PDA

View Full Version : The Rogue Show

Rocket RN
07-30-2003, 05:36 PM
OK, ladies. This is our chance to have a little fun. The actors are looking for a couple of good wenches. There is a new show called the "Rogue Show" which is modeled after the "Man Show" so you can just imagine what's going on there....

They are looking for 2 wenches per day to act as "fluffers" like they have on the show. You will fan the guys, ect. At the end, you will also be jumping on trampoline. {yes, feel free to loosen the bodice laces a little so you get the bouncy action going on}. This show is put on at a back facing stage, and there are warnings about the adult content of the show.

The only thing is, the participants need to weigh 200lbs or less. Please don't get upset by this. The ONLY REASON for the weight restriction is because of the trampoline. They are the small exercise ones, and the weight restriction is actually included as a warning with the product. The actors are just trying to make sure nothing happens to anyone. I truely appologize if anyone is offended by this. It is not meant to be a slight against anyone.

For those who are interested, please let me know what days you are available. It does not have to be the same people every day. I am more than willing to make up a schedule so that we get as many people involved as possible. You can either post it here, or PM me, or e-mail me.

::bouncy:: ::bouncy:: ::bouncy:: ::bouncy:: ::bouncy::

~V~

Tink
07-30-2003, 05:48 PM
I told Chris DeTroy on Monday night that I am willing to do this. :bananada:

He was a scad drunk, so he probably has no recollection. :rotfl:

In any event, I am there. So count on me.

Donnaccia
07-30-2003, 05:55 PM
How FUN! :bananada:

Unfortunately, I had a bizarre trampoline accident at day camp as a kid, and never really felt too confident on them after that. No, I'm NOT kidding... :pfft:

How'sabout Non-Trampoline jumping gals? It's not the weight thats an issue...it's a PHOBIA, quite frankly... :shock:

Let me know if I can help at all...

Still Seeking Therapy,

Pico de Gallo
07-30-2003, 06:58 PM
I told Chris DeTroy on Monday night that I am willing to do this. :bananada:

He was a scad drunk, so he probably has no recollection. :rotfl:

In any event, I am there. So count on me.

yeah unless you were a hot gu he would prolly forget.

Marianne's gonna do it....maybe in Ikandi garb.....booyaah it's good to be da king (of swing)

Reaver
07-31-2003, 12:30 AM
Evenin' Goils!

Please allow me to be the first to say:

Mmmmmm-wenches on trampolines.Arrrggggh!!!!! :aok:

And:

Mmmmmm-Ikandi on trampolines. Jaaaaaaa!!!!! :aroooo: (Thanx, Mare!!!!)

I know now without question that there is a Divine Being!!!!
Let the revelry(and bouncing) commence! :wink:

Fron the "Quarterdeck...of Love"-swabbed, holystoned and ready fer action,
Swingin' Cap'n Merrill :toocool:
Sean the R.
"Yeah, Yeah....that's true; but we have a catapult." :wink:

Ariel
07-31-2003, 01:15 AM
I don't know how I would feel about jumping on a trampoline with my bodice laces loosened. There could be an accident. :shock:
:rotfl:

Dranaan94
07-31-2003, 09:30 AM
I'd be in. Let me know.

Ronnie - one thing. We've had many looooooooong discussions about how we want IWG members portrayed and seen by the public at large. I would like to suggest that members who do this, do it sans pin. Yes, it's all in good fun. But "Juggies" is NOT the impression I would want people to have of the IWG as a whole.

Thoughts?

Dawn

PriestesM
07-31-2003, 09:39 AM
just to play devils advocate a bit....

I believe I am correct that one of the things we want IWG members to be viewed as is well rounded women.

Doesn't that include women with a sense of humor? Who can see the fun in life, in participating in a show like this, and then go off and calculate the square root of pi if she wants to?

as opposed to women who are ashamed of their sexuality/sensuality?

Just a thought on this Thursday morning.

~M

Dranaan94
07-31-2003, 09:44 AM
I totally agree with what you are saying, Miriam, but my concern is that there is an established "reputation" with regard to Juggies and The Man Show, so that's my concern - guilt by association, if you will.

