PDA

View Full Version : KCRF

Kaelyn Korvus
06-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Anyone know if we have an invasion weekend planned for KC this year? And where is the hostel? Sadly, I wasn't in the IWG last year, so forgive me for asking obvious questions :oops:

Hope to see you there ladies (once I finally decide what weekend to go :P )

daBaroness
06-19-2003, 06:16 PM
There is currently no hostel because the owner of the previous one was ... um ... how to put this delicately? The State of Kansas has an agreement with him - he stays out of the state and they don't put him in jail. Just one of the fun little facts about the currently limboing Local 29. But fear not, I and others are working on reviving the local in time for this year's faire.

There are quite a number of us, but like cats, we're often difficult to herd together. I'd like to plan a get-together outside of faire to brainstorm ideas for reviving and growing the local, as well as conducting elections of officers necessary to hold sanctioned wench walks at faire, etc.

I also am attempting to get ahold of a favorite crafter to see if they'll host the hostel. Once that is accomplished, I'll work with folks to set up a get-together. Anyone who'd like to be involved is welcome - I just need contact information - e-mail or phone preferably.

daBaroness

Mermaid
06-20-2003, 02:05 AM
me, me--I'll be glad to participate in whatever I can, whenever I can get away from the booth!

Mermaid

Kaelyn Korvus
06-20-2003, 07:34 AM
My work schedule will be changing soon, but if we go by e-mail or phone (phone tag? :p) then shouldn't be a problem at all. I'll be glad to help in any way that's needed. Email addy is [email protected]

If you want my phone number, I'll email it to ya :)

Charity
07-15-2003, 10:59 PM
Me too! Me too! e-mail is [email protected]

If you need phone numbers, e-mail me and I'll send it along.

Morwen DeBangor
07-15-2003, 11:39 PM
Newbie here, I still haven't gotten my stuff from Lars, except for my guild number, but I will be at KC on Sept 6 and 7. If anyone knows where all will be, let me know and I'll stop by and introduce myself.

Nitestar
06-29-2004, 11:10 PM
So, should we get some plans going for this year's KCRF? Trying to get some traffic going so we can have some Wenches there!! :lol:

We're currently planning for last weekend. Anyone else?

milcliar
07-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Not sure luv, but, have been tryin to find info on KCRF forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L&L, Milcliar

Mermaid
07-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Not sure luv, but, have been tryin to find info on KCRF forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L&L, Milcliar

What info are you looking for? Faire itself, local wenches?

Mermaid

hhrvt
07-24-2005, 03:04 PM
I have no idea what weeeknd(s) my rogue and I will be there, his schedule is in a constant state of flux

erinrai
07-24-2005, 06:21 PM
My SO, myself and several of our friends from all over the country are going the second weekend. First time to fair for most of them. It should be fun.

Giselle
07-27-2005, 04:47 PM
I know NOTHING!!!...of this faire but am interested in details....DETAILS PEOPLE!!! LOL. Okay, the chances of me making it there without carpooling and bunking up are HIGHLY unlikely but ya never know. Any details about this faire would be appreciated especially since I wanna meet some of my Local Lasses. Dates, good hotels and costs...I'm in OKC so it's definately a "plan ahead" kinda deal. :D

~Giselle~

erinrai
07-27-2005, 06:44 PM
http://www.kcrenfest.com/info.html

Not sure about good hotels or such, I live just over an hours drive away. I too, am looking forward to meeting some other wenches and such.

TommyMalkavian
07-29-2005, 05:20 PM
As far as Hotels go - let me say - you would probably be better off getting something that is at least 30 minutes or more away from the KC Ren Fest.

That time of year is big for alot of things in KC including the American Royal - so finding a hotel at a reasonable price can be a BIG problem

The best way to find a hotel would probably be to pick a chain that you think might have hotels you can afford and then look them up on the web - like Holiday Inn or Motel 6 - get an address and then go to yahoo maps to map you a route to the Faire. Then make your reservations well in advance. (Just trust that I speak from experience, lol)

For those of us that live so close to KC (I'm only about an hour away) - this isn't something we often think of - but I have friends that I started bringing to the Faire in college (about 12 yrs ago) and we still get together at the Faire nearly ever year. They come up from South Missouri and these are hints they have given me to give other people coming from far away.

Just my suggestions.

As for when - I'll be there probably the last weekend.. and maybe one or two others.

As far as getting together for brainstorming - my e-mail is [email protected] -- I can at least see if I can clear my schedule to attend!

erinrai
07-29-2005, 06:09 PM
I wish my friends coming up from Southern Missouri were staying at a hotel. But my rogue invited ALL of them to stay at our house. Faire on the weekend and the next to weekdays sitting around playing AD&D and eating good Japanese food. None of them have been to faire before so any advice on preparing them for the experience.

