PDA

View Full Version : Help....my chemises are running!

Janelle of Warren
07-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Despite being washed twice, my teal and my burgundy chemise still run to the point that when they dumped water on me at PCRF, they stained my skin, bloomers and panties! :x

I've read some here about using vinergar and salt to help to keep the dye from running. Does anyone know how much vinegar / salt to how much water? Do you then wash them with soap after? Any other ideas for getting these things not to run? :workout:

Thanks bunches! :bananada:

Ysobelle
07-23-2003, 11:01 PM
GAH!

Go to www.dharmatrading.com and find yourself a decent fixative, if you want to be completely sure they won't run again.

Try washing it with salt and vinegar first, of course-- I think a cup of salt in the wash, but I can't remember, and I'm not sure about the vinegar, either-- but if all else fails, go with Dharma.

Phyllis Woode
07-24-2003, 09:20 AM
I agree with Ysobelle, Dharma Trading Company has excellent fixatives.

They have lots to choose from, and if you are not careful...you could get hooked on the rest of the stuff they sell. :twisted:

I am in Wisconsin, and I think the longest it has taken them to get supplies to me is 3 days.

Good luck with your chemises....

emalia
07-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Welll then you better hurry and catch up with them before someone else does.... :D

Ok.. I had to do it..
Sorry..

Donnaccia
07-24-2003, 11:43 AM
Welll then you better hurry and catch up with them before someone else does.... :D

Ok.. I had to do it..
Sorry..

You! Back to your corner!! :pokepoke: :blech:

:P

emalia
07-24-2003, 01:36 PM
Yes ma'am... Geeze.. Just tryin to have a little fun around here... grumblemuttergrumble :lol:

Janelle of Warren
07-24-2003, 01:56 PM

Ok.. I had to do it..
Sorry..

Nah, I've persuaded them to run around in circles so I can reach them easily when I go to fix them. :wink:

jmthane
07-25-2003, 01:37 PM

Ok.. I had to do it..
Sorry..

And if you hadn't done it, I would have... :bananada: :lumpy:

Janelle of Warren
08-05-2003, 11:07 PM
Need more help from those of you who dye fabric. :?

Okay, I did step 1 - buy Dharma Dye Fixative (improves colorfastness, wetfastnes and resistance to perspiration and seawater). :D But now, I'm confused and stuck again. :augh:

The directions say to add 1 oz. per pound of fabric to a final cool rinse. Also says for best results that the rinse should have a ph of 7. How much water is in that cool rinse? Is there supposed to be something other than the fixative in that cool rinse or is the ph of 7 have to do with the fixative and the water? What does a ph of 7 imply? :?

Also, lots of warnings about ventilation, wearing goggles a face shield, gloves, etc. Is this stuff really that caustic, or are they covering themselves in case of legal probs? :roll:

Thanks to everyone for suggestions and help. :-) Still trying to catch those running chemises. :workout:

Phyllis Woode
08-08-2003, 11:43 AM
The cool rinse should be enough water to have the fabric to be able to "swim" freely. For a full chemise, I would think something around a five gallon bucket size should be enough, or you could use the bathtub. I do, DH hates that.... The dye fixative actually seeks the fabric and bonds with it, so realistically you could probably do this in the washing machine on a small load setting.

The PH of our local city water is neutral, which is a PH of 7. I have fish, and yes, I have checked.

Dharma has crazy labels. They have to do the MSDS/OSHA stuff to cover their butts. I do not think you should have to wear a chem suit and a respirator to handle this stuff. It is pretty benign.

Hope some of this helps.

Ysobelle
08-09-2003, 01:27 AM
Also, I think you can call the Dharma folks. They're nifty-keen!

And did everyone get the new Dharma catalogue? Some nice stuff in there.

Janelle of Warren
08-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Woo-hoo! I followed Ysobelle's advice about getting the Dharma Dye Fixative and the advice that Phyllis gave as to how to use it.(thankyouthankyouthankyou! :bow: ) The result was that, while the burgundy chemise still bleeds in the wash (ie: will need to be washed seperately), neither chemise runs when it comes in contact with plain water! No more worries about my bloomers/panties getting stained pink or baby blue if it rains or if I get a bucket of water dumped on me! :bananada:

Thank you so much to everyone for advice as to procuring a dye fixative and using it properly! :love: