best, but I just had a brainstorm. :thinking: There is a chatroom here and also one in our Yahoo group, Bertiesbabes. If it's difficult for some of us to get time away from home or if it's short notice and we really need to all discuss something together, what about having a chat meeting in one of those places? Just an idea that I figured I'd share.

GraceHardGrave
01-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Thread Jack. Love your avatar, and the Triple Moon Circlet. Did you get it local, or azuregreen.com?

Ciani
01-22-2006, 06:57 PM
I know that we said we are going to try and have more than one meeting a year, and in fact we were going to shoot for quarterly. I still think this is best, but I just had a brainstorm. :thinking: There is a chatroom here and also one in our Yahoo group, Bertiesbabes. If it's difficult for some of us to get time away from home or if it's short notice and we really need to all discuss something together, what about having a chat meeting in one of those places? Just an idea that I figured I'd share.

I love this idea! I'm over 2.5 hours away, and when I'm on call I have to stay at home. :/ So far between that and prior plans I haven't been able to come out. I'm sad that once again I'll be missing an event in February. I'm going to my uncle's wedding in LV.

Grania Greenleaf
01-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Thread Jack. Love your avatar, and the Triple Moon Circlet. Did you get it local, or azuregreen.com?

Thank you mucho! :aok: That picture was taken of me a year ago at the Washington Mall SCA Day. And as for the Triple Moon circlet, I got that for about $10-$15 at Great Lakes Medieval Faire in Ohio 2 summers ago.

Hey, I read your profile by the way and methinks we should talk! Contact me sometime. Five words, Grace... "Do you have a flag?" ::neenern:

Miracle Wench
01-24-2006, 06:07 PM
I think it is a great idea let me know.

GraceHardGrave
01-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Five words, Grace... "Do you have a flag?" ::neenern:

You just sail around the world and stick a flag in. No flag, no Country. According to the rules that I've just made up. And I'm going to back it up, with this gun that I've borrowed from the National Rifle Association.

PS Have you Sinned lately?

/me hides the badgers

Grania Greenleaf
01-24-2006, 09:59 PM
PS Have you Sinned lately?

/me hides the badgers

::groupco: Honey, I sin every damn day and almost always enjoy it, but somehow I think you're referring to something more specific. WE MUST TALK!

GraceHardGrave
01-25-2006, 01:16 AM
::groupco: Honey, I sin every damn day and almost always enjoy it, but somehow I think you're referring to something more specific. WE MUST TALK!

Sorry, another Eddie (Dressed to kill) reference.

Original sin! What a hellish idea that is! People have to go,

"Father, bless me for I have sinned, I did an original sin… I poked a badger with a spoon."

"I've never heard of that one before! Five Hail Mary's and two Hello, Dolly's."

"Oh, all right..."
"Oh, all right..."

"Bless me, Father, for I have slept with my next door neighbor's wife."

"Heard it! I want an original sin."

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry!"

The Anglican faith doesn't have that. You'll never go,

"Vicar, I have done many bad things."

"Well, so have I."

"What shall I do?"

"Well, drink five Bloody Marys and you won't remember."

GraceHardGrave
01-25-2006, 01:17 AM

"Father, bless me for I have sinned, I did an original sin… I poked a badger with a spoon."

"Oh, all right..."
"Oh, all right..."

"Well, so have I."

"What shall I do?"

Cerulean Fire
01-25-2006, 01:22 AM

"Oh, all right..."
"Oh, all right..."

"Well, so have I."

"What shall I do?"

I love Eddie!!!! he was awesome in Glorious!

Grania Greenleaf
01-25-2006, 10:54 AM

"Oh, all right..."
"Oh, all right..."

"Well, so have I."

"What shall I do?"

:augh: I can't BEEEEELIEVE I missed that one. I have "Dress To Kill" practically memorized. Oh by the way... "Did I leave the gas on?"

"No! I'm a f*ckin' squirrel!"

GraceHardGrave
01-25-2006, 02:23 PM
I love Eddie!!!! he was awesome in Glorious!

Have you seen or Heard "Circle"? Where he's talking about the Pope, aka "Pope-man"

I'll tell you one thing.

When my hubby and I moved into our new house, after we brought in the Bread, Salt, and our Handfasting Broom, we brought in our Fridge Magnet.

it's a word bubble..... It says, "Cake or Death?"

GraceHardGrave
01-25-2006, 02:41 PM
:augh: I can't BEEEEELIEVE I missed that one. I have "Dress To Kill" practically memorized. Oh by the way... "Did I leave the gas on?" "No! I'm a f*ckin' squirrel!"

