View Full Version : The Stand

Sorcha Griannon
01-07-2007, 08:52 PM
On Sci-Fi.
I actually like this series...I know there is problems, but there always is

Sorcha

Branwen
01-08-2007, 03:16 AM
I saw it when it came out. I like the book much better. In fact that was my first Stephen king book that I read. I had an English Teacher in H.S. that had a stack of books that he was going to get rid of. I stayed up in his classroom during lunch for a day and leafed through the books. Found The Stand and started reading it right away. I have 2 versions of the book. The original book that was written and then the re-release.

KissMeKate
01-08-2007, 11:23 AM
I really like this mini-series (and have read the book a number of times). It's either 4 or 6 hours (can't quite remember, only caught the last hour last night) so they were able to fit more of the (HUGE) book into the filming then would have been possible for a normal length movie. A good watch for anyone who enjoys Steven King, especially his older (and IMHO better) books.

LadyLaura
01-08-2007, 12:14 PM
I caught part of it last night, and it was pretty good! Am a big fan of Stephen King's novels, and the mini-series are usually better than the movies, since more of the book can be included. I also noticed that King wrote the screenplay for this one. I'm sure that makes a BIG difference!

The mini-series of The Shining is really good also, if you can catch that one. Not sure if he wrote the screenplay for that, too. Not that the movie is bad...

Branwen
01-09-2007, 02:16 AM
The mini-series of The Shining is really good also, if you can catch that one. Not sure if he wrote the screenplay for that, too. Not that the movie is bad...

He didn't like the version that Jack Nicholson was in. I believe he did write the screen play for the remake. I like the book much better. However, I have/had a hard time seeing the actor playing a schizophrenic drunken asshole bent on murdering his family with the remake. Jack, just did it right in that aspect.
In regards to the Stand. There was so much more in depth detail that not even the Mini Series could get into. The director did a great job of trying to work within the confines of the book and the TV sensors.