PDA

View Full Version : BEGGING MERCY! PLEASE HELP!!

jhorton751
07-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Most of you don't know me, but I really need help.

I moved to Charlotte in February hoping to built a better life, however, not being able to find employment in Charlotte before the money ran out I was forced to see if I could find it back in MD. Well I now have a job in MD starting on Wednesday, but I need to get my stuff packed and loaded and back to MD by the end of the month and with me working during the week up here in MD and noone else to help me, I'm really almost to tears with worry and frustration.

I need lots of help on the 26th to get my stuff packed & loaded (I think I have 1/2 of it packed already) onto the truck. I will have a truck and everything (and hopefully will have found someone to driev it to MD by then) and will have people in MD to help unload on that end, but I have noone to help me in Charlotte get it onto the truck.

I am begging, pleading, groveling. I really don't know what else to do, honestly, and this is so unlike me to be unable to accomplish something on my own, but as I have run out of time and money I am imploring you from my deepest despair for any assistance from the renny community in this matter.

Jeannie Horton
[email protected]

Ysobelle
07-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Oh, dear! Did you post in Local 42's area? Maybe they can help, too!

Good luck!

Ysobelle
07-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Oh, dear! Did you post in Local 42's area? Maybe they can help, too!

Good luck!

jhorton751
07-14-2003, 06:08 PM
I did not post in Local 42 because I'm pretty sure I will be able to rally troops in MD for the unloading.

My biggest tear-causer right now is getting everything packed and loaded in Charlotte to get it back to MD. In Charlotte, I know noone and I can't get anyone from MD down to Charlotte due to any number of reasons.

Mad Kestrel
07-14-2003, 08:01 PM
I am so sorry the employment situation didn't work out as well as you'd hoped in Charlotte. Alas, I'm out of town from the 24-27, or I'd volunteer to help. Let me put the word out in another local forum and see if anyone can throw in a hand.

In any event, much good luck with the move and the new job!

jhorton751
07-16-2003, 11:44 AM
Ok, I have devised a plan to hopefully NOT have to move back to the cestpool of misery (aka Maryland). I have this temp position and am staying with a friend, so I am going to work here and pay rent on the apt in NC and then hopefully the market will be better by the time the school year starts for my daughter and I can remain residing and employed ain Charlotte.

Jayden2298
07-17-2003, 09:16 AM
I am sorry I didn't see this sooner. I hope the job stuff works out, feel free to PM me your number if you would like to talk. Ask Kestral, I can talk one's ear off on the phone *laughs*

lauradake
07-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Ok, I have devised a plan to hopefully NOT have to move back to the cestpool of misery (aka Maryland). I have this temp position and am staying with a friend, so I am going to work here and pay rent on the apt in NC and then hopefully the market will be better by the time the school year starts for my daughter and I can remain residing and employed ain Charlotte.

*hugs* Hopefully things will work out and you can stay!!!

Will you be at the meeting on Saturday? :)

jhorton751
07-17-2003, 11:13 AM
I will be in Maryland through AUgust 16th. The school year starts on the 18th. I will be in Maryland working to save money through then and will return for my daughter to start school in Charlotte.

I am hoping that upon my return I will be able to find employment there as the market seemed to have nose-dived right after my relocation.

If anyone knows of anyone who is looking for an admin with a decade of experience and who is certified in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), my resume can be viewed & printed here:

http://resumes.yahoo.com/jhorton751/jmhorton .