PDA

View Full Version : vote and/or meeting

Bridget BeadWeaver
05-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Ok...Im in a terrible mood, and thusly should NOT be on the board...but I got a snark alert and had to log in...so here I am.

and yes...If I come across bitchy - its because I am NOT sleeping again, and I'm in an extremely awful mood. (*bean - sorry I missed your call - I "tried" to take a nap...hahaha that's funny*)

so anyway - the porpoise for this post is to ask if the wenches in Local 9 3/4 are interested in voting for offices. A comment was made that bean would have a hard time leaving a position she was never elected to....and since it was said, I figured I'd ask again just to be sure everyone's satisfied with the options they've been given. I dont want anyone to be unhappy....and since we all know how much I suck at organizing things.....well yeah...so...do ya wanna have a vote or what?

also I would like to find a time to have a wench meeting soon!
Like real soon - in the next month.
so....whats the call wenchies?

Bean
05-15-2006, 07:57 PM
If you schedule it for a Sunday I'll have an easier time making it up for the day............... That is if Hotel Yanyo will have me back for a night?

Bridget BeadWeaver
05-15-2006, 08:14 PM
bean - hotel yanyo is ALWAYS open for you....you never have to call ahead!
we leave the light on in the HOPES you might come to town!

all the wenches are welcome to stay at the ranch as well....the offer is always open!

though - I am thinking of renaming the yanyo ranch to Kiamo-Ko!
heh

Ciani
05-15-2006, 08:47 PM
My summer has somehow gotten filled with familial obligations and too much work, so I can't give any good dates. I just hope I'll be available on whatever works for everyone else. :)

Grania Greenleaf
05-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Okay, I was originally going to dance around a few topics, but I'm just going to get it right out there and say what's on my mind. I don't intend this to come off as being a bitch, but I'm fed up with the snarking and infighting and backstabbing and with some other issues that I've noticed.

1. I agree, we absolutely need to have a meeting soon. As long as it's not during the day on a weekday, I will most likely be able and happy to attend. May I suggest sometime on Memorial Day weekend, or does everyone have too much going on?

2. I for one am happy with Hez as our Madame and as long as Bean is around enough to be a presence in our Local, am happy with her as our Vice-Madame.

3. This has been said before by others, but I'm saying it again...if anyone has a problem with anything in our local, be it who is holding an office, or how often or where we have our meetings or anything else, then you need to open your mouth and speak up. Maybe some people are intimidated by other members or are hesitant to speak up because it doesn't agree with what others are saying. Our meetings are not about everyone automatically agreeing with what's being said...it is not a popularity contest.

4. For as many "official" members as we supposedly have, attendance at meetings is sketchy, and as for the number of people who show up at events and volunteer for things...well, I'm sorry but it is just piss-poor. We had a total of 3 people at the last meeting. I'd like to think most of us are in the Guild for more reasons than the discount and to have ready-made friends. Sorry for the mini-rant, but I'd like to see more people participating in stuff.

5. This is touchy, but I think a lot of us are aware that there has been some infighting among some of us about matters not Guild-related. Given that, and given the possibility that some members may or may not want to affiliate with Local 9 3/4 anymore and with people moving away, and just everything going on...we just need to get together and see where everyone stands. I think we need to reorganize and get stuff out in the open.

That's all I have to say right now. If I've offended anyone, please believe that was not my intention.

AllieSutherland
05-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Coming here from another thread, hoping to offer some advice... :)

Our local (Local 77) has a similar history to yours in that we were formed a few years ago, and only one person was interested in filling each office of Madame and Vice Madame at the time. Lars said that was fine, but that there still needed to be an "official show of hands" vote (with votes sent to him via e-mail for tally). It's more a process to keep things "official" than anything else. Even if no one else is interested in running for office at that time, we'll repeat this process in about a year when our two-year terms are up.

The overall guild election process has had a number of questions and unique situations that have presented themselves over the years, as I know you're well aware. Wenches (who are elected officials) who have moved to other states than their local area have had to resign their duties due to lack of proximity. Perhaps this is an issue best taken up with Lars, because I know that there have been questions about the electoral process.

Again, not to butt in, but I hope that perhaps this helps. :)

Bridget BeadWeaver
05-15-2006, 10:07 PM
I believe, and I could be wrong, that when I asked lars, I was told - whatever we wanted to do was fine.
bean may not live here, but she's more involved than alot of other guild wenches that DO live here.

if it's in dispute, I'll happily contact lars to confirm that what we're doing is legit.
:)

Bean
05-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Hez, I remember you asking Lars about not having an official election because that was the opinion of the masses when we formed the Local. We spoke about the election process with all the members and it was stated that nobody was interested in running, and that since Heather and I had taken it upon ourselves to form the localn (ie.. research, paperwork, etc.) we could hold offices.

Heather and I had a private discussion regarding Madame and Vice offices. I told her (and I still feel this way) that I didn't want to be Madame, I didn't have enough experience or connections on the ren circuit to even be considered as Madame. We talked about writing our Statement of Purpose for elections. The group concensus was that since nobody else wanted office, why did we have to go through the "formality" of election.

Well, I think it's time we did. I have no problem if someone else wants to run for Madame of Vice. If you still want me in the job, you all can just nominate and re-elect me. If you don't, no hard feelings............

Ciani
05-16-2006, 06:59 AM
First of all, I only vaguely know that there's something going on between a bunch of you. I think it's a disagreement between friends, and I think it should stay that way. Maybe it's larger than I think, dunno.

I am quite happy with our current officers. If it comes to a vote I'm not sure if I should be voting because my amount of involvement was rather slight last year, and it looks like it may be even less so this year. Someone let me know.

I have a lot going on with work and family, not to mention I'm working with my doctor on some health issues which takes a decent amount of money. That stuff is taking up a lot of my time. I originally thought I was going to be able to go to Fling and at least a few faires, but I don't know that I can at this point both due to money and sheer lack of available time.

As for meetings, the thing that kills me about them is I could probably make some of them if they were closer, but that's not even remotely feasible. Right now I'm about two hours from the Erie area and two and a half from the Pittsburgh area. It doesn't help that gas is sickenly expensive.

So anyway.. I think it would be best if people would expect me to be largely inactive for right now. If I can come to the meeting I certainly will, but I wanted to let everyone know where I am now rather than later.

I like all of you whom I have met. I hope whatever is going on will straighten itself out somehow. And I hope you're not all breathing a collective sigh of relief that I won't be around much, if at all. ;)

C

ZoeMcSheen
05-16-2006, 08:53 AM
I agree very much with Shelly about a lot of what has been said. Especially about airing things out and getting everything on the table.

As for the officers, I am currently happy with the officers that we have. I love having Hez as our Madame and I honestly don't know too much about what the Vice does, so as to that I'm happy with Bean as the Vice. Other than that I don't have too much to say.

I am pretty open to meetings whenever, weekends are better though. I still can't drive yet, so it would be dependent on if John could drive me. Hopefully I will be able to drive within the next month or 2.

Just let me know what's decided

Grania Greenleaf
05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
I am pretty open to meetings whenever, weekends are better though. I still can't drive yet, so it would be dependent on if John could drive me. Hopefully I will be able to drive within the next month or 2.

If you need me to, I'll come get you again for a meeting. That's not a problem at all.

ZoeMcSheen
05-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks Shel. Much appreciated!