PDA

View Full Version : South Park + WoW

Pathos
10-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure the capacity but word is the 10th season premiere of South Park tomorrow 10/4 on Comedy Central is going to involve World of Warcraft.

I look forward to seeing what Matt and Trey have to say about it. I assume it'll be harsh.

8-)

Drea Beth
10-03-2006, 11:44 PM
According to an article I read Blizzard was involved in the episode. Can't wait to see it! ::yay::

Artemisia
10-04-2006, 01:22 PM
The preview clip shows the four boys playing video games and their appearance was rather, well, let me not spoil it any further.

DoņaNina
10-04-2006, 01:50 PM
My only complaint is that Cartman isn't an Orc.

Dmitri
10-04-2006, 02:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsHQ4E_VhaU

Pathos
10-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Is that Tarren Mill they're getting ready to raid?!?!?!

HA HA!!!

DoņaNina
10-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Dammit, no wonder we're always having to patrol Tarren Mill! It's worse than Ganklethorn Vale!

Pathos
10-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Tarren Mill used to be my favorite place to stealth around sapping everyone over and over.

But now it's Grom' Gol. Lots more 60's there meeting up for a ZG run.

Good fun.

8-)

Dmitri
10-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Dammit, no wonder we're always having to patrol Tarren Mill! It's worse than Ganklethorn Vale!

I ride in Azjul Nerub (Dmitri, lvl51 Assassin) and Tarren Mill is always dead... I loved it before Warsong and Arathi... Lots of PVP death...

Pathos
10-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Azjul Nerub (Dmitri, lvl51 Assassin)
51?!?!?! Dude...what've you been doing? You started months before me.

Get on the ol' dog and bone man! The game doesn't even start 'till you hit 60!!!

8-)

Dmitri
10-04-2006, 03:46 PM
51?!?!?! Dude...what've you been doing? You started months before me.

Get on the ol' dog and bone man! The game doesn't even start 'till you hit 60!!!

8-)

I could come back with the "I've got a life" thing... But actually I started playing other characters... on other servers I have about 10 toons bewteen 25-35...

Also the season started and I needed to workk.

Pathos
10-04-2006, 04:18 PM
I could come back with the "I've got a life" thing... But actually I started playing other characters... on other servers I have about 10 toons bewteen 25-35...
Life? Oh yeah...I have a vague memory of that.

I know the feeling about the alts. I have more toons in the low 30's than I can keep track of. I never thought I'd get anything to 60 but I'm glad I got down to it and got Musketeer to 60. There really is a ton of shit you can't do until 60. It's pretty amazing.

I just transferred him to an east coast server...Executus. If anyone feels like rolling there...it's a fairly new server. Low pop. I rode thru Ironforge last night and there were only about a dozen people hanging out in front of the bank. Unlike the hundreds that are usually there.

Almost made me feel like the Omega Man.

8-)

Cyranno DeBoberac
10-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Just saw the episode. Pretty funny.

"Don't you have a World of Warcraft account?"
"No... I have a life".

:lol:

Margaret
10-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Yeah - it was funny. Mostly because it was dead on accurate with the usual Trey and Mat twist.

I'm cracking up when they are preparing to go into battle. Hubby asks what's so funny. I tell him that's exactly how he sounds on dorkspeak when he's playing.

We cannot kill him, he has no life....

Pathos
10-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah it was funny.

Now lets be total geeks and point out all the inconsistancies. I'll go first. 8-)

Kenny was a human hunter. There's no such thing.

DoņaNina
10-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Kenny was a human hunter. There's no such thing.

I noticed that, too.

But I liked how Kyle played a girl. And how Stan called his dad an rtard.

Calimaryn
10-05-2006, 11:07 AM
I was laughing out loud several times last night. Though that could have been helped along with the bottle of wine too.

I loved how Butters showed up exactly like Cartman's dorf. Excellent! And he walks away muttering how his kitty game is better. haha! And how Ike even had a character.

Sucks though, they didnt show ANY horde. :( Alliance is for sissys.

I was hoping that when they finally killed the No Life guy that he would drop Guise and show up as an undead corpse. That would have been hillarious.

DoņaNina
10-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Sucks though, they didnt show ANY horde. :( Alliance is for sissys.

I love you.

Dmitri
10-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Alliance is not necessarily for sissys... I play equally horde and Alliance... I've found teh alliance uests cooler for teh most part... And some of the Horde quests for similar skills easier... I also think with horde toons (other than the tauren) that the females look better... Tho' Night Elf males are as bad as Trolls... They just have rotator cuffs issues rather than bad posture...

I do wish that you could... defect... or go PVP on your own faction...

Pathos
10-05-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure why Alliance would be for sissys. The races have their particular racial bonus but they're all inherently equal. No race is really better or stronger or faster. It's all about the class.

If I think about it though I'd say horde is more for sissys since every server I play on the horde outnumber alliance by upwards of 4 to 1. Therefore it's the horde side that's the easier side to level up on fast and get tons of HK's by simply outnumbering the alliance all over the place. It's real easy to brave when your in a group of 20 taking on 5 or 6 enemies.

Still...I wouldn't really say either side is for sissys.

DoņaNina
10-05-2006, 11:55 AM
If I think about it though I'd say horde is more for sissys since every server I play on the horde outnumber alliance by upwards of 4 to 1.

