PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to see Spamalot tomorrow

I'Cin
06-09-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry but I want to rant and then, not brag exactly, but close.

Okay, I LOVE Monty Python; my boyfriend less so (and you can read that whichever way you wish -- Does he not love MP as much as I do? Do I not love him as much as I love MP?). Several months ago when it was announced that Spamalot would be playing in DC my insignificant other brought it up, talked about taking me, HAD ME ONLINE LOOKING AT TICKETS, then started making backing out noises (well, lets wait a bit, blah blah blah). A couple of weeks ago we saw a commercial or something and he said something like "oh, I talked about taking you to that didn't I." (Insert noise of teeth grinding here.)

Well, today I bought myself a ticket for tomorrow's matinee -- and it looks like it might be a good seat (it better be for that price). I can't really justify the expense, but I want to go. So I am. However, I also just received about half the ticket price from an unexpected source so I'm pretty thrilled with myself.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled mayhem. Thank you.

WenchLadyKate
06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Girl, you're gonna love it!

I was lucky enough to see it on broadway and would love to see it again to see the things I missed because I was laughing so hard!

Have a great time and let us know how you like it when you get back!

Peaches O Malley
06-09-2006, 04:31 PM
I love MP!! Enjoy, I am GREEN with envy! :wink:

willow of the wooded fortress
06-11-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm sorry but I want to rant and then, not brag exactly, but close.

Okay, I LOVE Monty Python; my boyfriend less so (and you can read that whichever way you wish -- Does he not love MP as much as I do? Do I not love him as much as I love MP?). Several months ago when it was announced that Spamalot would be playing in DC my insignificant other brought it up, talked about taking me, HAD ME ONLINE LOOKING AT TICKETS, then started making backing out noises (well, lets wait a bit, blah blah blah). A couple of weeks ago we saw a commercial or something and he said something like "oh, I talked about taking you to that didn't I." (Insert noise of teeth grinding here.)

Well, today I bought myself a ticket for tomorrow's matinee -- and it looks like it might be a good seat (it better be for that price). I can't really justify the expense, but I want to go. So I am. However, I also just received about half the ticket price from an unexpected source so I'm pretty thrilled with myself.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled mayhem. Thank you.

Good for you! That is one thing I finlly learned, if there is something you love to do, if you have to do it yourself go for! I love MP and so does my husband and son, I really have to get tickets for that. Have a blast!

Alianne
06-11-2006, 10:28 PM
The Demi-God *loved* it (I still owe him tickets, but he got invited to go last December with his best friend's family as part of his bud's 16th birthday present) --

But make sure you get a Killer Bunny hand puppet! They're the *best*!

I'Cin
06-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Okay, I'm ready to go see it again with anyone who wants to go! It was hilarious. I SO enjoyed it, and bought way too much stuff.

AND I called Lavender Dragon (my wench dau Heather) just before I went in and asked her if she wanted a souvenir. She called me mean for not taking her, but hey, she wants to live in NC. After the show I offered to buy her ticket if the show gets near her.