PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin

Shasta
05-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Hey all!

Heard this morning there is actually going to be a ren faire in my neck of the woods this year, Chippewa Falls, WI. Anyone else planning on going? I do believe it is new. It will be my first one and I am looking forward to it. Otherwise the closest to me is Minnesota and I have never been due to never getting enough people for a bus to go.

Shasta

Lawencha
05-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey all!

Heard this morning there is actually going to be a ren faire in my neck of the woods this year, Chippewa Falls, WI. Anyone else planning on going? I do believe it is new. It will be my first one and I am looking forward to it. Otherwise the closest to me is Minnesota and I have never been due to never getting enough people for a bus to go.

ShastaHi Shasta - Yes, I plan to attend the new faire. The president of the endeavor is an acquaintance from the SCA - our shire (Shattered Oak) right here in Chip'wa/Yewkler.

Leyla
05-28-2006, 02:31 PM
I'll be going! ::yay::
Probably one of the July weekends because I already turned in my June availability to work (and i usually offer to work all weekends :P )
It's a 2 hour drive or I'd try to get out there more.

wendyzski
05-30-2006, 01:37 PM
I will be performing the last two weekends as 1/3 of Minstrosity
www.minstrosity,com

Bean
05-30-2006, 09:32 PM
The midwest is on a roll lately! New members, new faire, what next?

Lawencha
05-30-2006, 11:20 PM
The midwest is on a roll lately! New members, new faire, what next?We're all just feelin' the looooooooove...:hearts: ::bighug::

Shasta
05-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Awesome! I don't know of anything going on around this neck of the woods and Chippewa is a good hour drive for me but out here that is next door.

Scattered Oaks, is there information online?

Shasta

Shasta
05-31-2006, 07:53 AM
Forget it, I found it. Holy cow, this is why a faire here in the valley is a good thing.

How do you gals decide your time period and the such? I would be interested in something from my real ancestral history which includes Scotland, Sweden and Czechoslovakia. Where does one start?

Lawencha
05-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Forget it, I found it. Holy cow, this is why a faire here in the valley is a good thing.

How do you gals decide your time period and the such? I would be interested in something from my real ancestral history which includes Scotland, Sweden and Czechoslovakia. Where does one start?LOL! It's actually Shattered Oak - but I've got to admit it - since I turned 40 Scattered Oaks is far more appropos!:stunned:

I am still messing around with personae. Started out Scottish, drifted into Anglo-Norman, but am flirting with Netherlandic because my art historical specialty is Netherlandic - I can do research in Middle Dutch.

Shasta
05-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Ooops, Shattered, scattered...:shhh: .

This all just seems like so much fun. I wish I had known about the Augusta doings last Saturday. Sure would have been a lot more fun than roasting to death here. Shoot.

My 15 yr. old son and I are looking forward to the faire. What can one expect? Are there vendors and the such? Does anyone do anything with art (painting/drawing?). I'm interested in equestrian stuff too. Is there anything referring to unicorns?

Lawencha
05-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Ooops, Shattered, scattered...:shhh: .

This all just seems like so much fun. I wish I had known about the Augusta doings last Saturday. Sure would have been a lot more fun than roasting to death here. Shoot.

My 15 yr. old son and I are looking forward to the faire. What can one expect? Are there vendors and the such? Does anyone do anything with art (painting/drawing?). I'm interested in equestrian stuff too. Is there anything referring to unicorns?OOooooh, the day in Augusta was f-u-n FUN! I was the feastocrat for the event - had a great time researching medieval feast recipes, getting a proper non-royal feast served up and bringing it in under budget (married to a Scotsman - he's so proud that I came in under budget!!!*rotfl* ). I was also able to take two classes (was in the kitchen the rest of the time) - mead making (yum, baby!) and making a custom pattern for a ten-gore dress. Soooooo cool.

As far as the Chippewa RenFest is concerned you might try their website:

www.wirenfaire.com/

I am not involve with it this year (although I had hoped to be). I know I'll be going more than once, though. ::ponyrid:

Don't know how I should dress - I've got one bodice/chemise/split skirt/belt outfit. It bores me. The rest of my garb is medieval *sigh* So much fun, so little time - pass the beernuts. ::gimmebe:

Shasta
06-01-2006, 12:06 PM
I have no garb although it would be fun to dress up for it. But I need to learn more first and get first hand experience. I have been looking on ebay and online seeing what "trips my trigger". Research baby!

Lawencha
06-01-2006, 11:38 PM
I have no garb although it would be fun to dress up for it. But I need to learn more first and get first hand experience. I have been looking on ebay and online seeing what "trips my trigger". Research baby!Awwwww, Yeeeeaaauuuuh! Now you're talking my language, Baby!::yay::