PDA

View Full Version : Intro to Wenchdom ;)

tartantart
07-25-2006, 03:03 AM
How cool is this?! I never knew such a group existed!

Im in Tx, and a faire newbie. Scarby is my most local faire, and part of my heart stays there long after it closes for the year. I haven't been often, but I have a feeling that driving past the faire sight after season as I weep with my nose pressed against the car window means I'm hooked (?) ;)

Anyway, Ive been nosing around this site and while wenching is in my blood, I realize I know next to nothing about faire lingo, customs, and all the fun stuff yall talk about. I'll be joining IWG in a few weeks, and Im sure that will help but I want to know everything this very minute!
Help? Mentor? Therapy?

::yay::

Margaret
07-25-2006, 06:59 AM
First off, Hello and Welcome!

Second off, unfortunatly, there is no 12 step program for faire withdrawal - believe us, we've looked! :lol: Sorry hun, you're hooked.

However, the good news is that there are several Wenches from Texas who frequently post around here - I am sure more than a few will be popping in. They can give you the low down on where to meet up with them at faire.

If you have any questions or anything - just ask away!

Buxom Wench
07-25-2006, 08:01 AM
:hi: Hail and well met!

Enjoy all our mischief and mayhem!:toocool:

Lady Sarah
07-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Mags? You called? ::tinfoil: :lol:

Tart, let me be the first from Local 13 to welcome you the Boards!!

Feel free to ask any questions, any single one of us wenches can answer it for you. As Margaret said, there is no 12-step program, so give it up, you're hooked! *rotfl*

We're gearing up for TRF starting the first weekend of October. There'll be an invasion of DFW area wenches that weekend and most definitely closing weekend. However, the DFW area schedule of activities for the next few months is: August - there's a pool party to cap off the summer, another Stitch-n-Bitch; September we're having another Hafla (a number of us bellydance or are taking lessons) and the 30th of September is when a good part of us are making the trip down to Houston area for TRF opening.

If you're going to be able to make it to TRF at any time, just let any of us know and the Houston Wenches will be on the look out for you. The hostel is behind the Royal Readers and Rubbers, named The Bluebonnet Bower.

For Scarby info... our hostel is at The Horn Shoppe over next to the Maypole. There's always a contingent of us at the SeasonPass gate in the morning and in the parking lot as well before cannon. We're very friendly and we love new wenches!

Did that cover it... mm.. yeah, I think so. If not, one of the other wenches who try to keep me in line will probably chime in. :shhh: *rotfl*

Again, welcome to the boards and eventually to Wench-dom!

Buxom Wench
07-25-2006, 10:02 AM
.......We're very friendly and we love new wenches!

I'll vouch for that! They made me feel like part of the family before my plane even touched down at DFW airport. :-D

AnnaFaerie
07-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Welcome!

LadyLewis
07-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Welcome Welcome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Christidj22/smilies/danse2.gif

Toad
07-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Welcome from a non-wench... but I love them just the same.

BryanPopp
07-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Well met.
Head on down for TRF my Lady and Myself are out there every other weekend and then some.
More the merrier. Plus there are more to share the blame with.::whistle::

Peaches O Malley
07-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Welcome, welcome!!:hi:

Capt. Stamina
07-25-2006, 05:57 PM
::welcome:
Itís purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfectly wondrous to have a new wench (well almost) in the ranks. And since youíre in the Scarby local, it means you can attend all of the local functions as well as Faire.

sixpence
07-26-2006, 06:08 AM
hail and welcome to the madness:toocool:

willow of the wooded fortress
07-26-2006, 07:40 AM
:hi: Welcome!

Gellis Indigo
07-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Many happy returns of the day!

Leyla
07-26-2006, 12:55 PM
::welcome: Nice to meet you! :hi:

renren
07-26-2006, 01:43 PM
:hi:

Kae
07-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Sarah is correct - we love new people in the Locale.

Just pm me with any questions you might have.
The next SnB (Stytch and Bytch) will be in August - probably and afternoon evening affair.
I think it will be at my place because I want to use the new sewing room.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Kae

Flidais
07-27-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm new around here too. Everyone is so very friendly.
Welcome!!!!
:hi:

Piper
07-27-2006, 10:50 PM
How cool is this?! I never knew such a group existed!

Im in Tx, and a faire newbie. Scarby is my most local faire, and part of my heart stays there long after it closes for the year. I haven't been often, but I have a feeling that driving past the faire sight after season as I weep with my nose pressed against the car window means I'm hooked (?) ;)

Anyway, Ive been nosing around this site and while wenching is in my blood, I realize I know next to nothing about faire lingo, customs, and all the fun stuff yall talk about. I'll be joining IWG in a few weeks, and Im sure that will help but I want to know everything this very minute!
Help? Mentor? Therapy?

::yay::
Welcome sweets ...it does seem to be in the blood!
Piper

serena
07-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Welcome::welcome: