PDA

View Full Version : New, But Not...

Miller's Daughter
03-03-2007, 05:25 PM
I joined the guild a little over a year ago (Christmas 2005), but never actually became a part of it. I'm basically just looking for veteran wenches to learn from (or, perhaps not veterns, but simply wenches that know more about what goes on in California, especially at Southern).

I have my pin, and it has a permanent place on my bodice, but I think I need to move it a little, 'cause it's kind of hard to see. I've never used any of my Free Kiss cards, and I've just recently learned what some of the things on those cards are. Last season... I didn't do a Wench Walk (please tell me we actually have those at RPFS), didn't go wenching. I didn't do anything. I'm hoping that, this year, I'll be able to come out of my shell a bit more, and learn and have fun.

And I'm looking for all the help I can get.

Miller's Daughter
03-14-2007, 08:20 PM
*pokes at her fellow Wicked Wenches of the West*

I know all you lovely ladies are busy, but I was curious... So many of the other locals/chapters do things like Invasions, and some even do parties and such... Since joining the guild, I've not heard or read about anything really going on for us wenches where we can gather together and be our bawdy, playful selves. Mistress Morigianna posted back in November about classes being held at the Marsh, there was something about Potrero War, and something about Bats Day (which I go to for my birthday every year now)... But really... C'mon, ladies. I think we can do better than this.

So this year, I'll be at Southern every Sunday. Think it may be possible to meet up for something one day to harass patrons and playtrons, cause mischief and mayhem, and just be the wenches that we like to be? A Wench Walk, a picinic, something? Pretty, pretty please?

Sorcha Griannon
03-15-2007, 03:48 AM
*pokes at her fellow Wicked Wenches of the West*

I know all you lovely ladies are busy, but I was curious... So many of the other locals/chapters do things like Invasions, and some even do parties and such... Since joining the guild, I've not heard or read about anything really going on for us wenches where we can gather together and be our bawdy, playful selves. Mistress Morigianna posted back in November about classes being held at the Marsh, there was something about Potrero War, and something about Bats Day (which I go to for my birthday every year now)... But really... C'mon, ladies. I think we can do better than this.

So this year, I'll be at Southern every Sunday. Think it may be possible to meet up for something one day to harass patrons and playtrons, cause mischief and mayhem, and just be the wenches that we like to be? A Wench Walk, a picinic, something? Pretty, pretty please?
guiltguiltguiltguiltguiltguiltguiltguiltguiltguilt guiltguiltguiltguiltguiltguiltguilt
Awww, man, now I have guilt;)

Actually, you are right about this local...we are not as active as we could be. I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed when I first became involved with the guild, since it didn't seem like there was much going on here. There are a couple people in the FOF that are guild members, you know of Morigianna, there's the big boss lady Theresa (still haven't heard from her yet, anyone else?), and myself. I am all for getting together, if nothing else just to catch a bite to eat or a show. Two years ago (I think, it was just before I found out I was pregnant, so it would have been 2004 season, so 3 seasons ago) we tried a get together. There was Threresa, another lady (who I didn't recognise and don't remember the name of) and myself were the only ones that showed up. So we caught a Sound and Fury show.

Ok, here is my thoughts on what could be the reasons...(it's probably a little bit of all of the following)
1. This is a big local. California itself is huge, then add on to it Oregon and Washington.
2. The guild started in the East, and has had more a chance to get fired up there.
3. Speaking for California only (since I hail from there), many of the groups I have been involved in, or know about, have a problem with californian's tending to be a little flighty. Maybe it's too much sun, the wind coming off the Pacific, the earthquakes, or fires, but a lot of people here don't follow through on lots of things, it affects the brain:) (I'm as guilty as any, put the soap-boxes away).
4. We, as Wench's have not gotten off our collective duffs and done it. Meaning...if you are interested in doing it, force the issue a bit. Go into the member list, look for all the local 52 gals and drop them a line. A lot of them aren't on the message boards much, if at all anymore, so if they have an email listed, try it.

