PDA

View Full Version : Please send Positive Energy....

Lady Anisette
06-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Ok. Tonight is the night that I am giving notice to my boss. I really have trouble doing this kind of thing, even when the situation is bad -- so I could use some positive vibes and gentle (mental) pushing in the right direction.

I have been accepted into more than one faire as a vendor and have several craft shows lined up. ::yay:: This is a big step for me because it is up to me and me alone to fail or succeed. At this point in my life (I am 40) I have to take this step.... Otherwise I will be miserable and always wondering *what if?*

My boss is not a likeable man but he did give me a job when no one else would, so this makes it hard for me. However, he is a shit and a user and after last night (trust me, it was bad) I decided enough was enough. I am tired of making someone else a success. I need to make myself a success. Plus..... I am wretchedly miserable.

So.... as I leave for work (I have a double shift today) please send anything positive my way to help me maintain my resolve and to help me focus on doing what I need to do to make ME a better person.

Thank you ladies (and men) so much! You are an awesome group of people!! :-D

I can do this...
I can do this...
I can do this...

AnnaFaerie
06-11-2006, 12:05 PM
As I sit here (all day...again) making faerie wings for my first time vending a Renaissance Festival (I've sold on-line for years) I will send you all the good thoughts and positive energy I can muster.

As I'm sure you know...having your own business means you work longer, harder, faster than you would working for anyone else. I'll send you some energy thoughts too. *laughing*

Let us know what's going on....okay?

willow of the wooded fortress
06-11-2006, 12:07 PM
loving and supportive energy on it's way! :grouphug: ::bighug:: :hearts:

Winifred Baskerville
06-11-2006, 03:58 PM
*hug* Good luck, dearie! You can do it!

WenchLadyKate
06-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Girl, you are a strong Wench! No worries! But good vibes are en route!

Lewen
06-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Sending energy your way.

Lilaney
06-11-2006, 10:01 PM
You CAN do this!
I am sending all sorts of good vibes your way!
::yay::

Bean
06-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Changing jobs can be very stressful, but just think how good you're going to feel when you are out from under the bad boss! Then you can concentrate all that stress from him into your own business! Post some photos or a web link to what you are making....... we wenches love to shop!

Rosina Cernak
06-12-2006, 12:04 PM
sorry I did not get to catch this yesterday but here's happy calming energy to help with the after affects.

Lady Anisette
06-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the vibes Ladies. It really did help me push forward -- I read them all during my break before I did the deed. :-D

I did give notice and it was tough but it was a very positive step for me because I have a bad history of staying in bad jobs (and relationships) out of fear of the unknown. This was a big leap.

Needless to say, he didn't take it very well. And the fact that he kept questioning my ability to actually make it as a jewelry maker and ren faire/craft show vendor only strengthened my resolve. I did agree to come in and help on busy nights when it would be convenient for me. You know, if I want the extra bucks. Poor man just can't seem to see how bad the place is. I am the 4th to leave in 2 months. How can he not see how unhappy everyone is?

Oh well. Now the crunch is on. I know that working for myself will be hard and the hours sometimes longer. But I will be working for myself not for some asshat so that he can get a $5000 mural handpainted in his bathroom. Yes, you read that right....

Thanks again Ladies!!! Boy, do I feel lighter....... ::yay::