Does that make more sense?

Tink
07-31-2003, 09:50 AM
I thought of the very same thing Dawn.

However, the BIG difference here is that it is part of a show....so therefore, I think anyone with brains will know we're "acting" like bimbos and aren't *actually* bimbos.

I'm doing it because it will be fun and funny. Not as a member of the IWG, but as a big ham. :lol:

In this event, pin or not, we will be refered to as wenches at some point I'm sure and ya know what, no one who doesn't know better will recognize if we have pins on or not. Wenches and IWG members are the same thing in the eyes of those who aren't rennies.

And really all we'll be doing is bouncing on trampolines and fanning the guys. Not exactly what I'd see as inappropriate behavior. The loosening of bodice laces was only suggested for better movement. I plan on wearing a shorter bodice than the one I normally wear so I have movement at my waist and so I can keep it laced tight and NOT have my boobs flapping all about, which I *would* think was inappropriate.

Our presence is to just enhance/emphasize the parody of the actual show. If they didn't have women on trampolines, it wouldn't be a true parody.

Bonnie
07-31-2003, 10:02 AM
I'm starting to have a little concern. I know that the IWG is trying to legitimize itself as a women's organization...we're getting pretty big and noticable. But I am perturbed about a trend I'm seeing. I know the point you're making, Dawn, and while I understand it, I still find it grated on my senses. Running the risk of offending you, something I am sure you realize I DONT want to do...

I joined the IWG BECAUSE I found that the ladies in the group were take charge, go get-um, free spirited and unashamed of their assets, endowments, and enhancements. They were here on this planet to take the fun life threw at them and make it grow. (Double entendre most definitely intended here) Women with attitude. Women who weren't afraid to slide the slides, bounce on trampolines, wubbie men's faces and kiss perfect strangers...all in the pursuit of fun, frolic and merriment. Asking these same women to hide away their IWG pins simply because they're going to be bouncing on trampolines, HAVING FUN, inciting the masses to do the same (HAVE FUN) is almost insulting to them.

It's like saying...go ahead, do it, but PLEASE, we in the IWG certainly don't want to be represented by you....it's beneath us. We're too good for that. WE would NEVER be seen bouncing on a trampoline...only trollops do that.

And sorry...that's the common denominator speaking...the politically correct and bible belt housewife. It's the SAFE route. Personally, if I were there, *I'd* gladly be bouncing on the darn trampoline...and if I had to take off my pin to do it, I'd probably never wear it again. I don't use my pin as an excuse to behave badly... but I never want to see the pin used to prevent me from doing something as silly and harmless as bouncing. It's like calling a halt to wench walks or wubbies or wearing uber tight corsets (can't let those 'girls' get TOO prominent...might give the wrong impression)

At any rate, not sure if I was eloquent enough...have had only about three hours of sleep..sorry if I offended anyone...but I have a bad habit of opening my mouth. :oops:

Dranaan94
07-31-2003, 10:12 AM
OK. All points made and taken. I withdraw my concern. :)

Dawn

toosha
07-31-2003, 11:45 AM
My only concern is that anyone working in booths make sure that they clear it with the people making up the schedules.

Alianne
07-31-2003, 05:48 PM
Those who are participating...

one word: bloomers! :twisted:

Rocket RN
07-31-2003, 10:20 PM
Wow, guess I should have thought of that one myself. Especially when I usually go commando..... :oops:

Miatawolf
08-01-2003, 09:26 AM
Also for those doing it... take you sharp and pointies off and empty the bodice purse if you tend to carry stuff there.

Just some friendly words of advice.

wench230
08-01-2003, 11:21 AM
Ladies, is there any word on who is the official coordinator of the Wenchies for The Rogue Show? I also was asked to bounce on a trampoline, and have cleared it with my booth manager ( :D thanks Toosha!) and passed that clearance along... and haven't heard a thing since. Wassup?

I'm getting a sinking feeling that this is going to turn into a major cluster-f*ck without everyone knowing who's calling the shots, and how the rotation is going to work. Is it Don? Is it Ronnie? Who's in charge? Who tells the day's Wenchies it's their turn to bounce?

