PDA

View Full Version : LOST was......

Tink
05-25-2006, 10:37 AM
FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!

I am so pleased with how much info they revealed in this episode. It didn't drag like last year's season finale with hardly anything happening. I guess the writers and producers listened when fans spoke.

It set-up quite a cliff-hanger.

Now I just have to manage to not go crazy waiting for the next season to start!!

Perin
05-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Kind of shocking to see what happened when the buttons weren't pushed. And to see where the tubes went....

They're changing how they are showing it next season. They're doing away with the 1 new show and then 2 repeats format. There will be something like 7 new shows in the fall, and then nothing new until February when they will have 16 new episodes in a row.

Tink
05-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Kind of shocking to see what happened when the buttons weren't pushed. And to see where the tubes went....

They're changing how they are showing it next season. They're doing away with the 1 new show and then 2 repeats format. There will be something like 7 new shows in the fall, and then nothing new until February when they will have 16 new episodes in a row.

Yeah that rocks. Again they listened to their fans!!

Yeah seeing where that tube goes was, a wow moment.

I kind of knew what not pushing the buttons was going to do.

However, I didn't think about the impact it would have on the creature comforts they were all enjoying. Watching what happened, I suddenly realized that the group would be like "Gee thanks a lot Locke...back to beating my shirts on a rock to clean them." lol

OT...cool stuff.....someone at work mentioned yesterday that the painting in the hatch was in at least 3 flashback scenes OFF the island.
Also, in the episode where the cop cars surround the bank Kate is in during the robbery....the numbers on the tops of the cars are the numbers for the code.

It is so cool how they plant so many little details and how some people notice them and how people like me, don't. lol
I have to start looking for them I guess. Perhaps I'll rent the first 2 seasons over the summer to see what I pick up on the second time around to help give me my fix until Fall.

SilverMirth
05-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Perhaps I'll rent the first 2 seasons over the summer to see what I pick up on the second time around to help give me my fix until Fall.

well if you do...pay special attention to the baby in the forst 5 or 6 episodes of season 2. He was the only reason I watched the show. BTW his real name is Joshua.::whistle::

arianne
05-25-2006, 09:31 PM
This was the first finale of the season that I was completely and utterly delighted with! Alias was good and tied up loose ends, but since there's no next season, it obviously didn't have the same feeling. Lost left me craving the next season and that's what a good finale should do! I was SO glad to see Desmond again and loved the way they were able to work in the history of the hatch through him. I can't wait for the fall. We missed basically all of the first season though so we'll probably rent/buy it and spend the summer watching that!

Gabrielle.Riley
05-26-2006, 11:19 PM
it made my head hurt...

and what is up with those guys at the end?? pleeeease tell me they're not doing "bad twin" stuff! it's reminiscent of the failure that was the cloning idea on Alias.

I heard that season 2 DVDs weren't coming out until October...

arianne
05-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Which guys at the end? We're trying to figure out where there might have been "bad twin" vibes but (as Alias fans too) we didn't get any sense of possible cloning. Did I miss something?

Gabrielle.Riley
05-28-2006, 02:02 PM
the guys who were sitting around in the tundra who saw the alert from the hatch being blown up. the one who picked up the phone and called Penny Widmore looked exactly like Jack. both characters are billed with names that are not Matthew Fox though...

arianne
05-28-2006, 02:06 PM
OH those guys! I didn't notice a resemblance at all, so we were just left going, "....what?"

Tink
05-30-2006, 01:18 PM
the guys who were sitting around in the tundra who saw the alert from the hatch being blown up. the one who picked up the phone and called Penny Widmore looked exactly like Jack. both characters are billed with names that are not Matthew Fox though...

I still have it TiVo'd so I will look at it more closely.

Tink
05-30-2006, 01:19 PM
well if you do...pay special attention to the baby in the forst 5 or 6 episodes of season 2. He was the only reason I watched the show. BTW his real name is Joshua.::whistle::

I take it he is related to you? You do live in Hawaii where it is filmed......

Gabrielle.Riley
05-30-2006, 07:03 PM
OH those guys! I didn't notice a resemblance at all, so we were just left going, "....what?"

haha same here until I saw a topic about it on the myspace group for Lost which had screencaps.

Lawencha
05-30-2006, 07:45 PM
... Perhaps I'll rent the first 2 seasons over the summer to see what I pick up on the second time around to help give me my fix until Fall. I think I'll be doing the same thing - don't want muh LOST muscles to become flaccid (okay, I just wanted an excuse to say 'flaccid' ::lolsign:).

Tink, I like your location - but, imho it should say in Hudson Valley Land of Scenic Liam Neeson. :yum:

L

Bean
05-30-2006, 10:35 PM
I got so fed up with starting to watch and then it was a repeat that I didn't watch the season ender. I don't know if I'll go back to it or not; they did the same thing to me with Invasion...........

Tink
05-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Tink, I like your location - but, imho it should say in Hudson Valley Land of Scenic Liam Neeson. :yum:

L

LOL.....true enough!

If I ever come across him, as my boyfriend has....I will, unlike my boyfriend...have to stop him for a chat. We have someone in common....my State Trooper cousin.....he's been pulled over by him twice! The second time, Liam tried the Jedi mind trick on him. lol
Hot AND a sense of humor...what a combo!

Tink
05-31-2006, 10:36 AM
I got so fed up with starting to watch and then it was a repeat that I didn't watch the season ender. I don't know if I'll go back to it or not; they did the same thing to me with Invasion...........

It is worth hanging in for! Watch the season ender and then you'll be able to enjoy the new season when they run 7 new episodes in a row in fall and then 16 new ones in a row in the spring (after the holidays die down). ::yay::

Thanks to Perin for posting that info earlier.