PDA

View Full Version : Stripping , yes I said stripping.

Peaches O Malley
01-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Hey ladies,
I was just wondering if any of my fellow wenches had tried this workout, The S Factor? It's low impact and a blast ;) I do Yoga and wanted to try something different.
Now if I could figure out how to install a pole with vaulted ceilings.:shock:

FairieTink
01-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Hey ladies,
I was just wondering if any of my fellow wenches had tried this workout, The S Factor? It's low impact and a blast ;) I do Yoga and wanted to try something different.
Now if I could figure out how to install a pole with vaulted ceilings.:shock:

One of the ladies I work with did one of these, the Carmen Electria one I think.

Mistress Lisette
01-26-2006, 12:55 PM
I haven't tried the S Factor, but I did a similar seminar and occasional DVD work on Art of Exotic Dancing, which featured stripping and basic pole work. It got my heart pumping a bit, but I didn't find it that much of a work out, to be honest. Actually, I find bellydancing much more of a workout since you have to really concentrate on isolating muscles and then layering them by having them do different things at the same time. Plus dancing with a sword is a lot of fun! ;-)

~Lisette

GraceHardGrave
01-26-2006, 01:09 PM
There's a gym around the Towson, MD area, that my sister goes to. All they do it "Stripper-robics". Beginner classes work on floor technique, and after a few classes you get to start working with the pole. I'll tell you what though. My sister says she's always had a lot of fun with it, and Spencers Gifts in the malls, they started selling portable stripper poles.

http://www.spencersonline.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/categoryID/355b0405-1919-4ef4-a4fe-406058edcc5c/productID/dd7e7c74-7e0a-4a54-8253-d9b213b4f2d9/
Pole Dancing Kit - It's Pole Dancing to go!! Peekaboo Pole Dancing is the world's first complete pole dancing package and comes with its very own chrome plated, extendable dance pole (its patented design means no screws or bolts needed).

With your own dance pole the possibilities are endless!! You can boogie on down in the living room, spice things up in the bedroom or even liven up a friend's party!!

Also included is an instructional DVD and dance move guide to get you started and a sexy dance garter with 100 dance dollars for when you get going!! You've got it. So flaunt it! $79.99

Peaches O Malley
01-26-2006, 01:15 PM
I haven't tried the S Factor, but I did a similar seminar and occasional DVD work on Art of Exotic Dancing, which featured stripping and basic pole work. It got my heart pumping a bit, but I didn't find it that much of a work out, to be honest. Actually, I find bellydancing much more of a workout since you have to really concentrate on isolating muscles and then layering them by having them do different things at the same time. Plus dancing with a sword is a lot of fun! ;-)

~Lisette
True,
I take Tribal from friend and have the FCBD vhs and yes dancing with a sword is fun. I just like some variety and trust me S Factor it's a workout. ;-)

Mistress Lisette
01-26-2006, 01:18 PM
You'll get plenty of variety then with a stripping workout! :-D If it was just to work out with, then I'd say you'd need a supplement, but since you're doing Tribal, the S factor sounds like just for kicks, eh? Have fun!

~Lisette

Peaches O Malley
01-26-2006, 01:22 PM
There's a gym around the Towson, MD area, that my sister goes to. All they do it "Stripper-robics". Beginner classes work on floor technique, and after a few classes you get to start working with the pole. I'll tell you what though. My sister says she's always had a lot of fun with it, and Spencers Gifts in the malls, they started selling portable stripper poles.

http://www.spencersonline.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/categoryID/355b0405-1919-4ef4-a4fe-406058edcc5c/productID/dd7e7c74-7e0a-4a54-8253-d9b213b4f2d9/
Pole Dancing Kit - It's Pole Dancing to go!! Peekaboo Pole Dancing is the world's first complete pole dancing package and comes with its very own chrome plated, extendable dance pole (its patented design means no screws or bolts needed).

With your own dance pole the possibilities are endless!! You can boogie on down in the living room, spice things up in the bedroom or even liven up a friend's party!!

Also included is an instructional DVD and dance move guide to get you started and a sexy dance garter with 100 dance dollars for when you get going!! You've got it. So flaunt it! $79.99

Ok, that looks scary*rotfl* I think they tossed it together to make a few $$.