Any clarification would be welcome -
Samantha

Tink
08-01-2003, 12:17 PM
Sam, I was told that Bethany was in charge of getting them wenches for the show.

I'd say ask her or Rocket (since she put out the call via this post) first thing Saturday morning.

Or have Steve (or if you're on site tonight too. you can) ask Don about it.

I've no idea, other than to just show up around 5-5:15 and see what happens....

I don't plan on dressing in garb Saturday, so I won't be jumping.

Saphyne
08-01-2003, 04:52 PM
I'm game to do it!

(just note: there may be a considerable lack of "bounce", but I'll make up for it with sauciness!)

Aries
08-01-2003, 09:29 PM
I already told Bethany I'd be more than happy to do it....and seeing as she told me to let Ronnie know....consider this letting ya know...my only request is that it's third weekend or there after....first weekend with the kids is gonna be too nuts to pay attention to the time and seeing as we WON'T have the kids with us next weekend I doubt I'll be in any shape to bounce on a tramp....errr trampoline.

Dmitri
08-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Wow, guess I should have thought of that one myself. Especially when I usually go commando..... :oops:

And KNOWING that was the reason I was going! :(

Rocket RN
08-04-2003, 05:57 PM

And KNOWING that was the reason I was going! :(

Sorry to disappoint you baby. *l*

Yes I am the one coordinating the participating wenches, hence why I posted to have you all let me know your schedules. I will be working on it this week, and making another main post about it.

~V~

funphoto
08-19-2003, 04:50 PM
Love the show last saturday, really funny. Who was the jumping girl in the glasses?

Dranaan94
08-20-2003, 12:17 PM
If you should attend the faire again and see the lady in question, I am sure you can introduce yourself to her and ask her for her name.

However, it would not be appropriate for anyone to offer her name to you without her permission. As an actress in the show, if she wants her real name known, I am sure she will supply that information. I do not know her character name offhand; perhaps someone else does.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

DMN

funphoto
08-20-2003, 12:26 PM
I dont want her real name. I'm just wandering if she was one of IWG so I could complement her on her perform. I'm not a stalker, I dont have the time.

Dranaan94
08-20-2003, 12:39 PM
She is in the IWG, but I don't believe she posts. What I would suggest, if you go to the faire again, is to ask someone at the Rogue Show to pass on a message. You could also ask Rocket RN to do so, as she is in charge of the Rogue Show schedule.

And, for the record, while I understand that some of the discussions you've taken part in here have gone awry, I wasn't concerned about or suspicious of you stalking anyone. It was more a general note to anyone else out there who might have volunteered the information without thinking about how the Wench in question would feel about it. Sometimes people don't think. As a national officer for the Guild, it's my job to occasionally remind people of things that might be inappropriate.

DMN

funphoto
08-20-2003, 12:46 PM
thanks, I just want to joke around with the girl. We had fun Saturday. Maybe I'll see her next time.

Perin
08-20-2003, 10:49 PM
I just had to register to reply to this one.

funphoto, I am very sure that you had "fun" with the wench in question on Saturday, but let me assure you that she did not find your encounter very "fun". :x

Let me tell everyone what happened... After the rogue show, our little friend went up to a soaked wench (someone I am sure you all know well) and asked to take her picture. She said ok, he took it and started to leave. She stopped him to see how it came out (digital camera and all...) This was when she learned that his picture consisted of her wet breasts. That's all. No face, no body, just breast. She proceeded to tell everyone in the vicinity that this person wanted pictures of women's cleavage and nothing else as he slunk away. Exactly what part of this was supposed to be "fun" I don't know.

So funphoto, to answer your question from your other post: "What is your opinion of guys asking for photos? Is it all just sexy fun or do think they are creepy perverts who should get a life. " I think every woman on this board will tell you that taking pictures of a womans chest and nothing else, does indeed make you a creepy pervert.

Also, from the other post: "Let me just say again that I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR A CLEAVAGE SHOT. I wanted to but was worried that it would cause offense." Do you really think it is better to take these pictures without asking?

