PDA

View Full Version : Rpfs!

MoonWench
02-22-2006, 02:16 PM
I know it's still early but who is working the faire this year and who is planning to attend?

Mistress Morigianna
02-22-2006, 04:28 PM
donno my work scedule yet this year but i know we have a booth at palm springs in march.

biker
02-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Im planning on going at least once. if it turns out that its goingto be more fantasy then renn faire, I'm giving my $$$ to the corona faire instead.

MoonWench
02-24-2006, 03:10 PM
I can understand the anger about the fantasy stuff. WTF was with that thing outside the faire last year? I so wanted to take a sword to it.

Mistress Morigianna
02-24-2006, 04:27 PM
ohhh imissed last year- what did they do?

biker
02-24-2006, 06:51 PM
dunno I skipped it too.

MoonWench
02-24-2006, 07:45 PM
They had this big air filled lizard the called a dragon and they charged people to walk thru it. The only purpose the dragon served was to collect extra money and scare small children.

http://relivinghistory.net/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album31&id=pleasurefaire01

biker
02-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I know the guy that runs the archery booth, perhaps he'll miss the target.

biker
02-24-2006, 10:31 PM
I can understand the anger about the fantasy stuff.

I know theres a place for the fantasy stuff, and that if the person is in question a patron they have the right to wear whatever they want, it could be a twinkie costume, BUT come on, Im tired of seeing the human pets, heavage and the rest of the like. If a person wants to wear say shiny fabric for whatever class, say peasent fine, close enough, you're trying ya know.

Bronya
02-25-2006, 11:44 AM
The "dragon" will be gone for sure. They are changing the outline of the shire to have a better "flow" AND they are NOT having "Sound and Fury" this year. Richard is pretty upset and said they are going to go to Corona Faire. The suits at RPFS feel that they need to freshen up some of the aspects of the faire by getting rid of the old and bringing in some new. IMHO-why mess with what has been working since 1964. Guess REC is worried since we had to move...maybe they are getting ready to give us the boot like they did Northern.

Sorcha Griannon
02-25-2006, 03:57 PM
I plan on going, but how often? Who knows now that the drive went from 27 mins to over an hour (spoiled rotten, I know). It really depends on the hubbys schedule at work, and whether the little one is up to it...
I hope to see some of you there

Sorcha

biker
02-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Personally I think REC needs to be booted. let the Rennies run the faire.

MoonWench
02-28-2006, 01:59 PM
What? You think that a faire should be run but the people who love it and not by people who are looking to squeeze every penny they can out of it? For shame!

Mistress Morigianna
03-01-2006, 12:36 AM
shamless plug!-
remember on your way up over or out to the faire ::ponyrid: you can hop off the 91 or the 60 and visit DragonMarsh in Downtown Riverside! Show your wench card for a 15% discount off anything but consignment & sale items.

We just increased the fabric & trim section and got new jewelry & blades in.
open 7 days a week 10:30-6:30 except major holidays (easter, memorial day).
Plus you get to make fun of me out of wench garb. Purple hair and a sweater/jeans? LOL

you can also oggle my boytoy in his new leather thigh high boots. (no touching!)*rotfl*

MoonWench
03-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Shameless or not thanks for the info. I am always looking for great places to shop and if I can shop with a fellow wench that makes it even better.