PDA

View Full Version : Walk for the cure/Save the boobies

Nevada
08-07-2003, 05:36 PM
http://www.komen-dallas.org/raceinfo.html----please ladies....lets form a team to walk for the cure....its an event close to everyone...just look down...please let myself or Kae know if you are interested in doing a Team Wench and walk for the cure on Oct. 18th...I am sure it will be discussed on aug 9th at the Flying Saucer in Arlington...hope to see you there are at the breakfast and womens expo on Aug 23rd

Nevada
08-07-2003, 05:37 PM
http://www.komen-dallas.org/raceinfo.html

sorry try this link

Rhia
08-07-2003, 05:50 PM
I have tentative plans to be in Maryland for close of faire that weekend but I'm trying to rearrange so I can make the event (didn't know when the walk would be when I made travel arrangements.)

Please put me down as a "working on it"!

Also, two questions:

1) which race are we talking about participating in? I prefer the 5k Fun Run/walk; the 1k is just too short!

2) are we registering as a team? if we do, we can do the whole team pictures thing they have before hand. It also means that we can get our shirts and stuff as a group instead of each having to drive to North Park.

Thanks a ton for doing this!

Nevada
08-07-2003, 05:59 PM
We would be registering as a team...due to ankle surgeries I cant do 5ks again (yet) so will opt for the 1 mile fun walk...I will call or drop by the Komen center and get more details this week or weekend...will have info posted by Sunday...will see if we can register as a team but have members participate in the diff walks or run

Nevada
08-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Okay...we need 10 Wenches to qualify as a team....entry fee is 20$...I have to have members registered and money by Sept 26th at the latest (I will provide receipts for money given to me) I also need the entry forms filled out ...they can be found online or I can provide on to you when you submit the fee....if we cannot get 10 people to walk then we dont qualify as a team and will be placed as individual walkers....so start saving those coins and lace up those tennies....and be sure to let me know asap so I can submit the roster and the entry fees.... keep cool and have a great weekend...please feel free to pm me for more info or questions

Isabelle Fawkes
08-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Here's a thought...If we can't come up with enough wenches to form a team how about we get our Rogues to join us. Since this is not a sanctioned wench event I personally do not see a problem with this. It also reminds me of an e-mail I received recently.

Here goes:

A handsome, middle-aged man walked quietly into the cafe and sat down.

Before he ordered, he couldn't help but notice a group of younger men
at the table next to him.

It was obvious they were making fun of something about him, and it
wasn't until he remembered he was wearing a small pink ribbon on the
lapel of his suit that he became aware of what the joke was all about.

The man brushed off the reaction as ignorance, but the smirks began to
get to him. He looked one of the rude men square in the eye, placed his
hand beneath the ribbon and asked, quizzically, "This?"

With that the men all began to laugh out loud.

The man he addressed said, as he fought back laughter, "Hey, sorry man,
but we were just commenting on how pretty your pink ribbon looks against
your blue jacket!"

The middle aged man calmly motioned to the joker to come over to his
table, and invited him to sit down. As uncomfortable as he was, the guy
obliged, not really sure why.

In a soft voice, the middle aged man said, "I wear this ribbon to bring
awareness about breast cancer. I wear it in my mother's honor."

Oh, sorry dude. She died of breast cancer?"

"No, she didn't. She's alive and well. But her breasts nourished me as
an infant, and were a soft resting place for my head when I was scared
or lonely as a little boy. I'm very grateful for my mother's breasts,
and her health."

"Umm," the stranger replied, "Yeah."

"And I wear this ribbon to honor my wife," the middle aged man went on.

"And she's okay, too?", the other guy asked.

"Oh, yes. She's fine. Her breasts have been a great source of loving
pleasure for both of us, and with them she nurtured and nourished our
beautiful daughter 23 years ago. I am grateful for my wife's breasts,
and for her heath."

"Uh huh. And I guess you wear it to honor your daughter also!"

"No. It's too late to honor my daughter by wearing it now. My daughter
died of breast cancer one month ago. She thought she was too young to
have breast cancer, so when she accidentally noticed a small lump she
ignored it. She thought that since it wasn't painful, it must not be
anything to worry about."

Shaken and ashamed, the now sober stranger said, "Oh, man, I'm so sorry mister."

"So, in my daughter's memory, too, I proudly wear this little ribbon,
which allows me the opportunity to enlighten others. Now, go home and
talk to your wife and your daughters, your mother and your friends."