Ok, I know, excuses are like armpits, we all have them, and they all stink. I think #4 is the biggest reason nothing has been done. I'll be herding the minions (aka, co-workers/friends) on what will be 1st or 2nd trips to faire, so I will have my hands full, besides being there on Saturday. I will be there another day as yet to be determined, and may or may not have Lizzy, my 2-year old, in tow.
As for having fun, go for it...but, remember, you are representing a larger group of ladies. And, unfortunately, at a few faire, IWG members have a bad rep due to the actions of those wearing a pin and proclaiming themselves IWG. This is my turn to guilt you a little. (sorry, mom mode kicking in) I know that you are using the word harass in a playful, harmless manner, but I must stress one point. The general public will not know you are yourself a non-cast/worker. They associate anyone in garb as part of the show. Play with them, flirt, talk, ect, but again, remember your actions will be remembered and reflect on faire, the IWG, and those who work it.
Mom, mode off:)
Again, if I am there on Sunday (a good possiblity, even for opening weekend), I will look for you. And I think Misty's there most weekends as well, so look for the purple hair ;) (I think it's still purple). I'm not opposed to getting a picnic potluck arranged for a weekend that DOESN'T have a faire running (trust me, if one's running, there won't be anyone interested). Meet and Greets are fine too, getting together at a restaurant for lunch or something. Remember though, people in LA might not want to come up towards the Inland Empire, and vice versa. It's a good 1.5-2 hours drive for me to get to downtown LA, so I couldn't justify a lunch trip down there. Likewise, wenches in San Diego have a 2-3 hour trip up here, so, again, it's hard to get together and visit.

Hope to meet you and visit at faire, but for now I have to go...go ahead and email me if you want

Sorcha

PS, this has to be the LONGEST damn post I have typed here, lol...sorry about that.

KissMeKate
03-15-2007, 10:10 AM
You might notice that the more active locals are on the east coast. Bristol's local (at the WI/IL border) is still relatively new, with this upcoming season as our 6th as a Local. We still see most of our board activity and gathering activity centering around the Faire season (so most of the summer), and we seem to go into hibernation during the winter.

Give it a couple more years. I joined IWG when I was out in PA for grad school, then came back to the midwest to find that I didn't see another Lundegaard guild pin for years. Now, we are all over, and are fairly active during the Faire season, with a few small gatherings during the off season. And CA is a big place, so it might take more effort to find wenches within driving distance to have gatherings with.

Good luck!

MoonWench
03-15-2007, 04:14 PM
I was a bit disappointed myself when I realized that Local 52 really didn't do anything. I would love to go to a get together with my IWG sisters. My only problem is that I work all of the small faires and not Southern. There is usually only one day a season I can sneak over to the big faire. I wonder if that is a problem for any other members?

Sorcha Griannon
03-15-2007, 11:31 PM
I was a bit disappointed myself when I realized that Local 52 really didn't do anything. I would love to go to a get together with my IWG sisters. My only problem is that I work all of the small faires and not Southern. There is usually only one day a season I can sneak over to the big faire. I wonder if that is a problem for any other members?

It is. The last couple years has been fun trying to get to faire, lol...2004 I went with my then 4 month old in a sling (and actually had people asking if she was real...and almost killed a kid that came up and squeezed her foot and yelled to his family, "it's a real baby!" DUH, like I'm going to wear a fake baby over my bodice, for a few hours.). The next year, she stayed home with g-ma when I went.
Though, I was spoiled, I use to live 27 minutes from RPFS before it moved. Now I'm a slight bit more than 1 hour away. Not too much, but it makes a difference especially when I can't stay a whole day. That and fighting the vegas bound traffic on Saturday, and the home bound traffic on Sunday through the pass is horrible. Hey, has cal-trans finished working on the 15, 215 split yet???

Sorcha

Bronya
03-16-2007, 12:49 AM
I have been part of this local for a long time, while I lived in So Cal. I am sure that some poeple will get a tad PO'd when I say this ....but... The Madame wasn't to involved with Faire. She used to do walks at Southern once or twice a season, or whenever she came into town. She had a Sgt that did the walks when she was not at Faire. She did them occassionally. It got to be that the walks were pretty much geared to their friends and it got a lot political. One sister made a huge mistake during the walk, apoligized and stopped participating but the wrath and politics made it unbearable. Quite a few of our fellow Sisters, I included, just kind of backed away from the local, which was sad. It was a great group for awhile. Now neither one of them hardly post here or attend Southern yet they are still listed as Madame and Sgt. It is a big local and the Vice Madame and girls at SLO and Santa Barbara used to do things at Northern Ren Faire till it closed. They would come to Southern sometimes. We would have invasions and get togethers but not everyone was notified when those things happened. They used to have NV and AZ in this local too until they started their own. I never could get an explanation of why they wouldn't split so that all of the state was involved. There is the Central Cal area that kind of was left floundering. I go down to RPFS a few times, the new California Northern Faire and the local Faires here in the Central Valley since I moved here last year, but mainly we are just kind of here with no direction. Not sure what you could do..perhaps check with Lars and see what he says about the situation. I will be down at least one weekend-perhaps we can all meet and at least raise a tankard in honor of our small group!

