PDA

View Full Version : POTC:Dead Mans Chest

Peaches O Malley
05-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Check out the latest trailer. WOOOT!!! Johnny Depp *drool* *rotfl* *rotfl*

http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/pirates/index.html

I think the local members of the Bone Crew need to catch this in garb!!::yay:: ::yay:: ::yay:: What do you say ladies???? (Captain, Myf, Beck???)

Sorcha Griannon
05-15-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm so there.....

Sorcha

Pathos
05-15-2006, 11:47 PM
I dunno.

The first film got by sheerly on the charisma of Johnny Depp. It was a half hour too long if you think about it. And the story was silly. A much loved historical period but throw in some zombies. Nevertheless thanks to Johnny and Geoffrey Rush it worked. If you take out the zombies...the rest is still accurate of our romanticized version of the period.

Now this one seems to have all kinds of monsters and mythical mayhem. I fear they may go over the top this time. Jerry Bruckheimer is all about big BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG.
Besides...I didn't see Norrington anywhere in the trailer despite the fact he's listed in the credits. The best character in the first film was Norrington. He was the conflicted moral center from which the other characters played off.

If I'd lived in that time I wouldn't want to be part of Sparrow's crew on the Pearl...I'd want to be part of Norrington's regiment.

WenchLadyKate
05-16-2006, 12:40 AM
I dunno.

The first film got by sheerly on the charisma of Johnny Depp. It was a half hour too long if you think about it. And the story was silly. A much loved historical period but throw in some zombies. Nevertheless thanks to Johnny and Geoffrey Rush it worked. If you take out the zombies...the rest is still accurate of our romanticized version of the period.

Now this one seems to have all kinds of monsters and mythical mayhem. I fear they may go over the top this time. Jerry Bruckheimer is all about big BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG.
Besides...I didn't see Norrington anywhere in the trailer despite the fact he's listed in the credits. The best character in the first film was Norrington. He was the conflicted moral center from which the other characters played off.

If I'd lived in that time I wouldn't want to be part of Sparrow's crew on the Pearl...I'd want to be part of Norrington's regiment.

Part of the reason I LOVE LOVE LOVE PotC is because of the sillyness. However, I'm also worried about the second one going a bit monster crazy. Sort of like "The Mummy". I like that movie, it's cute with the mummies and bugs and stuff. But the second one? WAY too much mummy. I was glad I didn't go see it in the theatre and only wasted 3 bucks to rent it. I don't think I even watched the end. I really hope that doesn't happen here... I really want to like it, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Lis Elfwench
05-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Part of the reason I LOVE LOVE LOVE PotC is because of the sillyness. However, I'm also worried about the second one going a bit monster crazy. Sort of like "The Mummy". I like that movie, it's cute with the mummies and bugs and stuff. But the second one? WAY too much mummy. I was glad I didn't go see it in the theatre and only wasted 3 bucks to rent it. I don't think I even watched the end. I really hope that doesn't happen here... I really want to like it, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Awww...come on....I loved The Mummy II better than the original! You can never have too much mummy in my opinion. He was HOT. :lol: And this pirate sequel looks awesome as well. I adore over the top films with hot guys...there's really no way it can go wrong for me.

Mistress Lisette
05-16-2006, 01:28 AM
I adore over the top films with hot guys...*rotfl* This just makes me giggle!
I'll see it, probably on opening weekend, too. Who knows? I do know that I have a thang for Depp, my rit's into the whole monster/pirate/mayhem thing and since he's too young to drive and take himself to the movies, I'm going with.

Pearl_Fox
05-16-2006, 02:04 AM
I loved the first movie, but am a bit hesitant about the second movie with Davy Jones and the monster effect. Though I am still going to see it because I love to watch any thing that Johnny Depp does. Though there are still a couple of his movies that make me want to wash my eyes out... and the main one is one a friend of mine loves. I thought the acting was alright in it I just didn't care for the movie... Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas... not that it was a good movie or a bad movie, I just didn't care for it.