PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Pirate Pig Feast and Silent Auction

Mayven
06-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Dear Wenches and Rogues,

I am pleased to announce the 3rd Annual Pirate Pig Pick for Local #96 Wenches, Rogues and friends will be August 26th at the home of our lovely Kaeleigh!

Last year was a tremendous success! There was good food, great friends and a lot of fun! We had some phenomenal items donated to the silent auction whose proceeds along with the money left over from ticket sales, raised over $600 for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF) and the RESCU Foundations. I have provided the links for these two charities below and have found that both sites are extremely informative. The following information is quoted on their websites:

http://www.ocrf.org/
OCRF is a not-for-profit organization devoted to the formulation of early diagnostic treatment programs and research towards the ultimate conquest of ovarian cancer.

www.rescufoundation.com
The RESCU Foundation is a non-profit organization established to promote financial relief and comfort to renaissance festival participants and their families who have experienced medical disruptions and subsequent extreme difficulties.

The Silent Auction! Last years items were phenomenal! The bidding war was by far an event to see! There were garb pieces and accessories, jewelry, artwork, feast gear, paintings, homemade skin care products and much more! Those of you who donated last year, I thank you and hope that you donate again for us this year.

I know we have a lot of creative women in our local. I also know we have a lot of creative rogues as well. We are looking for items to be donated to the auction. We love things that our members craft. Please no alcohol! If you would like to donate any items to the Silent Auction, please contact me via private messege with the item you wish to donate. If you would to donate items but are unable to attend, please contact me via private messege with the item you wish to donate.

We have entertainment this year! There will be singing and belly dancing. Some of our local members will be performing for us.

Ticket Information: Tickets are $17/per person. I will accept cash, checks and money orders. If you wish to use Pay Pal, the ticket cost is $20 due to Pay Pal charges. The latest you can order your tickets is Monday July 31, 2005. All money is due at that time. If you wish to write a check, please make it out to Sharon Walker. You can send your payment to 509 Burton Street. Raleigh, NC 27608. The Pay Pal address is [email protected]

This year’s menu will be catered by The Q-Shack and Saladalia. This event is BYOB. We ask that you drink responsibly and have a designated driver.

209 Bowling Farm Court
Raleigh, NC 27603

Directions from the South…Charlotte Area:
Merge onto I-85 N via EXIT 13A toward GREENSBORO. Take I-40 E toward RALIEGH. Merge onto US-401 S via EXIT 298A toward FAYETTEVILLE. Turn LEFT onto OLD STAGE RD. Turn LEFT onto TEN-TEN RD. Turn RIGHT onto JOE LEACH RD. Turn RIGHT onto BOWLING FARM CT. End at 209 Bowling Farm Ct
Raleigh, NC 27603.

Directions from I-95:
Merge onto US-64 W via EXIT 138 toward RALEIGH / NASHVILLE. Merge onto I-440 S / US-64 W via the exit on the LEFT toward I-40 / DURHAM / BENSON. Merge onto I-40 E via EXIT 16 toward WILMINGTON / BENSON. Merge onto US-70 W via EXIT 306 toward GARNER. Turn LEFT onto NEW RAND RD. Turn LEFT onto NC-50 / BENSON RD / BENSON HWY. Turn RIGHT onto TEN-TEN RD / TEN-TEN RD. Turn LEFT onto JOE LEACH RD. Turn LEFT to stay on JOE LEACH RD. Turn RIGHT onto BOWLING FARM CT. End at 209 Bowling Farm Ct Raleigh, NC 27603

Hotel Information:
There are various Hotels located Near Kaeleigh’s home. Here is a listing of a few.
Quality Inn & Suites
126 Cleveland Crossing Drive
Garner, NC
Phone: 919-773-1110
Prices: $52.95 - $147.95
Swimming Pool, Wheelchair Accessible, Broadband Access

Hampton Inn
100 Hampton Road
Garner, NC
Phone: 919-773-1977
Prices: $63-$80
Swimming Pool, Wheelchair Accessible