Miller's Daughter
03-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Sorcha - You're awesome. You get things done (even if it's just on the boards and messages), and I love that. And you've been so incredibly helpful. It seems to me that maybe Theresa is a hard woman to get a hold of, at least lately. *pouts*

...But I believe we can still make things happen. I will take your advice and see if I can possibly get in touch with some of the other ladies of Local 52 about meeting up.

And shame on the women that cause too much trouble (the bad kind of trouble).

I will be a little busy until after RPFS. At the moment, I've got work and school, and in a few weeks, I'll have faire, too. I'm also trying to work up a Gypsy guild (the small kind that works faire, as entertainment I guess you could say) to get in for next season - for now, though, that doesn't take up too much of my time; I'm still just planning and learning. (FYI: If any of you are interested, let me know and I'll give you the most up-to-date information I've got.)

But after RPFS, I'd like to try to get some things going. Maybe something in Orange County and then up toward the Valley. Maybe I can even get some new guild recruits ;-) down near me, and I've got a couple Rennie friends up near Paradise that might be interested, too. But back to the subject at hand... If anyone has any ideas, that would be awesome. Maybe a potluck, or a party of some sort, a nice big meet-and-greet. I'll get to planning, and probably have something all figured out before I fall asleep tonight. (It's impossible for me to sleep when I've got ideas running through my mind.) But if it's possible to do a few in different parts of our area, it might help - those who can't make a long trip could have something fairly close by, and those who can could hit a couple different ones.

I am well aware of what my actions can do for the image of the guild, and faire in general. (I don't mean that to sound like I'm being rude or like I'm offended, I'm just not quite sure how else to word it.) I've spent the past few years trying to show 'outsiders' that we're not all crazed Satan-worshippers overly-obsessed with sex (I come from a very conservative Christian family - all but my mother and me). So far, I've opened the eyes of 3 or 4 new faire-goers. (Yay for corruption! ::yay:: )

I'll try to keep everyone updated on what I'll likely have going on during faire (when I'm with my mother, a good half of my day is spent at the jousts) and what to look for to help you find me. (Misty's purple hair works wonders, I'm sure. Actually, I think I might have oooed and awed over it last year.)

MoonWench - I seem to always find myself in the Long Beach area (though I'm not quite sure what it is I'm doing up there). Maybe we could do a quick meet-up one day. Lunch or dinner or something. *shrugs*

I am determined to get some social things going for this group.

Luciana
03-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Sorcha - You're awesome. You get things done (even if it's just on the boards and messages), and I love that. And you've been so incredibly helpful. It seems to me that maybe Theresa is a hard woman to get a hold of, at least lately. *pouts*

...But I believe we can still make things happen. I will take your advice and see if I can possibly get in touch with some of the other ladies of Local 52 about meeting up.

And shame on the women that cause too much trouble (the bad kind of trouble).

I will be a little busy until after RPFS. At the moment, I've got work and school, and in a few weeks, I'll have faire, too. I'm also trying to work up a Gypsy guild (the small kind that works faire, as entertainment I guess you could say) to get in for next season - for now, though, that doesn't take up too much of my time; I'm still just planning and learning. (FYI: If any of you are interested, let me know and I'll give you the most up-to-date information I've got.)

But after RPFS, I'd like to try to get some things going. Maybe something in Orange County and then up toward the Valley. Maybe I can even get some new guild recruits ;-) down near me, and I've got a couple Rennie friends up near Paradise that might be interested, too. But back to the subject at hand... If anyone has any ideas, that would be awesome. Maybe a potluck, or a party of some sort, a nice big meet-and-greet. I'll get to planning, and probably have something all figured out before I fall asleep tonight. (It's impossible for me to sleep when I've got ideas running through my mind.) But if it's possible to do a few in different parts of our area, it might help - those who can't make a long trip could have something fairly close by, and those who can could hit a couple different ones.

I am well aware of what my actions can do for the image of the guild, and faire in general. (I don't mean that to sound like I'm being rude or like I'm offended, I'm just not quite sure how else to word it.) I've spent the past few years trying to show 'outsiders' that we're not all crazed Satan-worshippers overly-obsessed with sex (I come from a very conservative Christian family - all but my mother and me). So far, I've opened the eyes of 3 or 4 new faire-goers. (Yay for corruption! ::yay:: )

I'll try to keep everyone updated on what I'll likely have going on during faire (when I'm with my mother, a good half of my day is spent at the jousts) and what to look for to help you find me. (Misty's purple hair works wonders, I'm sure. Actually, I think I might have oooed and awed over it last year.)

MoonWench - I seem to always find myself in the Long Beach area (though I'm not quite sure what it is I'm doing up there). Maybe we could do a quick meet-up one day. Lunch or dinner or something. *shrugs*

I am determined to get some social things going for this group.

I'm interested ... I'm interested ... I'm in Orange County and one of the reasons I did not join the local is because the e-mail I send to Theresa never got an answer ... if you'll need new members count me in.

MoonWench
03-16-2007, 03:25 PM
I'd love to grab lunch/dinner/coffee/something fattening with you. :)

As for a date for the RPFS....

Does April 7th sound good to anyone? It's the first day of the faire so it will probably be a bit cooler and it does not overlap with the other SoCal faires. I'd say do it Sunday but there is that thing called Easter.

Luciana
03-16-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm not a memeber yet but I wonder if I can join you. I'll be at RPFS on May 19, I do not know if I can commit for another weekend. Still if you get together on April 7th I'll try to make it.

Miller's Daughter
03-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Guess what, ladies... My boss is wonderful!!! (How often can people say that about managers of restaurants?) Since it seems I'm the only one who is going on Sundays, I talked to him about it... I'm getting Saturdays off instead, with a couple Sundays thrown in there (that the only day my best friend can go because she's got Saturday classes).

So... to those of you (and there are many) that I didn't think I could meet for that one reason... Now I can.

*runs away, giddy, jumping up and down* ::yay:: Yay!!!

Sorcha Griannon
03-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Guess what, ladies... My boss is wonderful!!! (How often can people say that about managers of restaurants?) Since it seems I'm the only one who is going on Sundays, I talked to him about it... I'm getting Saturdays off instead, with a couple Sundays thrown in there (that the only day my best friend can go because she's got Saturday classes).

So... to those of you (and there are many) that I didn't think I could meet for that one reason... Now I can.

*runs away, giddy, jumping up and down* ::yay:: Yay!!!

Glad to hear it! And thanks for the compliments in the earlier post, lol.

Like I said before, I'm 90 % sure I'm there on the 7th. And the best place to find me is at the first show of the day at the Rogue's Reef for the Boggards. That may the the easiest place to gather, esp since the Reef is towards the back end of the faire (if I remember correctly, lol). Time? That's up to you all...

Sorcha

MoonWench
03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Getting to me all of you in person and see the Boggards? I am so there. With bells on! (Ok, maybe not literally but you get the idea.)

Sorcha Griannon
03-26-2007, 10:11 PM
::hearye::

Ok, I've made a new thread for RPFS and getting together there. Please, read that post and get back to me. Thanks a bunch!

Sorcha

Theresa Grant
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Bronya has a point from her perspective, but after 2 years of inactivity, let me share mine. You can take it or leave it as you move forward as a Local. :)

Until 2003 I was very active in faires, all faires. You can go back to our private Local website and see how involved I was. We kicked off at Palm Springs (which was our training and season warm-up walk) and kept going until Northern ended. We had walks, rose tag, soak-a-bloke, rope walks, grape dives, and off-season picnics. Around 2004 I saw a change coming in my personal business that really required more commitment for my personal time, however. For those of you who don't know, I am a real estate broker. This means that my weekends are in very high demand, and every time I came to faire I was literally turning down money. That wasn't being fair to my family. I was asking, begging and pleading for people to volunteer to be trained as Drill Sargeants, Song Leaders, etc. but no one wanted to step up to the plate and make a commitment to be trained. I told Lars then that the writing was on the wall for me, and 2004 would probably be my last season. I stretched it out to 2005 but many IWG members knew I was short-timing it. :) At that time I had a serious health issue that not many people knew about because frankly, it wasn't anyone else's business.