If you do come back to NYRF and happen fine this woman, I would heartily suggest that you do not try to talk to her. You may not like the consequences.

-Perin

funphoto
08-21-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi,
Let me clear something up. I did not take any photos of the girl in question. I was just in the audience. I didn't even speak to her, just thought she was cute and fun.
Sorry she had a bad experience, but not me.

Dranaan94
08-21-2003, 10:15 AM
I'll respond here the way I responded on the IBRSC boards, almost verbatim. I'll also remove my sig file, as the following is NOT on behalf of the IWG.

If, in fact, you did NOT take such a photo and only happened to have started the debate here by pure coincidence, then I can only say that you came in at exactly the wrong time and asked exactly the wrong thing.

So, if you come back to NYRF, step up. Don't "lie low" - introduce yourself to people wearing IBRSC or IWG pins, earn trust by proving you are not the bastard who took the picture. Circumstances, at least on the boards, are rather against you right now. So step up and prove us wrong. In the end, we'll respect you for it, if it's done right and with respect toward us as well. We protect our own, you see - your own posts here regarding what some people might think of the atmosphere of Ren Faires (due to personal choices in costuming and props) make it so that we have to.

However

If you ARE the person who took the photo, if you ARE engaging in an ultimately dishonest debate on the boards, then take this piece of advice: don't come back to NYRF. In fact, do yourself a favor and avoid any faires where there is an IWG or IBRSC presence. For all our 2700+ and 1100+ members, respectively and worldwide, we're an awfully tiny and close-knit group when we need to be. Word travels fast.

DMN

Tink
08-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Hi,
Let me clear something up. I did not take any photos of the girl in question. I was just in the audience. I didn't even speak to her, just thought she was cute and fun.
Sorry she had a bad experience, but not me.

If you didn't talk to her, then why did you post the following comment in this very thread?

"thanks, I just want to joke around with the girl. We had fun Saturday. Maybe I'll see her next time."

We had fun. That phrase, implies you think you and she had fun together. If you never met her, what makes you think she'd want to have you (a TOTAL stranger) joke around with her?

If we're mistaken and it isn't you, then I have to agree with Dranaan...you decided to start posting about taking inappropriate photos here at the wrong time because it just seems a tad unbelievable that you are not the photographer in question.

A question for you....If we could show your picture to the wench in question, would you still say we have the wrong guy?

funphoto
08-21-2003, 10:54 AM
I was hoping to bluff my way through this so that I could the whole thing behind me and maybe make some friends here.
I have email Perin my full explanation and apologes.
I truly sorry for any upset that I have caused and will no longer take part in any faires or forums. All photos have been deleted.

Crossbones
08-21-2003, 11:58 AM
I want to go on record as saying...

Ladies if you have any issues with inappropriate behavior with anyone before, during, or after a Rogue Show, please let me and/or security know.

I am within a 500 foot radius of that stage at most times.

This is NOT what we want associated with the show.

I apologize for any discomfort.

08-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Bluff your way through what....see, I am just not getting this. Whatr was it, the motive I mean? The whole time you were trying to figure out the Wenches name? Bluff through what?

You chose the worst possible way of making friends of anyone I have ever seen. I do not pretend to understand your motives here funphoto, but I can say this...from the moment you began posting you have done nothing but dug yourself a hole, deeper and deeper.

At one point you said you were not ashamed of who you are and would not hide behind another name. Well you show up on the rogues board and rather then keep your name, you alter it to something different.

There is something about you and your unknown motives that have made me stick by my first post to you ever.....creep me out.

Muffin

Donnaccia
08-21-2003, 12:11 PM
All's I have to say is: Good riddance.

Finished.

Over.

Done.

Kaput.

And as my italian gramma used to say..."Ah! Che (pronounced Kay) finoots!" :lol:

AnnaFaerie
08-21-2003, 12:35 PM
So this guy has shown himself not only a pervert, but a lying pervert.