Jules
01-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Actually, I find bellydancing much more of a workout since you have to really concentrate on isolating muscles and then layering them by having them do different things at the same time. Plus dancing with a sword is a lot of fun! ;-)

~Lisette

Cool glad to hear this, I just got a DVD for belly dancing. It looks like fun, and swords you say.... hehehe gotta love sharp pointy things!

Welsh Wench
01-26-2006, 09:23 PM
I took the class 2X a week for 8 months and was offered the chance to teach it.
It was wonderful---and I loved it. Yes, I broke a sweat doing the class.
And yes, my office here is scattered with clothes when my stereo is on.

Mistress Lisette
01-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Cool glad to hear this, I just got a DVD for belly dancing. It looks like fun, and swords you say.... hehehe gotta love sharp pointy things!
::yay:: Yay!! Another bellydancing wench!

Exssssssellent! Soon we will take over the world!;-)

GraceHardGrave
01-27-2006, 11:28 PM
::yay:: Yay!! Another bellydancing wench!

Exssssssellent! Soon we will take over the world!;-)

I'm one too!!!

Peaches O Malley
01-27-2006, 11:48 PM
We're everywhere!!::yay::

biker
01-28-2006, 12:07 AM
so does this mean I should stock up on dollar bills?

Malcolm
01-28-2006, 01:45 AM
so does this mean I should stock up on dollar bills?
I think belly dancers take gold coins.:wubby:

biker
01-28-2006, 02:20 AM
I think belly dancers take gold coins.:wubby:

we would have to warm them up first....

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I think belly dancers take gold coins.:wubby:we would have to warm them up first....

The coins, or the dancers?

biker
01-28-2006, 09:53 PM
you warm up the coins, Ill warm up the dancers.

Myfanawy
01-29-2006, 05:48 AM
Dammit, I've been thinking the past week or so that I'd like to take a bellydancing class, and this is making me think of it more! ;-)

GraceHardGrave
01-29-2006, 12:18 PM
you warm up the coins, Ill warm up the dancers.

You can warm me up, Biker. :) :wubby:

biker
01-30-2006, 02:06 AM
You can warm me up, Biker. :) :wubby:

with great pleasure

Morrigan
03-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Actually i have the Carmen Electra DVD's... and they are actually really good... course it took me a couple of watches to actually follow what was happening instead of just watching her... my husband laughed at me the first time

Lilaney
03-02-2006, 11:14 AM
I had the first DVD (of that series), loaned it out..
And have yet to receive it back.
It was cute, my hubby laughed his head off as well!!
He said that I should stick to the bellydancing.
I think it is a confidence issue, I need the DVD back!!

Corazona DeDragon
03-07-2006, 08:08 PM

~Lisette

I totally agree.. I had a friend Willow try to teach me some basic. I also had the tapes.. now in a couple weeks I start actual training with Donna Flloyd in albany. I can't wait to start my bellydancing classic. They are a total workout. Not to mention.. they make you very limber:whip: hehe

Mistress Lisette
03-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Not to mention.. they make you very limber:whip: hehe
Yes, it does, and it's quite fun exploring the new levels of limberness, too!::laughingdevil::

;-)

Leyla
05-06-2006, 02:23 AM
If you're picky about your videos, or just want a cheaper way to test drive them here are a few ideas:
Most librarys have quite a selection of workout videos, and I've even managed to find one or two bellydancing ones.
Or my favorite: www.netflix.com For someone with no cable I've adored using this site for the few times I am in front of my TV each week. Other than your normal entertainment movies they also carry the S-Factor, Carmen Electras Aerobic Striptease and 49 (yes FORTY-NINE::yay:: ) belly dance related DVDs. Plus each DVD has a member review section if you want more information on it. If you decide you like a DVD you can always go out and buy it (or purchase off a website or whatever) and if you hate it just return it and get another one.

*runs off to go work on an avatar*

Cruisewench
05-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Or my favorite: www.netflix.com
This reminded me: Though I haven't really taken much time to look into it, there is a similar site which has nothing but exercise videos, www.flicketyfit.com