...whaaaat? On the WoW cencus sites, they state that every server has a 3>1 ratio of Alliance to Horde. Where did you get your census facts? Maybe mine is wrong, but ever since the game was released the Horde has been outnumbered on every server.

EDIT: Okay, my server's pretty equal, but it's still a 1.2 > 1 of Alliance over Horde. Hows your server? Here's the link:

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?PHPSESSID=63af823233bc09630a567ad4bd3e2 4d2&serverid=559&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=60&servertypeid=-1

Dmitri
10-05-2006, 11:56 AM
If I think about it though I'd say horde is more for sissys since every server I play on the horde outnumber alliance by upwards of 4 to 1.

which server do you play on primarily?

Pathos
10-05-2006, 12:01 PM
This is the server I just left. You can see the horde has the big advantage.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?PHPSESSID=f79ca7c7793df4c26b3781838ad01 38f&serverid=84&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=60&servertypeid=-1

This is my new server. Still advantage horde.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=654&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=60&servertypeid=2

I don't have a problem with this. I like being the underdog.

DoņaNina
10-05-2006, 12:04 PM
I've never seen a server before where the Horde was the majority. Holy f'ing crap.

But those are PVP servers, yes? I've only done one PVP server before, and got pretty bored. It's RP-PVP for me!

Pathos
10-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah PvP. That's all I play on. I tried an RP once and was very game to get into it. But I was very disappointed when I saw that no one was rp'ing. People were even making fun of those that were. So I bailed.

Dmitri
10-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeha I think you'll find those numbers in th minority...

DoņaNina
10-05-2006, 12:14 PM
It's true, we have RP griefers, but our RP guilds and RP community are BAD ASS. Check out the RP forum for my server, we've got some great guys in there:

http://tn.yzeens.com

((Plus, I won the weekly RP contest this week! =D))

Pathos
10-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Yeha I think you'll find those numbers in th minority...
Yeah could be. But for the most part...in the PvP community everyone talks in general about the alliance always being outnumbered. So maybe it's just a PvP server thing.

Also...I specifically look for servers where alliance is outnumbered so my knowledge may be slightly slanted.

Dmitri
10-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah could be. But for the most part...in the PvP community everyone talks in general about the alliance always being outnumbered. So maybe it's just a PvP server thing.

Also...I specifically look for servers where alliance is outnumbered so my knowledge may be slightly slanted.

well once people figured out how to play them, they saw how Shamans just OWNED the game... That class is broken...

As for human hunters? Dmitri would be one in a heart beat... I wish you could get dual classed after 60... and as long as you were "honored" or exhalted in the other race you could learn that class...

Lady Sarah
10-05-2006, 12:58 PM
it's like... observing a whole other species... I feel like I'm standing on one side of the fence and safety moat, watching the participants in the exhibit interact with one another...

There needs to be a sign that says not to feed the animals.

:shhh: :wink:

Pathos
10-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Now see...I don't have a problem with Shammies. Warlocks on the other hand...they can all die a slow death.

As for human hunters? Dmitri would be one in a heart beat... I wish you could get dual classed after 60... and as long as you were "honored" or exhalted in the other race you could learn that class...
That would be cool. But...you'd have to make it to 60 first.
:snicker:

Dmitri
10-05-2006, 01:04 PM
There needs to be a sign that says not to feed the animals.

:shhh: :wink:

oh you know you'd feed *this* animal grrlfriend...

DoņaNina
10-05-2006, 01:24 PM
oh you know you'd feed *this* animal grrlfriend...

But all we eat is Rockstar anc cheetos! Just like in last night's episode!

((I honestly felt awful. Diet Rockstar is my favorite drink... >.>))

Cyranno DeBoberac
10-05-2006, 01:34 PM
TIMMY! :-D

My only dissapointment in the episode was that Leeeeroy Jenkins didn't have a cameo.

Pathos
10-05-2006, 01:45 PM
it's like... observing a whole other species... I feel like I'm standing on one side of the fence and safety moat, watching the participants in the exhibit interact with one another...
We're not even using l33tspeak (or whatever it's called).

For example...I could talk about how my pug the other night in ubrs to farm tier 1 gear ran into trouble when we aggro'd the trash before our cooldowns had expired and we ended up wiping on the boss.

Or something like that.
8-)

Calimaryn
10-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Cenarius is 2.8 Alliance to 1 Horde. But its a PvE server so that could be the difference. We have Afterlife on our server so I could just be biased, a tich. Because the huge amount of alliance and pally buffs make it seem like easymode.

My priest is 60, raiding guild, Prophecy 6piece bonus, epic staff, clearing BWL and learning Naxx & AQ40. (Geeky enough? No I dont speek 1337 beyond knowing how to spell leet in numbers!)

Course I am perturbed at my guild for ripping on a shadowpriest so I havent played all week. But I love my troll, she rocks. "I promise not to bite you where it shows!"

Lady Sarah
10-05-2006, 02:07 PM
We're not even using l33tspeak (or whatever it's called).

For example...I could talk about how my pug the other night in ubrs to farm tier 1 gear ran into trouble when we aggro'd the trash before our cooldowns had expired and we ended up wiping on the boss.

Or something like that.
8-)

:stunned:

yeah...

Artemisia
10-05-2006, 02:30 PM
TIMMY! :-D

My only dissapointment in the episode was that Leeeeroy Jenkins didn't have a cameo.

I actually yelled out "Damnit, Leroy!" during one the failed battles.
Surprised Cartman didn't repeat some of the classic Leroy lines.