PDA

View Full Version : Phantom of the Opera

Lis Elfwench
05-20-2006, 11:10 PM
The Broadway play is coming to my area, and I am seriously considering buying tickets. I know that the seats underneath where the chandelier 'falls' is the best place to sit, but which seats are those? I assume it's the center mezzanine area, but thought I'd ask! :lol: The theater is the Queen Elizabeth, in Vancouver, BC. Thanks!

Aryiana
05-21-2006, 01:02 AM
The Broadway play is coming to my area, and I am seriously considering buying tickets. I know that the seats underneath where the chandelier 'falls' is the best place to sit, but which seats are those? I assume it's the center mezzanine area, but thought I'd ask! :lol: The theater is the Queen Elizabeth, in Vancouver, BC. Thanks!

I'm not sure about your theater specifically, however, I have seen Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theater in NYC about 4 times and the best place to see it there is the first Mezzanine. If you are in the orchestra section (under where the chandelier falls), there is a good chance you will miss the Phantom up in the catwalks.... There is alot that goes on up there, as well as in box 5.

Hope you do go and enjoy it!!

Aryiana

JaqulineSavvy
05-21-2006, 04:16 AM
Ooh, thats really good to know Aryiana. I was planning on getting tickets soon for the NYC theater, and I was planning on orchestra seats. I think I'll change that idea now. :)

Margaret
05-21-2006, 09:21 AM
The first time I saw it at the Masonic Theater in Detroit, I sat about 10 rows back on the main floor. It was amazing being that close to the stage, but you can't take it in all at once.

Next time I saw it was in Toranto and we sat in the first mez, a bit left of center. Wow. I was able to see the entire stage at once and the drama of the chandelier is better when you can see it happening, rather than craining your neck up to follow it.

If this is the first time you have seen it live - you are in for a treat! Enjoy yourself. Heck - if it's the 16th time you have seen it live, it's still a treat! Enjoy yourself (again):-D

Ysobelle
05-21-2006, 11:25 AM
I saw it in '89 and '90 in Her Majesty's Theatre, in London, where it opened. I sat under the chandelier both times, and it was freakin' amazing.

Unless it's a huuuge theatre, you'll have fun no matter where you are. It's a very well-staged show. My one bit of advice for any show is that most stage shows are directed from the stalls-- orchestra, floor, whatever you want to call it-- center, about six to eight rows back. That's where the directing/creative team usually sits during the rehearsal process. The closer you can get to that area-- or at least that line of sight-- the closer you'll be to their vision.

Pansy Faye
05-21-2006, 02:00 PM
The Phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanthom of the Opera is here...........inside your mind:hearts: :love:

Phanthom is the best musical ever!!!! I've seen it 6 times, living in Southern CT and so close to Broadway makes it easy. You will so enjoy it. Have fun and watch out for the chandelier!!

Lis Elfwench
05-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Awesome! Thanks for all the advice - I'm really excited. In three days, I'm going to see Les Miserables, and then Phantom in August! It's shaping up to be a good year! :lol:

Dedeley
05-22-2006, 08:09 PM
The Dress Circle - front mezz, is great for Phantom. I've seen it in the Orchestra, the front mezz, and nosebleeds. The front mezz is the best!

But be careful, you'll be hoooookkkkeeedd!