PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Needs Help

La Femme Meow
07-07-2006, 10:36 PM
A friend's daughter, Jessica, is starving herself to death. She is newly married and afraid of eating. She is scared that if she swallows anything she will choke to death.

The problem is not anorexia or bulemia but apparently related to panic disorder. It began shortly before the wedding, and has gotten worse. She is drinking Boost but eating nothing and is gaunt. Her Mom is frantic. We don't know if the husband is a help or a contributing factor.

Please, prayers, mojo, good vibes, positive thoughts, WENCH POWER, aimed at Jessica and her Mom, Laura, are greatly appreciated.

erinrai
07-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Prayers and good mojo being sent their way.

Buxom Wench
07-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Love :hearts: hugs :grouphug: prayers ::pray:: and blessings ::candle:: headed their way.

Vixynne Rose
07-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Sending love and prayers...I'll keep her in my thoughts!

:lovelett:

renren
07-08-2006, 12:12 AM
:hearts: ::bighug:: Sending love, hugs,prayers!! Try to encourage her to see a doctor, sounds like a very severe case of anxiety. There are meds available that could do her wonders, and I don't mean that in a snotty or smart alec way,but for serious.

La Femme Meow
07-08-2006, 10:08 AM
:hearts: ::bighug:: Sending love, hugs,prayers!! Try to encourage her to see a doctor, sounds like a very severe case of anxiety. There are meds available that could do her wonders, and I don't mean that in a snotty or smart alec way,but for serious.

Her Mom is trying very hard to convince her to get help, including in-patient care. Anxiety/panic disorders run in the family.

Leyla
07-08-2006, 10:11 AM
::pray:: Prayers being sent their way. She could be doing herself some serious damage by not getting proper nutrition. I really hope she gets to a doctor. If she still refuses to eat perhaps someone could talk to her about seeing a nutritionist. It's possible there may be a liquid diet out there that would allow her body to thrive better.

townspaniard
07-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Hugs and good mojo on its way.

renren
07-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Her Mom is trying very hard to convince her to get help, including in-patient care. Anxiety/panic disorders run in the family.

I hope it works,sending more blessings and prayers! Do you think you could get her to drink Ensure or milk with Instant Breakfast? I used to work as a nurse and those two were used a lot. :hearts: ::bighug::

LdyJhawk
07-08-2006, 06:46 PM
*hugs to her* I know how that feels..when my panic disorder hit its peak I was scared to eat because the panic was causing heart palpitations and I was sure the next thing I ate would cause a heart attack for some reason... My boyfriend got me to drink ensure and such..then got me slowly back to eating..

Innocence McKnott
07-13-2006, 11:04 PM
i hope she gets the help she needs soon. good luck to you all in helping her through this difficult time.

surlywench
07-14-2006, 09:21 PM
this may sound harsh, but: put her in the car and drive her to the e.r., they may be able to 'forcibly' admit her to the psych ward since the condition is psychological in nature. Since she is married, you may need her husband's approval, but there comes a point when you have to try. Severe weight loss will erode the potassium lining around the heart and lead to serious complications, not to mention all the other systemic damage that can be done.

I should know, as this is how I developed an irregular heart beat. I just stopped eating for about two weeks, drank juice and such, but couldn't swallow anything else. I lost about 20 lbs. in about 10 days. That was 5 years ago, and I'll have it for the rest of my life.

whatever happens with this, I'm praying for you all. It's a terrible thing for any parent to go thru the pain/sickness of a child. hugs and prayers, hon.