One of the problems we have had since 2004 is that no matter how much I asked, and then told, people to split off they just didn't take the steps to do it. Frankly, there are so many IWG members in California alone that each faire, even the small ones, probably has the required 10 wenches to start a Local. It would be absolutely PERFECT for 52 to splinter off and really hold strong on membership at all faires. Yes, it takes time and yes, it takes a lot of politics to keep the IWG in good graces with management of faires. But it's worth the effort. I would encourage you all to think about where your central faire is and consider making Locals.

The downside to all this is that you will, as Madames of Locals, catch a lot of flak and outright misrepresentation. You'll have to take responsibility for the people who mess you up, and take a hard line with members who want to treat the IWG like a beauty pageant. For example, there were the IWG members at Northern who told other IWG members they couldn't wench walk because they weren't pretty enough. There were IWG members who wanted me to tell another member she wasn't allowed to walk with, let alone be a member, of Local 52 because she had actually been born a man. There were IWG members who petitioned me to pull someone's pin for massive drunk in public issues, and then there was the catfight over a boyfriend. Then there are the complaints from faire management. In short, there are a lot of hard things I faced as Madame that you will also.

One of the things that kept my interest up was the ladies who did show up to walk and really put themselves into it despite the increasing heat and lack of shade that always popped up. When the walk turned into a three-strikes walk, everyone knew the drill: Pick someone we know will accept the walk every other hit, and be sure to get in patrons in between, preferably at least one two-fer (which is when you find a group of older husbands/wives and get them involved two at a time. It's tons of fun!)

This Local doesn't have the same "closeness" as other Locals due to its sheer size and overall geography. If you compare us to, say, Local 42 for example they cover ONE faire, and they are all within a compressed geographical area. They can meet for dinner and no one drives more than 45 minutes, tops. For us, if we call an All-Hands session we've got the entire state of California trying to meet up. It doesn't happen. It's not logistically possible. It's not reasonable to compare yourselves to the other Locals when it comes to club-like activities, especially east coast Locals. They're not as stretched as we are when it comes to sheer land mass.

What you CAN compare is that in several Locals back east, wench walks are not allowed period, at all, end of quote. We've been able to keep them on the west coast. On the east coast they wench someone by appointment only, and when they're done they all go their separate ways and meet up again later in the day usually for a final drink. On the west coast, many wenches stay together all day long, attend shows together, etc. East coast isn't better than west coast, west coast isn't better than east coast. It's just *different* because we're dealing with different locales, weather patterns, faire managements, and general restrictions.

I would urge you all to go into the 2007 season with an eye open for how you, individually, can organize and bring some life not just into your experience at faire but also draw in the patrons. That's the fun of being in the IWG. Our pay comes from the awed look in a guy's eyes, or from a woman who comes up and says "You ladies are fabulous, who ARE you?" Dust off rose tag. Put together a clover apple. Bring some rope and play rogue-tac-toe.

Remember that Wenches are strong. We are women who embrace our sensuality without selling it to the highest bidder. We are Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness. We are sisters, friends, aunts, mothers, cousins, and we come from all walks of life. From the A-cup to the DD-cup (or beyond!) what counts is what's inside, not what's on display.

If anyone wants to be trained for walks and such, tell me. It's a lot of planning and work but it's way cool and never, ever, ever have I ended a walk and thought "Gee, I'd rather have watched paint dry." ;) You will have a GREAT time. You will learn things about yourself, and your sense of style and showmanship, that maybe you didn't know.

Get out there and have some FUN.! You know you wanna... :)

Blessings,

Sorcha Griannon
04-05-2007, 01:14 AM
One of the problems we have had since 2004 is that no matter how much I asked, and then told, people to split off they just didn't take the steps to do it. Frankly, there are so many IWG members in California alone that each faire, even the small ones, probably has the required 10 wenches to start a Local. It would be absolutely PERFECT for 52 to splinter off and really hold strong on membership at all faires. Yes, it takes time and yes, it takes a lot of politics to keep the IWG in good graces with management of faires. But it's worth the effort. I would encourage you all to think about where your central faire is and consider making Locals.
I, at the time, was not as active as I am now, due to moving to Arizona, then back here, then the pregnancy and baby. I now have more time to devote to the guild. I think splitting off at least 3 areas in California would be a good start, namely northern/central, San Diego area (up to, possibly, lower OC), and the LA/OC/IE area.