"And here," the middle-aged man reached in his pocket and handed the
other man a little pink ribbon.

The guy looked at it, slowly raised his head and asked, "Can ya help me
put it on?"

This is just a reminder that women are not the only one's affected by this disease. The men in our lives are also involved. Why not invite them to join us?

Isa

Kae
08-09-2003, 01:50 PM
OK, that one made we want to cry.
Just so everyone knows, I see no problem with the Rogues walking with us, even if it becomes a sanctioned event. Helping is not limited to us wenches.
Also, I will be able to walk, and I have heard from 4 others who will be there. I see no problem in getting together the needed number. We could even split the group into sections, one for the longer walk and one for the shorter.

Just and idea.

Kae

Nevada
08-09-2003, 04:11 PM
I am all for the Rogues walking with us.. Breast cancer is not just a womans disease....its a disease anyone can get....will talk to my Rogue about it after his nap...looking forward to seeing everyone tonight..will bring entry forms with me

Rhia
09-29-2003, 05:31 PM
As I am going to be in town that day afterall, is it possible to change from a "Spirit Walker" to an actual in-the-flesh walker? I'd really like to participate

Nevada
09-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Consider it done....I pickup the Tshirts on Oct. 9th...I was going to suggest we meet at the forest rail station and take the train to park/Northpark mall where the race is...

cyd
10-01-2003, 05:05 PM
I'm not part of your local... However, I will say that Team Wench from Local 42 is majority wenches... But we also have a few rogues and mercs in our number as well! :)

If the guys don't mind wearing the wench logo, we don't mind having them! :)

Just an outside opinion... :)

Cyd (Co-captain, Local 42 Team Wench)

Nevada
10-01-2003, 06:11 PM
Yup and told my love that if they wanted us to walk in a prostate cancer walk we would...

Isabelle Fawkes
10-02-2003, 12:15 AM
I'm not part of your local... However, I will say that Team Wench from Local 42 is majority wenches... But we also have a few rogues and mercs in our number as well! :)

If the guys don't mind wearing the wench logo, we don't mind having them! :)

Just an outside opinion... :)

Cyd (Co-captain, Local 42 Team Wench)

Thank you for your input, every wench is welcome here. We have had a bit of a problem getting LOCAL wenches to return to these boards. It is a great pleasure to know that other wenches are keeping an eye on us and contributing to the forum. Keep up the good work.

Go" TEAM WENCH",
Isa

Nevada
10-09-2003, 09:24 AM
I am picking up the team packets tonight...for those that are attending the Screams gathering I will have the packets there so you can pick yours up...for those that cant attend Screams we will make other arrangements to get them to you...

Nevada
10-09-2003, 09:25 PM
I have the packets....also we CAN walk in garb...so who's willing to do so?

Rhia
10-10-2003, 09:33 AM
I'm game! Which race are we participating in?

Nevada
10-10-2003, 10:26 AM
I am doing the mile ....not up to 5k in a corset...hahaha

Kae
10-10-2003, 11:14 AM
I coulnd't even do it in a bodice. However; I have a funny story of some KC wenches running down my road in Garb after my hell hound. :twisted: I may have to tell it some day. :wink:
kae

Isabelle Fawkes
10-15-2003, 06:16 PM
Okay ladies, are we meeting up someplace before the race or are we gathering there. Vada mentioned parking somewhere (?) and taking public transit. What time are we planning this for and how many are going in garb?

Nevada
10-15-2003, 09:33 PM
The race starts at 745 am...I am told we need to be there around 7am...There is a dart rail at forest lane just the east of 75s...do we meet there or ?

Kae
10-16-2003, 04:24 PM
What time would we have to be there at?

Colleen will be with us in Spirit, she has to work.

Yes, I think garb would be fun.

Does everyone have my cell phone number in case they get lost? If not, PM me for it.

If anyone lives way out of town, do you want to crash at our place?

Can I think of another question?.......'

Kae

Nevada
10-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Everyone want to meet at the station at 630am? That way we can catch a train in or meet at Kaes?

Nevada
10-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Okay folks...which is it? Kaes at 630am or at the Forest rail station?

Kae
10-17-2003, 02:01 PM
I vote for the station. I know that Captain and Isabelle are meeting at our house, but to get to the station we will be leaving by 6:10 at the latest.
There is plenty of parking at teh station. Afterwards we can hang at my place as long as you don't mind me bustling around. 8)

Kae

Nevada
10-17-2003, 02:03 PM
The station it is then...I will be the one propping up the big longhair :lol: