PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!!

Isabelle Isley
08-21-2016, 12:16 AM
Hello there! Today was my first visit to the NYRF after many years of absence from the Shire. I'm back, and definitely back to stay! My children are adults now, doing their own thing and now it is time for mommy to do her own thing yes? I want to become active in the IWG and tried to order my pin and set from the website but for some reason I was directed to a different page when I tried to pay with paypal. Either way, I will try again and/or contact the owner to see what the issue is with the web-ordering.

My name is Marie and my persona is Isabelle Isley, healer extraordinaire. I have always had a hand for taking care of others and my touch has often been said to be quite healing. Things are still in development and I've a lot of catching up to do! :lol:

I am excited to be here and look forward to meeting many of my fellow sister wenches!

LissaRoisin
08-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Welcome! Hopefully you will be able to get you pin soon.

Isabelle Isley
08-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Hi! Thank you Lissa! I'm happy to be here. I'm going to try an put in the order again now. It's been a bit of a busy weekend. I plan on returning to the NYRF sometime in September and I can't wait.

Toua Taru
08-21-2016, 10:35 PM
Welcome. I joined quite awhile ago but I have yet to order my pin because well it seemed so dead around here :-( Glad to see some people are still lurking.

My name is Marie too! But my main persona is Toua Taru, crafter and tea connoisseur! I'm a Florida faire goer but I've recently seen some photos of NYRF and it just looks lovely. I'll have to add it to my faire bucket list.

Let me know if you have any updates on the pin. If you have any luck I'll get to putting in my order as well.

Isabelle Isley
08-23-2016, 08:56 PM
Welcome. I joined quite awhile ago but I have yet to order my pin because well it seemed so dead around here :-( Glad to see some people are still lurking.

My name is Marie too! But my main persona is Toua Taru, crafter and tea connoisseur! I'm a Florida faire goer but I've recently seen some photos of NYRF and it just looks lovely. I'll have to add it to my faire bucket list.

Let me know if you have any updates on the pin. If you have any luck I'll get to putting in my order as well.

Hello Toua!!! It's lovely to meet you. I've noticed that it does seem a bit quiet around here and I'm still unable to order the pin. I sent an email but have yet to get a reply. :( I've been to the NYRF and PRF as well as King Richard's Faire in MA so far. I'd love to come to FL for that faire someday.

Toua Taru
08-25-2016, 09:28 PM
Hello Toua!!! It's lovely to meet you. I've noticed that it does seem a bit quiet around here and I'm still unable to order the pin. I sent an email but have yet to get a reply. :( I've been to the NYRF and PRF as well as King Richard's Faire in MA so far. I'd love to come to FL for that faire someday.

Oh I would love to visit some of the faires to the great North :snicker: I recently just started following NYRF on Instagram.

Yes I think when first signed on most of the wenches had made the migration to Facebook, but since I'm not a paying member I can't yet join in on their page. In the meantime I also lurk over at http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php Those boards seem much more active and less spam.

Perhaps the two of us can revive the girls on this forum?! :cheer:

Isabelle Isley
09-02-2016, 12:48 AM
I was wondering what happened to the activity on the forum here. It is rather dead. I'll check out the link you posted and register there as well. :)

I've been in contact with the kind artist about the pin for the guild...and have tried more than several times to purchase the pin online. The option for a credit card simply does not work and the Paypal option redirects me to a page that states that there is a security issue with the site. It's very concerning. I tried this from two different browsers as well as my iphone, and to no avail. I'm going to see if I can get an address where I can send a check via snail mail to get myself registered and pinned. I'll keep you updated!

I'd love to try and revive this board but there is a facebook group you said? Perhaps that is why there is little activity here? We have to be a paid member in order to join the facebook group? Bummer...hard to do when I can't get the pin but Mr. Lunde and I are working on it!

Isabelle Isley
09-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Hello!!!! I returned to the Shire of Sterling this day, and was successful in attaining my status as Mistress of the Arts of Wenching! I received my pin with a wench ID of #4218!!! This is a happy day indeed!

Toua Taru
09-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Hello!!!! I returned to the Shire of Sterling this day, and was successful in attaining my status as Mistress of the Arts of Wenching! I received my pin with a wench ID of #4218!!! This is a happy day indeed!

::clappin: Congrats Congrats!! Too bad I'm no where near Sterling. I'll have to go ahead and try my luck with it online.

Lady Anne
09-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Greetings and Welcome! :hi: You are correct that the forums seem a bit "dead" lately. I occasionally come by, but usually hear naught but crickets, and therefore rarely comment. A number of Locals have pages on the Book of Faces and do a lot of their communicating there. I would love to see the forums become active again! It is such a wonderful bunch of women.

Again, welcome!8-)

KatherineSmith
10-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Hello Marie (Isabelle)!

I've recently gotten back into the world of RenFaire after a long hiatus. While researching plans for some new garb (more of it), I was reminded of the IWG. I always wanted to join when I was a teenager attending the Michigan Renaissance Festival. Just now I thought "I should finally join now that I'm 30-something!" But it doesn't look super active, as you've noted. Did you ever figure out how to get your pin? I would love to apply to the guild both for the fun of it and to see if there are any other members in my area (Seattle). And, you know, to get that darn pin that I've always wanted ;)