TommyMalkavian
08-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Advice on preparing them for the KCRF? Hrm... I don't think I have any advice - except that they bring a decent appetite for the great food and as much cash as they can spare because so many things will catch their eye - but that's two things you likely already thought of.

My friends are pretty out-going/ outspoken (and it's funny you'll be playing AD&D because that was the group that originally game from college - all of us that were gaming in AD&D together..lol) - so I didn't have to encourage them to participate much - but then the Festival has changed alot since those days too.

I cannot honestly think of any advice - and I have a couple of friends coming all the way from Florida for a visit and I am taking them to the Fest for the first time - I think the only advice I have given them was what I said above - oh good footwear is a must, no flowery scents in anything to avoid bees, and bring an umbrella just in case, lol.

But there again, probably all things you've thought of. :D

If they are looking for an idea of what the fest is like I would shoot them over to the website, but other than the usual - wear something comfortable, not too dark and be ready for anything - I don't think there's much advice to give!

wendyzski
08-19-2005, 01:22 PM
We got the call yesterday!

We'll be performing every weekend except 5, because we were already booked for the Stronghold Old English Faire that weekend.

for hotels - I hightly recommend Hotwire.com. I just finished booking all our travel, and we're in the LaQuinta in Lenexa for around $40/night, except for opening when we're in the Homestead Suites in Overland Park, and race weekend when we're in the Mariott downtown.

We're baaaaaaaaack!!!

Nitestar
08-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Have you seen the new feature the KCRF site is putting on for the Halloween Season? The Phantom's Feaste starts the last weekend of the Faire, October 15th. The link for more info is off of the www.kcrenfest.com site. Is anyone planning to go?

Mermaid
08-21-2005, 12:59 AM
We got the call yesterday!

We'll be performing every weekend except 5, because we were already booked for the Stronghold Old English Faire that weekend.

for hotels - I hightly recommend Hotwire.com. I just finished booking all our travel, and we're in the LaQuinta in Lenexa for around $40/night, except for opening when we're in the Homestead Suites in Overland Park, and race weekend when we're in the Mariott downtown.

We're baaaaaaaaack!!!

Woot! Can't wait to see you!

Mermaid

wendyzski
08-21-2005, 03:01 PM
I fucked up on Priceline, and am now in posession ot TWO prepaid hotel rooms for closing weekend.

Anyone want to stay at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Lenexa (2 beds non-smoking includes breakfast) for $42/night?

Stay cheep and help out a fellow wench?

daBaroness
08-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Glad to hear you're going to be back!!!!

Has Jim or Jess given you a schedule yet? MentalPause is on the Seafarer's Beergarden Stage every half hour, but we don't know yet who's sharing the venue with us this year.

wendyzski
08-23-2005, 12:07 PM
No schedule info yet - In the past we were a Hunters Glen/Dunwoodie kind of show. No idea what he thinks we are now.

wendyzski
08-23-2005, 12:08 PM
No schedule info yet - In the past we were a Hunters Glen/Dunwoodie kind of show. No idea what he thinks we are now.

I'm just bloody glad that stoopid (not to mention illegal and unenforceable) ASCAP/BMI clause is finally out of the musician's contracts!

aspen
08-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Oh, goody!

Does that mean Festivals, Inc. finally coughed up the few hundred dollars for a blanket site license?

Aspen

wendyzski
08-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Does that mean Festivals, Inc. finally coughed up the few hundred dollars for a blanket site license?Aspen

First off - KCRF is a MidAmerica Festivals show (along with MNRF, MiRF, and BARF).

Second - ASCAP and BMI clearly state on their websites that fees are the responsibility of the venue, not the performer. Several years ago, there was a clause inserted into the musician's contracts at all MidAm shows that stated that the performers would pay any fees or fines from either of these organizations. At the time, I wrote a detailed brief to management explaining how this was contrary to the policies of both groups. All the legal opinions we sought concurred that this clause was not only unenforceable but most likely illegal as well.

Various re-wordings took place over the next few years, from "no covers" to "we get the rights to any originals you perform there", all of which were the subject of much discussion and occasional laughter. We simply dropped a few tunes from our set lists and added a statement to our contract stating our position.

Apparently, either MidAm has either 1) given up and paid 2) gotten some decent legal advice about their contracts or 3) just decided to ignore the issue. Whichever is true, at least it saves me from writing a contract addendum this year.

Adriana Rose
09-08-2005, 02:28 AM
*shy wave*

Hi ladies umm I hope to be at the last weekend to commandeer my pet squire, I might be bringing my mum.

But ethier way it is a sort of invasion right? albet a rather small one.......

feel free to bug the heck outta my pet! His name is Shipwreck and he is one of the squires......

Adriana Rose
09-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Friggen Puter....

Nothing to see move along, move along...