The downside to all this is that you will, as Madames of Locals, catch a lot of flak and outright misrepresentation. You'll have to take responsibility for the people who mess you up, and take a hard line with members who want to treat the IWG like a beauty pageant.
{As a disclaimer to my following post...I am not saying that I am going to put in to be the local madame. There are many more qualified ladies out there with a hell of a lot more personality and who are friendlier, lol. But I may be interested}
In regards to the above, I'm in that position at work many times. Between trying to educate the (sometimes) unwilling customers, dealing with fallout over one issue or another and enforcing the rules, I feel like pulling out my hair, lol. No, seriously, it's not all fun and games, which I understand. For those that don't know, I work in a pharmacy as the head tech. Unfortunately, I tend to be more a supervision/manager a lot of the times, especially this last couple weeks when the boss was in the hospital. When you have a 6' tall 300lb junkie trying to intimidate you into getting his drugs early, you learn to stick to your guns on some things.

I would urge you all to go into the 2007 season with an eye open for how you, individually, can organize and bring some life not just into your experience at faire but also draw in the patrons. That's the fun of being in the IWG. Our pay comes from the awed look in a guy's eyes, or from a woman who comes up and says "You ladies are fabulous, who ARE you?" Dust off rose tag. Put together a clover apple. Bring some rope and play rogue-tac-toe.
I'm trying to get something organized, to see what others interests lie, and how best to go about doing it. Right now, I've got a meet-and-greet set for the 14th, and thinking a picnic that day as well...we'll see. Way back, when there were regularly scheduled wench walks, I was ALWAY working Ale 6, lol...I almost would swear it was planned. I'd either be just starting when the walk did, or get off my shift after the walk started. I'm looking into it all...research is fun, lol.

If anyone wants to be trained for walks and such, tell me. It's a lot of planning and work but it's way cool and never, ever, ever have I ended a walk and thought "Gee, I'd rather have watched paint dry." ;) You will have a GREAT time. You will learn things about yourself, and your sense of style and showmanship, that maybe you didn't know.
We have been playing email tag today, lol...but, I'll post here too. I am more than willing to train for walks. The time we got together in 2004, there was just you, another lady, and myself (at the time, didn't know I was pregnant, and really not feeling well) I had hoped to learn more, but there was really any time. Hopefully we'll be able to change that.

Sorcha

Theresa Grant
04-05-2007, 09:43 PM
What you all may want to consider for now is an expansion of how we used to operate around 2004 or so until you can officially get hostels and all those fun required things to actually form a new Local. It's also great for training and getting everyone up to speed. What I'm talking about is deciding which faires are large enough to split out, and then have co Vice-Madames who are also walk leaders, etc. under the established Local Madame. That way you can get more coverage and fun at faires leadership can't regularly attend, but there is someone on site who is officially official and knows what to do. When you have all the paperwork set up and Lars approves the new Local, the Vice-Madame becomes the Madame.

Just a thought to help streamline things, if that's the way things begin to move. Even WITHOUT splintering, it's not a bad idea to have several Vice-Madames in territories like that.

Miller's Daughter
04-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I am all up for a game of rose-tag. Never done that before. Then again, I haven't really done a whole lot of anything, to be quite honest.

I am also up for splitting off and creating smaller locals. My problem is, I don't think I'm qualified. With just over one year in the IWG, no real experience, and hardly any solid information/knowledge (and I'm not entirely sure where to acquire any more than I remember from my Little Brown Book, which is lost in the abyss of my storage unit and I have no idea how to get another one), I simply don't think it would be allowed. Otherwise, I'd do what I could to get an OC/LA/probably IE local going. Picinics, off-season Poxy Boggard shows, meet-ups at the local faires...

(So does anybody know how I could get my hands on a new LBB? lol...)

Out of curiosity, can you even 'pull someone's pin'? I've never heard of it being done... And what is a three-strikes walk? (Just trying to learn, here...)

I would love to be trained for Wench Walks and whatnot.

I know we're a large local, and that makes it hard to do a lot of the things that some of the other, smaller locals do, but still... I, personally, like that 'family' feeling. I know that those of us in Southern California can't exactly be best of friends with those of us in Northern California due to the amount of physical space between us, but I'd like to see some of these wonderful women finding friends in other wonderful women in their area.