PDA

View Full Version : Faire Info

Bronya
04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
I am planning my vacation to coincide with Ut and Co. faires in July (the weekend also happens to be my birthday weekend :O).
Just wondering what the weather is like there in July. I plan on bringing both peasant and pyrate garb. Do I need to bring my cloak also?
Can anyone also suggest some safe, inexpensive hotels near the Faires. I will be traveling alone so need to be in the best areas I can.
Thanks so much, I look forward to meeting you.

Morgaine
04-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Yea!!! You're coming to Colorado!!! I'm going to assume you are taking in the Colorado Ren Faire in Larkspur. (There is also one in Grand Junction, so there is a chance I'm wrong.) I think we met a few years back when my Rogue and I visited Southern, and maybe even Arizona...

I would put in a light cloak, more for rain than warmth. You really never know in Colorado in the summer. Some days we may get a nice sprinkle that just cools everything off rather nicely around 3:00. And then there was the year recently that we got major downpours almost every day, and there were new rivers (no, not rivlets, not streams, RIVERS) running through the grounds. (we honestly sent some dolls surfing the rapids) Most everyone was frozen to the bone, and our cloak vendors did a tidy profit. I have known it to snow in July, but it wouldn't last long, and would melt in no time, so that level of cloakage would just take up space in the suitcase.

As to hotels, there is no bad place to stay in Castle Rock. It's all totally safe. I think there are some sponsor types listed on the Faire Page (www.coloradorenaissance.com (http://www.coloradorenaissance.com)) There are new hotels going up at the north end of Colorado Springs - I know there is a Residence Inn, and a Hilton Garden, and one that's almost finished that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. All with easy access to I-25 for getting to the faire. From either Castle Rock or Colorado Springs, it's may be a 20 minute drive. Pretty simple to get to. And if you are willing to rough it a bit, there is a great KOA Campground just north of the Fairegrounds, that have cabins as well.

I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. Which weekend will you be joining us, so I can be sure I'm there? My hubby is on cast, but I'm not, so I go as my schedule allows.

Bronya
04-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Didn't we meet even before you were married? I think at AZ and maybe even Escondido or the RPFS? You have reddish hair right?
I will be at the little Cedar City Faire on 7/15. Then on to Colorado to do some sightseeing, take in a play and then to your Faire (Larkspur) on 7/22
Hopefully you can be there that weekend. I will keep in touch as the time grows closer.
Thanks so much for taking time to five me so help-Ilook forward to seeing you again

Adriana Rose
04-25-2006, 12:18 AM
there is a holiday inn in Castle Rock that has pretty good prices. As for you cloak I donno if you wanna bring it if things are like they were last year you will not need a cloak maybe a ton of ice but you know how it is if you dont like the weather wait 5 minutes hahaha.

I will be working in booth number 13 so just look for some wench pins in the shop.

Hugs

Jess Devyne
04-25-2006, 02:26 AM
Didn't we meet even before you were married? I think at AZ and maybe even Escondido or the RPFS? You have reddish hair right?
I will be at the little Cedar City Faire on 7/15. Then on to Colorado to do some sightseeing, take in a play and then to your Faire (Larkspur) on 7/22
Hopefully you can be there that weekend. I will keep in touch as the time grows closer.
Thanks so much for taking time to five me so help-Ilook forward to seeing you again

Hey Bronya!

I don't think you and I have met, as of yet, but, I look forward to meeting you this year! I will be at faire every weekend this year, and I am very easy to find. If I'm not within sight...."they" know how to find me!!!

I was elected Madam for Local 35 this year and I try to make it a point to be very visible....always easy to find;-)

Please message me, let us know what's going on....we will be looking for you!!!

Hugs
Jess

Bronya
04-25-2006, 09:35 PM
I am getting so excited and it is only the end of April!!! Thank you all for making me feel welcome and for your suggestions. I will find all of you and we shall raise a tankard together.

Morgaine
05-12-2006, 11:47 AM

Yep - that was me! Your group was soooo generous to invite me to a birthday party after the Escondido Faire. I'm not sure if we hooked up when I took my Rogue (at the time, still at Fiance level) to the Southern Faire... anyway - I'll be sure to introduce you. He plays His Grace Lord Xander O'Grady, Earl of Limerick on the court. And I'll be SURE to get to faire the weekend you are here!

Safe travels!