PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Garbers

emalia
01-15-2003, 12:37 PM
Hi there,
I am looking for garbers to recommend to my people for the Bay area renaissance festival in FL. I am tring to pick those with fairly reasonable rates and those that are willing to work within our guidelines. Please let me know if you ar einterested, that way we can spread the wealth.. =)

Abigail
01-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Emalia-

I live in CA, but if you are looking for some less expensive stuff, I can give it a shot. Do you have a website and/or handout with guildlines so I cna familiarise myself with what your faires guildines are?

Abigail :lol:

lauradake
01-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Dittoes on Abby's comments--I'm in NC, but I'd be glad to put together a specific list of items that are appropraite for your faire, if you have a standard list of guidelines.

Good luck with the Faire! :)

emalia
01-22-2003, 07:28 AM
Sorry it has taken so long, here are the lower class requirements. I am still working on a written middle class verbage. On a different note, 5's ALIVE! My PC has been resurrected.

Basic Requirements for the Bay Area Renaissance Festival

Females of the Lower classes: Lower class colored (earth toned) supporting bodices with front closures. Grommets should not be a decoration, but of dark color or covered if possible. Multiple long skirts, also of earth-toned colors. Bloomers of plain colors that do not stick out from under their skirts (blend in if possible). Square necked, or simple gathered, long sleaved, natural coloured, chemises that DO NOT go off the shoulders. Bodices should have no trim, or very little grosgrain trim.

Men of lower class: Natural Coloured long sleaved basic menís peasant shirts. Earth toned simple jerkins or doublets with no, or very little grosgrain trim. Earth-toned basic pants.

All costumes should be of natural fiber fabric, no velvets. Trigger is best for the bodices and doublets. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Abigail
01-22-2003, 12:51 PM
Perfect, thanks Emalia!

I just got done shoppping at Joann's last night for some bodice fabric, I should have some stuff done and up on ebay by next week. I usually use brass grommets in earth tone stuff, unless black looks better, it's usually a judgement call, but if you have wenches that need bodices I can alsways sell them ungrommeted and they can choose black, silver or brass and then I cna grommets them afterwards.

BTW, If anyone (or a gaggle of wenches) wants chemises, I do bulk discounts.

For example, this year b4 Pennisc I'll be doing 10 white short sleeve hip length chemises for a wench and they are only $10.00 each because she ordered all 10 at once.

So if you want some good sturdy cottom chemises, drop me a line, I just bought a bolt of white cotton last night and I'll be turning out chemises tonight and tomorrow.

Abby

emalia
01-22-2003, 02:25 PM
Many Many thnak yous!

As for the Grommet issue, the only thing I am really trying to steer clear of, is grommets sticking out and looking like decorations. What ever will BELND best is really all that is needed. :D

Mistress Morigianna
01-27-2003, 02:14 AM
greetings!

you can call the store for in stock items and have them shipped
909 276-1116
or check out the pricelist on www.dragonmarsh.com

or go direct to me ( head seamstress- lol)
and I make everything.
curently i have several light work weeks to make costumes so now is a good time!!

e- mail me for pictures.

hugs!

Mistress Morigianna