PDA

View Full Version : seeking some garb help!

Molly The Pirate
09-04-2006, 11:56 PM
hello hello... (especially the wonderful lucy and the other molly from ConGlom)

yeah, so im really short on money, and i really need some garb help. like the standard what to wear what not to wear type thing. colors, makes and models... lol... i might be able to possibly make something like the skirts or the shirts, but the bodice/corset thing will be more difficult. if anyone can give me some info on where to get cheap stuff on or off the internet, sell, borrow, give, i dont care. :) thanks in advance!

-molly the pirate-

Vixynne Rose
09-05-2006, 12:21 AM

yeah, so im really short on money, and i really need some garb help. like the standard what to wear what not to wear type thing. colors, makes and models... lol... i might be able to possibly make something like the skirts or the shirts, but the bodice/corset thing will be more difficult. if anyone can give me some info on where to get cheap stuff on or off the internet, sell, borrow, give, i dont care. :) thanks in advance!

-molly the pirate-

Hiya Molly!

What's your price range, if you don't mind me asking? ...and just a caution from a wench who's been through it...you often do get what you pay for, so be careful about extremely inexpensive garb. It might not be very well-made.
With that caveat aside, I can STRONGLY recommend Miss Devlyn at www.oddbodkin.com (http://www.oddbodkin.com) , she has very well made garb (especially her bodices) and you can get one without having to sell a major organ (or even a minor one). Check her eBay listings, there are often good deals there!
If you have an outside-the-boards email address, I can send you a photo of me in Devlyn's garb...for some reason, the board isn't letting me attach a thumbnail! :ow:

Eric McTavish
09-05-2006, 09:42 AM
but the bodice/corset thing will be more difficult. if anyone can give me some info on where to get cheap stuff on or off the internet, sell, borrow, give, i dont care. :) thanks in advance!

-molly the pirate-

Tinker and I do "Duct-Tape Bodices" a very easy way to create patterns for form fitting bodices... Lucy has see how we do them...

Hay how was Con-Glom this year Tink and I went to the Pennsic War so we didn't do our normat panels this year or you would have seen the class on the bodice making....

Buxom Wench
09-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Molly... I happen to have an OddBodkin for sale, that I bought recently from a fellow Wench. Its too big for me now (and I never even got to wear it!) What size might you be needing???

Gellis Indigo
09-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Hiya Molly!

What's your price range, if you don't mind me asking? ...and just a caution from a wench who's been through it...you often do get what you pay for, so be careful about extremely inexpensive garb. It might not be very well-made.
With that caveat aside, I can STRONGLY recommend Miss Devlyn at www.oddbodkin.com (http://www.oddbodkin.com) , she has very well made garb (especially her bodices) and you can get one without having to sell a major organ (or even a minor one). Check her eBay listings, there are often good deals there!
If you have an outside-the-boards email address, I can send you a photo of me in Devlyn's garb...for some reason, the board isn't letting me attach a thumbnail! :ow:

I'll second Vix's suggestion of Devlyn and OddBodkin. Her stuff is faboo!

MaidenFaeSnow
09-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Molly... I happen to have an OddBodkin for sale, that I bought recently from a fellow Wench. Its too big for me now (and I never even got to wear it!) What size might you be needing???

Bux, I got totally side tracked Saturday night when you showed that to me. If molly isn't interested in it, can you measure it armpit to armpit and let me know?

Buxom Wench
09-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Bux, I got totally side tracked Saturday night when you showed that to me. If molly isn't interested in it, can you measure it armpit to armpit and let me know?

Now..... why would any of us have gotten sidetracked? ::whistle::

From armpit to armpit (lace seam to lace seam) it measures 19".

Piper
09-11-2006, 12:46 PM

-molly the pirate-
Greetings!
I purchase my simple bodices from Jessica Cowan.
email: [email protected]
They are reversible and have steel boning. She does nice work and the bodice was $50.00 and that included shipping.
Piper

Emma
09-11-2006, 01:24 PM
I was at conglom too :)

I have an oddbodkin bodice as well but the one I was wearing at conglom and in my profile picture is a moresca (www.moresca.com).

It's good when you get your first bodice to have someone who knows something about lacing bodices to adjust everything for you; that's the added bonus of buying one in person as opposed to ordering one. Oddbodkin has a shop in ohio that isn't too far away where you can go and try one on.

~Emma

ZoeMcSheen
09-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Bux,
Sorry you never got to wear the bodice! I was hoping someone would be able to get some use out of it this season!!!

Buxom Wench
09-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Bux,
Sorry you never got to wear the bodice! I was hoping someone would be able to get some use out of it this season!!!

I wore it long enough to try on and then the next time.... it was already too big! (trust me, it was worth it!)

ZoeMcSheen
09-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Good!!! I'm glad!!!

Lucy
09-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Boy I was late for this party eh?? lol... actually, you will have to forgive me Molly dear, I blew up my laptop and have limited useage on my pocket-PC. Hopefully I will be up and running again soon!

Molly The Pirate
09-16-2006, 09:53 PM
wow, didnt think i'd get that many replies!! lol... i was able to find a simple skirt, kind of a redish color, not dark, not purple. but i was unsure of the color policies. and i may have found like an under shirt type thing. but yeah. anyway... im not sure what size i would need in bodices or the like. :roll: im only 5'2 and im not too chunky, but im usualy in a medium or large shirt size. i have seen the duck tape bodice thing at conglomeration and it was helpful, but im not very skilled in the art of sewing. lol... :) but i will definitely check out the sites recomended... i did find a pattern for one that i liked at walmart, now its just getting the materials and seeing if i can pay someone to make it... lol.. or get my grandma to do it... :) hahahaha.. :) but im still looking to find some other stuff or trinkets. so thanks for all the help!;-)

Piper
09-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Molly,
If your going to have a bodice made go to Baer Fabric in Louisville for STEEL boning!!! Plastic bends and doesn't give good support at all!
Lucy talked my thru replacing plastic boning and me freaking out over cutting the bodice...LOL. Thanks Lucy!!!:-D
Piper

Lucy
09-19-2006, 09:26 AM
hee! molly, if ye run into any issues or have any questions send me a private message or email and i'll give you my number to call. take care luv!