How many of us really believe this bastar* deleated the pictures? What a pitiful excuse for a man!

shadow
08-21-2003, 04:39 PM
I dont know if i speak for all rogues here but the ones i know I can speak for. Any wench for whatever reason who feels that this situation has or is happening to them and cannot convieniently get in contact with security.. Get a Rogue.

And FunPhoto ask yourself a question what would you do if someone violated your wife sister mother friend daughter like you did to that wench
(assuming of course that you in fact did take the pictures in question)
youd probably be pissed enough to arreate some people. Now put yourself in that wench's position. Shes probably upset and won't be accepting pictures with people very often anymore because she dont trust em anymore. Thats not exactly a nice feeling when you dont trust people you dont know.
FunPhoto you made a mistake bud. If your a real man you'll find this wench IN PUBLIC and apologize for what you did. Than youll go home and REALLY delete those pictures. Than youll check yoursefl into a reality clinic. Im done with you bud.

Tink
08-21-2003, 05:02 PM
I dont know if i speak for all rogues here but the ones i know I can speak for. Any wench for whatever reason who feels that this situation has or is happening to them and cannot convieniently get in contact with security.. Get a Rogue.

And FunPhoto ask yourself a question what would you do if someone violated your wife sister mother friend daughter like you did to that wench
(assuming of course that you in fact did take the pictures in question)
youd probably be pissed enough to arreate some people. Now put yourself in that wench's position. Shes probably upset and won't be accepting pictures with people very often anymore because she dont trust em anymore. Thats not exactly a nice feeling when you dont trust people you dont know.
FunPhoto you made a mistake bud. If your a real man you'll find this wench IN PUBLIC and apologize for what you did. Than youll go home and REALLY delete those pictures. Than youll check yoursefl into a reality clinic. Im done with you bud.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO there Shadow. The LAST thing he wants to do right now is go and find that wench. Trust me.

And he DID take that photo, he admitted it right here in this thread. He also is supposed to have e mailed an apology to her SO which I surely hope will include an apology to the wench.

Case closed. Let's hope.

Lionel dear you have NOTHING to apologize for you and your show didn't make anyone uncomfortable. That was funphoto's doing. Who we all know is in no way, shape, or form affiliated with the show or NYRF.

Rocket RN
08-21-2003, 09:19 PM

Ladies if you have any issues with inappropriate behavior with anyone before, during, or after a Rogue Show, please let me and/or security know.

I think I can speak for most of the ladies in saying that we in no way hold you responsible for this pathetic piece of dropping's actions. I know that everyone who has commented to me has enjoyed participating in the show immensely. It is sad to me that this schmuck has marred anyone's experience. I certainly hope he was honest about at least one part of his whole dribbling story - that he will not return to our, or any other faire site.

DAMN I'M PISSED!!!

~V~

Madmage
08-21-2003, 09:55 PM
He also is supposed to have e mailed an apology to her SO which I surely hope will include an apology to the wench.

He did send the email. I have yet to hear the response from the wench in question. probably tomorrow when we see her.
Hopefully he's genuine in the apology.

Draco
08-21-2003, 11:18 PM
He also is supposed to have e mailed an apology to her SO which I surely hope will include an apology to the wench.

He did send the email. I have yet to hear the response from the wench in question. probably tomorrow when we see her.
Hopefully he's genuine in the apology.

I'm relatively sure that he's not genuine in anything but the pursuit of his own self-interest....

LadyVixen
08-22-2003, 04:00 AM

I think I can speak for most of the ladies in saying that we in no way hold you responsible for this pathetic piece of dropping's actions. I know that everyone who has commented to me has enjoyed participating in the show immensely. It is sad to me that this schmuck has marred anyone's experience. I certainly hope he was honest about at least one part of his whole dribbling story - that he will not return to our, or any other faire site.

DAMN I'M PISSED!!!

