PDA

View Full Version : The annual Fling Thread..

Holly
03-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Ha Ha... i started it first...

Anyways.... Who is going???

Lets start plotting!!

Bean
03-28-2006, 07:02 PM
You know I'll be there!! I think I'll be on vacation that week so I'll be there pretty early on Friday, if not Thursday night. I'm certain Hezzie will need the extra hands to set up.

Send me your addy Holly!!!!!!!

Holly
03-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh damn.. i KNew i forgot someting

had a blast hanging the other day!!

Bean
03-28-2006, 11:14 PM
When ya' coming back?????

Cerulean Fire
03-29-2006, 01:49 PM
I will if I have the $$!!! but um... not lookin' good on that front.

Ciani
03-29-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm hoping to go, but a lot of things are up in the air right now regarding June.

Holly
03-29-2006, 05:35 PM
I will if I have the $$!!! but um... not lookin' good on that front.

Nah,. your money situation gonna be ok by then... I KNOWS IT!!

Holly
03-29-2006, 05:36 PM
When ya' coming back?????

GODS<< i hope soon...

Hell. how does tomarrow sound???

BTW.. it wasnt soo bad hanging with us old-school republicans was it now??

I need to rememeber to bring better shoes..

and somone make sure i bring my damn dreamshoes to fling and see if they can fix em..

Cerulean Fire
03-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Nah,. your money situation gonna be ok by then... I KNOWS IT!!
I hopes so... i realllly doooo!!! And thanks for the kudos and suport... i love you!

I will try to remind you about the shoes...

Holly
04-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Less than three months now!!!

WenchLadyKate
04-18-2006, 12:07 AM
I hate thinking about it this early, because I get so excited! But apparently the hotel right across the street is already booked solid so I guess i should have thought of it even earlier... :-( I'll be there though, but I'll be staying in Lancaster. I think the Rogue made rev's today.

Bean
04-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Damn, that reminds me I have to call Pinch Pond.............

Bridget BeadWeaver
04-18-2006, 01:41 PM
hezzie already has her rezzie.

for fling as well as the music fest.

Tink
04-18-2006, 03:54 PM
I'll be there too. Same boat as Kate though. After months of thinking "I need to book my hotel". I didn't actually remember to do it until this past Monday, so I too will not be right across the street. :grumble::roll:

Bean
04-18-2006, 10:32 PM
But at least you will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink
04-20-2006, 12:36 PM
But at least you will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True enough! I am looking forward to it. It will be my first Fling.

Holly
04-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Hey tink.. i look forward to meeting you!!

Are you a 'hotels only' kinda girl??? or a camping-type??

Grania Greenleaf
04-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Hey, this isn't a Fling Thread until we get Richard MacHugely and Roger posting on here with heavily-laden innuendoes about "tent-pitching" and "tripods" and such. Captain and First Mate of the StormBringer, consider yourselves PINGed!

Here is where I stand. I'd love to go. I had a blast last year (except for the brief incident where I nearly passed out from the heat...still many thanks to Fish for taking care of me). However, I will only have 2 vacation days left for the year after I go to Georgia in a couple weeks to see my honey. Granted, I could leave after work on Friday, but that still leaves me with a long-ass haul back across state late on a Sunday after 2 days at Faire, which is exhausting no matter how much fun is had. Is anyone going who plans to leave earlyish on Sunday to get back to the Pgh area and perhaps could I bum a ride with them? I will be glad to give them some money for gas.

Tink
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey tink.. i look forward to meeting you!!

Are you a 'hotels only' kinda girl??? or a camping-type??

I camp. My guy is a a big outdoorsman, soooo yeah...LOL...I camp.

Roger
04-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Grania, thank you for releasing me from that bottle. You are correct; it is time for the innuendo to start. Sadly, I have been working like a madman/fool. Whatís worse, Richard has had wench.org blocked on his work server.

We will both be a Fling this year, but I know I will not be staying over. Iíll be recovering from a long and arduous Disney World Trip (6/11-21) and will only make Fling one day. I will be looking forward to getting back to the office for some rest and to Fling for some physical (ale and kettle corn) abuse. My office is close enough to Pinch Pond that I can stop by Friday and pitch a tent or two if any ladies need a hand.

Our crew is growing for PARF. At least two more virgins will be joining at Fling. Canít wait to see you all.

Holly
04-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I camp. My guy is a a big outdoorsman, soooo yeah...LOL...I camp.

Rock...

do you plan on being at pinch pond?? or elsewhere???

Miracle Wench
05-01-2006, 10:50 PM
hello there
I do hope to get there as well life has had a changes in it for this year I will have to get back with you guys about it.

Tink
05-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Rock...

do you plan on being at pinch pond?? or elsewhere???

Sorry I am so late in replying to this. No...no camping for Fling. I have a hotel room reserved.

RichardMacHugely
05-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Looks like Roger and I may be bringing quite a kilted crew with us this year.

Bean
05-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Will you be at Pinch Pond, m'dear?

Emma nic Gunn
05-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Hey all--
Which is a better day to come? I don't know if I'll be able to make both days, but I am going to make it one day. Saturday? during the games? Or Sunday?

Bean
05-27-2006, 09:58 PM
In my opinion, Saturday is the day. Since the hours are long, most people who are visiting leave early on Sunday to head home. Besides, I have to work on Sunday for a friend in her booth, I will be at play on Saturday!

Ysobelle
05-30-2006, 12:13 PM
In my opinion, Saturday is the day. Since the hours are long, most people who are visiting leave early on Sunday to head home. Besides, I have to work on Sunday for a friend in her booth, I will be at play on Saturday!

