PDA

View Full Version : Fur baby sick...

'Nise
05-23-2006, 07:43 AM
My cat Blair has been stressing out and gotten himself sick over my impending move. It's effected his bladder and he's already seen a vet and on three different types of meds right now. But he's not acting better today and it's worrying me. If you could heep him in thoughts brayer what ever you milage I would appreciate it.

Love
'Nise

willow of the wooded fortress
05-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Hugs and prayers on the way! I went through the same situation after my son was born. My cat Uther had unrinary tract infections over and over during the 1st year. He eventually got better, but I know it's hard at the time.::bighug::

Lady Anisette
05-23-2006, 10:25 AM
::bighug:: Good vibes going your way...

It is hard when a fur baby is sick, I know. For the stress you could try Dr. Bach's Rescue Remedy. It is flower essences for stress and anxiety and is safe for cats, dogs and people. It works very well. I have used it on feral cats with success. As for the bladder infection.... my vet suggested that I put my Daffy on Glucosamine Chondroitin Sulfate. It helps reduce the swelling in the bladder lining of cats apparently. It worked because she hasn't had an infection since. Try it, it might work for you.

All the best.....

WenchLadyKate
05-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Ding man and I send our best!

It's so stressful for a cat to move, plus, they can feel just about everything that we feel. So if they're stressed, and we're stressed, it stresses them out even more. And they can't have a spa day to relax..

And yea, what Lady Anisette said. The Rescue Remedy is great. Mine has some of that good stuff with a tranq before the vet will see him.

Mistress Morigianna
05-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Ding man and I send our best!

It's so stressful for a cat to move, plus, they can feel just about everything that we feel. So if they're stressed, and we're stressed, it stresses them out even more. And they can't have a spa day to relax..

And yea, what Lady Anisette said. The Rescue Remedy is great. Mine has some of that good stuff with a tranq before the vet will see him.for you

'Nise
05-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Well it got worse and better. Blair blocked this afternoon. We got him to the vet and he looks like he is going to be ok right now. They have him unblocked and are keeping him under observation right now. The vet said we got to him very quickly and there wasn't blood in the urine so he is very hopeful about not having kidney problems later. Now we just have to watch him and make sure he doesn't get blocked again. Thank you all for your good thoughts! He's a very loved and loving kitty and we miss him here already...

Love
'Nise

WenchLadyKate
05-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Ding man says "mmmmow"

Loosly translates to, "glad he's feeling better!"

Branwen
05-24-2006, 03:05 AM
Well it got worse and better. Blair blocked this afternoon. We got him to the vet and he looks like he is going to be ok right now. They have him unblocked and are keeping him under observation right now. The vet said we got to him very quickly and there wasn't blood in the urine so he is very hopeful about not having kidney problems later. Now we just have to watch him and make sure he doesn't get blocked again. Thank you all for your good thoughts! He's a very loved and loving kitty and we miss him here already...

Love
'Nise

Oh 'Nise, my thoughts & prayers go out to you and your Fur Baby. Thank the Gods that the blockage was caught early. I wasn't aware of what was happening to my Ash Cat last year and I ended up losing him on September 11th. Siren & I send out all healing and purring vibes to help Blair get better soon.

Lady Litania
05-30-2006, 01:36 PM
I know it is a little late, but my feline trio & I send healing purrs & vibes to you both.:meow: :meow: :meow: :grouphug:

WenchLadyKate
05-30-2006, 03:54 PM
How's he doing?

Winifred Baskerville
05-31-2006, 10:11 AM
It is hard when a fur baby is sick, I know. For the stress you could try Dr. Bach's Rescue Remedy. It is flower essences for stress and anxiety and is safe for cats, dogs and people.

Where can you get this stuff? I'd like to try it...

Lady Anisette
05-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Where can you get this stuff? I'd like to try it...

Most health food stores or vitamin shops carrying it. Even shaw's grocery store carries it in the health food section. You can find it online too.

'Nise
05-31-2006, 06:55 PM
I am moving this weekend so I didn't get a chance to see this earlier. Blair came home Friday ornerary as ever. His kiddneys were not effected. Right now aside from the precription food (which he does not like as much as his old food) and the antibiotics he is back to his troublesome self. I'm watching him closely to make sure nothing reblocks but so far so good.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. I couldn't imagine losing him right now... he wakes me up most mornings by purring and sleeps with me every night. Very much my baby. Thank you all.

Love
'Nise

Lawencha
05-31-2006, 10:18 PM
Where can you get this stuff? I'd like to try it...This stuff is a bloody miracle! I bought this for my Cavalier, Piper and it was heavensent! She is a puppymill rescue and it's anyone's guess what happened to her - she's terrified of people's feet - but grooming her is a nightmare - it takes two people and a muzzle to get her nails clipped. Rescue Remedy changed all of that in just a few drops and ten minutes! I purchased it via an internet website - I think it was www.allergicpet.com.