~V~

Crossbones, having been a wenchie for you and Don TWICE, I can totally second Rocket on this, I for one had a BLAST! I'll do it again if you all will let me...AND in no way can you be held responsible for the actions of ONE Dane JERK... you KNOW we love you guys! :bow: :bow:

I also have to second the pissed at the sniveling liar, Rocket, just point him out if he shows, and just LET him try to mess with THIS wench. He'll be a javelin so fast he won't know what happened! My pins are at home with my garb... so any of my actions will not be on behalf of the Guilds, or reflect upon them, but of my own (mundane) accord... Besides I think we all know that when I want to I can be subtle... I think I still have the keys to that old abandoned mine I used to work at.... :twisted:

Maybe I will put in a surprise appearence (pardon my spelling it's after 3 am)... Ronnie, you know how to get in touch with Carlene (if not, your bitch has her cell #), call us if there are any "issues" we'll be there just as fast as my little Kia can fly!

Pico de Gallo
08-22-2003, 08:38 AM
just goes to show... Don't F*** with the guilds!
We're bad...we're nationwide...i'm sure this person will not find welcome at ANY faire from now on.

Ariel
08-22-2003, 12:21 PM
Not that I think he is coming back to Tux, but is there some description or distinguishing trait to said slimeball so that wenches and rogues who did not deal with him originally can recognize him? Its very easy for someone who offends once to blend in another time elsewhere.

Madmage
08-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Not that I think he is coming back to Tux, but is there some description or distinguishing trait to said slimeball so that wenches and rogues who did not deal with him originally can recognize him? Its very easy for someone who offends once to blend in another time elsewhere.

Got a livejournal acct?

Ysobelle
08-22-2003, 01:27 PM

Got a livejournal acct?

I do, and I'd like to know, since my faire is the closest one to yours right now, and I'd like to make sure my Wenches know what's up. My LJ name should be obvious, but PM me if you have anything that can help us down here.

Thanks!

Perin
08-22-2003, 02:41 PM
I think it is time to let this thread die. funphoto has appologized and the woman in question is really sick of all this. I could post a description of him but that wouldn't really do any good. Even if he does come back to faire you won't know who he is based on a vague general description. He isn't the only person that has taken questionable pictures at faire, he's just the only one to talk about it in the message boards afterward.

Its over, its been dealt with, thank you for your concern, please let the insanity end...

-Perin

Temeny
08-23-2003, 10:55 AM
I have been doing alot of thinking about what happened there. I can see how the lady could be upset. I would have lost it and might have hit him for it but anyway... The only consern I have with what he is doing is that not everyone in a bodice is over 21 years old. What if he took a pic like that of someones 15 year old daughter? I know what I looked like at 15 and my father would have come unglued if some guy was taking pics of me like that. Since he can't go about asking for I.D. before he takes breast shots like that he might want to reconsider 'cause 15 will get you 20 and while I would not lose any sleep over you taking an extended vacation, I am sure you don't want to do that.

If you must haev the pics for like a website of something you could go to a college and maybe ask the art students if they would pose for you?? I know some students( over 21) that would have no problem with it! Oh well I hope you didn't scar that poor women for life and make her camara shy...

Madmage
08-25-2003, 09:44 AM
funphoto has asked us to direct people to his website:
http://funphoto0.tripod.com/whatilearnedatthefaire/

Draco
08-26-2003, 12:40 AM
funphoto has asked us to direct people to his website:
http://funphoto0.tripod.com/whatilearnedatthefaire/

FYI......

The ONE Wench that everyone blew up about turns out not to be the ONLY person Professor Foto offended... Accoring to 2 security officers, "A person matching that description was escorted from the grounds for taking inappropriate fotos of the barstaff that same day"...

I'm not saying it definitely WAS him, but the circumstances are kinda compelling... Although I'm sure it can be proved or disproved with a simple Foto...

And while WE are all willing to let it go, HE still seems to be BEGGING for attention.... I say the best thing we can all do is to deny him that very thing that he seems to crave... Attention... unless he has the poor judgement to attempt his crap again...

Everything about this whole debacle stinks of some wannabe Machiavellian machinations... And I for one, will never trust this guy as far as I can throw a Humvee

LadyVixen
08-26-2003, 12:45 AM
I second that! ALL of it! Goobye, good riddance, Hasta La Vista! If I never hear that screenname again, it will be too soon....

Now, let's move on to more happy thoughts....