Bean! For whom are you working???

Roger
05-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey all--
Which is a better day to come? I don't know if I'll be able to make both days, but I am going to make it one day. Saturday? during the games? Or Sunday?

Saturday is certainly THE DAY. If for no other reason, Richard and I will be there on Saturday. It will take us two days to recover from that drunk.::chugchu: ::guiness:

Bean
05-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Ysobelle, my dear, I think the heat has gotten to you already! Heather is doing henna this year...........

Ysobelle
05-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Ysobelle, my dear, I think the heat has gotten to you already! Heather is doing henna this year...........

Oh, THAT I knew-- but you're working with her? ROCK ON!

Even better? If you guys are where you were last year, in The Grove? We'll be neighbours! I'm right across from the lighthouse!

Emma nic Gunn
05-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Bummer!! I just remembered there is a tiornal in Philly on Sat, so I have to come Sunday. Oh well, no games.

Are you both working in the Grove? I'll have to come visit and introduce myself since you will be hard at work!

Bean
05-31-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure, but I think she is going to try for that area. I probably will be up early Friday to help set up. I took Friday off so I didn't have to set up camp in the dark like I did 2 years ago. What a pain. It was semi-dark last year. This year, daylight, time to hit the pool if it's really hot, and have a leisurely evening of food and cocktails...........

WenchLadyKate
05-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey, I was just checking out the schedule and noticed Seven Nations. Do they usually play there? If so, I'm an idiot for never getting the program. I love them!

Cupcake
06-01-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm right across from the lighthouse!

Probably a dumb question, but do you need me that weekend? I'm there anyway, but just checking...

pngwnmama
06-02-2006, 01:17 AM
There is a concert Fri night and the Grove has to be opne so make sure you guys get there early for set up. I will be in my booth of course. :)

Ysobelle
06-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Probably a dumb question, but do you need me that weekend? I'm there anyway, but just checking...

Oh, yes! Saturday and Sunday, if you please, ma'am!

Sterling
06-02-2006, 10:33 AM
I just saw that Black 47 is playing the Friday night concert! I asked off the whole weekend. I can't wait to see everyone!!!
Start lining up the rogues now! :wubby: ::bateyel: ::waggle::

Bridget BeadWeaver
06-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I have talked to Carrie, and asked her to try to save me a spot up in swashbuckler's grove. I kind of hated our location last year. that shop was ok, but being on the blacktop when it was soooooooooooo hot sucked hard (and NOT in that "good" way either!!)!
Im not sure where the lighthouse is Nikki...more clues?
I plan to leave Pgh at like 7 or 8 Friday morning....usually Tom would say he wouldnt be there till noonish so there was no point in getting there any earlier.
I have no idea how early Carrie plans to be there friday for setups.
I havent been getting much feedback from her.

and yes...I am signed on to do henna and face painting for both Celtic Fling and the Celtic Music Fest in July.

Alianore DeClare
06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Me, Me! I'll be there, happily flinging myself about with abandon! Would love to make the concert Friday nite, but doubt it sincerely - looking too forward to Hotel room, pool, and drinks.....and Saturday! We are also staying in Lancaster (again), having completely overlooked the time frame, though I SWORE I'd get that hotel across the street THIS year - hehehe - procrastination is either a curse or an asset... [WHY don't we all get together and book a BLOCK of rooms for next year?]

Will be arriving with the usual crew, Savoir Faire and his lovely Ladye along with their powder monkeys. I shall be sporting at least ONE of my own full-grown heiresses, if not both (a VERY pleasant change if both could be there at the same time:) We always have such a blast - what a great crew! And the lovely Wenches of Local 9 3/4, and their handsome Rogues really know how to make a gal feel at home!

I'm sure there will be the usual meet and greet and hubub at Swashbuckler's (at the top of the HILL (pant, pant - perfect spot for thirsty souls) behind the big red Pirate ship, if any virgins are lost) on Saturday - you all know I'll be there, hoping for some of Duncan's cherries, and hoisting a few to Wenches and Rogues, past and present.

Ysobelle
06-05-2006, 07:07 PM
I will now be not 50 feet from Swashbucklers Pub-- IN the Grove itself. You are all hereby given OFFICIAL notice that if you DON'T come see me in my brand-new MayFaire Moon shoppe, there WILL be ass-kicking. And I have The Pointy Boots of No Forgiveness back, so WATCH OUT!

Bean
06-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Hey Nikki, just poke your head out of your booth and YELL!!!!!!!!!!!! We should be right near there!

Cyranno DeBoberac
06-06-2006, 01:17 AM
You are all hereby given OFFICIAL notice that if you DON'T come see me in my brand-new MayFaire Moon shoppe, there WILL be ass-kicking.
That's hardly a disincentive, darling.... :moon::whip:

:kiss:

Rosina Cernak
06-06-2006, 10:45 AM
I will now be not 50 feet from Swashbucklers Pub-- IN the Grove itself. You are all hereby given OFFICIAL notice that if you DON'T come see me in my brand-new MayFaire Moon shoppe, there WILL be ass-kicking. And I have The Pointy Boots of No Forgiveness back, so WATCH OUT!
nikki I MIGHT be able to get out of the booth but I can't promise it. Does it count if I stop by in mundades?... oh wait I did promise to let you taste the Fairy Dust so that means that I need to get dressed and come to see you.... maybe bring you some in a little jar. bring your own way to apply it....see you then.