PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center

Peaches O Malley
07-20-2006, 11:26 PM
After the controversy over "United 93" I was wondering if anyone was planning to see Oliver Stones new movie. "World Trade Center."

http://www.wtcmovie.com/

Drea Beth
07-21-2006, 12:59 AM
This one sounds interesting. And I like Oliver Stone's work. ::off to ponder::

christina
07-21-2006, 01:14 AM
sadly, i do want to see it only because i want to see if the got the details right. i've been in those towers many times. so i know what happened , i guess i just want to if its accurate. :hi:

Buxom Wench
07-21-2006, 08:10 AM
This sort of reminds me of the movie, "The Guys" with Sigourney Weaver and Anthony LaPaglia.

" 'The Guys' is a powerfully moving and unexpectedly humorous film about a NYC journalist (Sigourney Weaver) who is called upon to help a fire captain pay tribute to the men he lost at the World Trade Center. As the firemen begin to open up, the two form an unexpected bond and we rediscover the quiet heroism and humanity that affected all of our daily lives. "

I'm not sure if I'll see it or not. We knew people that died there that day and its still hard.

LadyLewis
07-21-2006, 08:46 AM
i won't see it. I would really like to know if the revenue or some of it is going to the familys.

Dmitri
07-21-2006, 09:03 AM
I won't see it probably... Lord knows Vel won't go with me if I do...

She lived thru it once... Watched the first tower come down from 10 blocks away... She doesn't need to go thru that again...

Buxom Wench
07-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I won't see it probably... Lord knows Vel won't go with me if I do...

She lived thru it once... Watched the first tower come down from 10 blocks away... She doesn't need to go thru that again...

Hey D... pass this on to Vel ::hug::

Perin
07-21-2006, 09:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone was planning to see Oliver Stones new movie.

No way.

Psyche
07-21-2006, 09:35 AM
No I won't. I still have enough nightmares to last a lifetime... I do not need to pay to relive them.

Dmitri
07-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Flight 93 I would see... just to because I feel in a weird way I owe to those brave souls... but again, I would be watching that alone...

Lady Sarah
07-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Not ready to see it. I saw the previews on TV the other day and broke out in full fledged tears.

I'm just not ready...

Pansy Faye
07-21-2006, 10:51 AM
nope - have no desire to see it, not if they paid me to see it would I go. Living through it once was enough.. My brother-in-Law was in building 7 and my best friend's husband was in one of the other WTC buildings. When the second plane hit the second tower hit, it flew so close to his office window he could see the people screaming inside. He saw the plane ram the second tower and just left his building, walked right out the door, spoke to no one, left his brief case, keys, cell phone - everything. He's living through survivor's grief now. He's in a hospital with mental problems.

Nope - don't want to see it. Leave for those in the future who will need to be reminded. Like Pearl Harbor and the Blitz and other WWll movies. This will be one of those.