"F*cking nuts! Fed up with them always. I long for a grapefruit."

And they always eat the nut with two hands, because just one implies their Chatting.

And clay pigeons - everyone shoots them in the air. Wait 'til they land! Then go up to the clay pigeon... ( shoots ) Much easier.

Grania Greenleaf
01-25-2006, 07:25 PM
"Mais le souris est sur la table, le chat est sur la chaise, ET LE SINGE EST SUR LA BRANCHE!"

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Ou est le singe? Le singe est disparu!

Ah! Le singe est la bas! Il lire le journaeu.... Il fume une pipe...

Il est allé dans un autobus. Il conduit l'autobus. Il conduit au moins cinquante kilometre par heure.

Sandra Bullock et Keanu Reeves sont dans l'autobus. Et Dennis Hopper, ooo, quel menchant! Et Jeff Daniels est deja mort.

Ciao! http://forums.ibrsc.org/images/smiles/aktion083.gif

GraceHardGrave
01-25-2006, 08:43 PM
In the end, the only way I could get that line into a conversation was I had to go to France with a cat, a mouse, a monkey, a table and a chair, and wander around heavily wooded areas. “Come on, come on! Someone’s coming, someone’s coming! Quick, positions! Les positions, maintenant! Boulot, boulot! Tout de suite! Vas-y! Vas-y!

Je dois partir maintenant par ce qu ma grand-mère est flambée.

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Je suis le president de Burundi.

GraceHardGrave
01-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Je suis le president de Burundi.

Ah, oui, Burundi! Je le connais bien! C’est tout près de Zaire, oui? Tout près de Mozambique… No, Tanzanie, Tanzanie! ( chuckles falsely ) Oui, je les ai appris quand j’ai les pox de poulet."

So Bob, have YOU heard about Pope-man?

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
So Bob, have YOU heard about Pope-man?
No. I've only seen Dress to Kill, although I have 2 or 3 of the others on DVD; I just have yet to watch them.

I saw him live when he was doing the Dress to Kill tour. I didn't know who he was, a friend of mine just told me he had an extra ticket to "some british stand-up comic", and I went. LOVED IT!

GraceHardGrave
01-25-2006, 10:59 PM
No. I've only seen Dress to Kill, although I have 2 or 3 of the others on DVD; I just have yet to watch them.

I saw him live when he was doing the Dress to Kill tour. I didn't know who he was, a friend of mine just told me he had an extra ticket to "some british stand-up comic", and I went. LOVED IT!

WOW. Lucky Bugger. I'd love to see him live. The last time he was in the area, I was in the hospital. :( :pout:

I know it's not the same, but you can read the transcripts here: http://www.auntiemomo.com/cakeordeath/circletranscript.html

To hear Eddie:
http://quoi.freeservers.com/sound_pages/d2k.htm
Badger quote:
http://quoi.freeservers.com/post_sounds/D2K/badger_spoon.wav

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-26-2006, 01:38 AM
He's been around here a few times but everytime I find out about it he's already gone or sold out. :irked:

Great links!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-26-2006, 01:39 AM
By the way... we just hijacked the hell out of this thread, didn't we? :snicker:

GraceHardGrave
01-26-2006, 01:17 PM
By the way... we just hijacked the hell out of this thread, didn't we? :snicker:
I guess we should start a seperate Eddie theme Thread over at Fluffy and Funny....

Grania Greenleaf
01-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah, but by the time we do that, we'll be sick of this, don't you think?

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Some things never get old. :-)

WenchLadyKate
01-26-2006, 06:36 PM

You'd think that, but... nope... :snicker:

GraceHardGrave
01-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Eddie never gets old...............................

Cerulean Fire
01-27-2006, 01:04 PM
I had Glorious on VHS.. i snapped the tape.. hehe no... Eddie never gets old... I will not be online for about a week... i am going to be in DE. hehehe being a good lil Wench... i promis. well being good any way. So yeah what was the possably brilliant idea again? ...

GraceHardGrave
01-27-2006, 10:51 PM
I had Glorious on VHS.. i snapped the tape.. hehe no... Eddie never gets old... I will not be online for about a week... i am going to be in DE. hehehe being a good lil Wench... i promis. well being good any way. So yeah what was the possably brilliant idea again? ...

Well, pooh. I live in DE, near PA. I could use some quality Wench time, so I wish we could have gotten together.