PDA

View Full Version : RPFS Gathering update...

Sorcha Griannon
03-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Ok, here's the scoop...
I'll be there the 2nd weekend, (4/14/07) not the first, due to a few scheduling issues that have come to light and the fact the boss is out till who knows when (emergency surgery) and I need to keep an eye on the pharmacy for a couple weeks. Ugg...always happens.
Ok, for those that want to get together, if for nothing else but to picnic/meet-and-greet/sing to the Boggards;) I'm going to go ahead and set a date and time.

This is the Rogues Reef schedule for the first show's of the day...I'd say, meet up at the Reef at 10:45-ish for the first show. We can get seats up front for the show...and I'm sure we'll have the opportunity to sing along to the Good Ship Venus (or, rather, "yell penis at the top of our lungs"...if you've seen the show, you KNOW the next line:) ). We can play it up well, sing, interact (when prompted), but remember this...do not interupt the show. We want to make a good name for ourselves, in whatever we might do.
Rogues Reef-
NC-17 Stage
11:00 The Poxy Boggards
11:30 The Merry Wives of Windsor
12:00 Sound & Fury

I do need to know who's planning on meetnig up so we can get something planned. I don't mind working on this, but I'd rather know someone is coming, lol...I fear thinking of something to do and no one show, or not bothering and have a dozen eye's staring at me wanting to know what's next. Post to this thread if you are interested. And ideas? Either post what you like to do, or pm me with it. If you want to do a Walk, we'll talk. I do request each person wanting to do one make favors to give out.

Sorcha

Bronya
03-26-2007, 10:46 PM
I think you mean April- donchasweetie? I don't think I will be down until the end of April. Perhaps when I get a weekend set in stone, it could match up to all the rest of you? I will post as soon as I know a weekend. This makes me sad, the first opening weekend of the Best and Oldest Faire RPFS, I have missed in almost 10 years....

Sorcha Griannon
03-27-2007, 01:03 AM
I think you mean April- donchasweetie? I don't think I will be down until the end of April. Perhaps when I get a weekend set in stone, it could match up to all the rest of you? I will post as soon as I know a weekend. This makes me sad, the first opening weekend of the Best and Oldest Faire RPFS, I have missed in almost 10 years....
LOL I can't believe I did that....all fixed now.
Hey, I plan on going a few times, so let me know when you are going. I'll make sure I get there;-)
Ya, I'm feeling pretty sad about missing opening weekend too...I wouldn't care if it was raining, I'd still like to be there.

Sorcha

Miller's Daughter
03-28-2007, 01:58 AM
This is the Rogues Reef schedule for the first show's of the day...I'd say, meet up at the Reef at 10:45-ish for the first show.

If you want to do a Walk, we'll talk. I do request each person wanting to do one make favors to give out.

Rogues Reef at 10:45, second Saturday - I'll be there. Quite possibly with bells on. I love the Boggards, am getting sucked into Merry Wives, and after all these years, have yet to see a whole Sound & Fury show. Besides, after being so vocal about wanting to do something together, how can I miss this?

I would very much like to do a Walk. I'm already working on favors, but I've never done them before, and I'm having some issues with them, so I'm not sure they'll all turn out. (The girls get gold rings, boys get pirate eye patches, so the kids are easy, but the pins - I hope they work out alright. Those will be fake lilies with a silver or gold heart in the center that say "Love, Lily").

I'll be sure to keep an eye on this board till then...

~Little Lily

Sorcha Griannon
03-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Great....that's 1, lol....

Sorcha

Bronya
03-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I will try to come down 2nd weekend also. Just remember that even tho the madame of this local does not really have much to do with it, WE CANNOT DO WALKS WITHOUT HER OR THE DRILL SGT! That is the rule!!! Much as I hate it too, until something changes, we just have to be friends that meet and walk the shire, politely, as ladies and not in the name of IWG. I know a lot of people from all the years of attending and perhaps we will run into some Sister's who want to raise a tankard with us. We will set our sundials as it gets closer.

Miller's Daughter
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
*walks off, grumbling* ...But I wanna do a wench walk... *sniff*

Bronya
03-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Walks are really a lot of fun and the platrons love them but the Faire has rules we (the IWG) must follow ie: We have to have "guards", approval from Faire, scheduled at a certain time, certain areas we can walk in and it always must be PG. This is also a new ownership and a new Faire location and since it has been many years since we had any kind of leadership, I am not sure they would even approve a walk. I have talked with Sorcha and I believe she is going to try to start some kind of communication with Lars about this problem in our local and perhaps next year we might be more organized. Until then, meet at Rogue's Reef, have a tankard of mead and wander the shire, laugh with our fellow sisters, enjoy and be proud of the best, the greatest and the Faire that started this whole revolution of Renaissance Faires-The Renaissance Pleasure Faire!!!

Sorcha Griannon
03-31-2007, 07:49 PM
Walks are really a lot of fun and the platrons love them but the Faire has rules we (the IWG) must follow ie: We have to have "guards", approval from Faire, scheduled at a certain time, certain areas we can walk in and it always must be PG. This is also a new ownership and a new Faire location and since it has been many years since we had any kind of leadership, I am not sure they would even approve a walk. I have talked with Sorcha and I believe she is going to try to start some kind of communication with Lars about this problem in our local and perhaps next year we might be more organized. Until then, meet at Rogue's Reef, have a tankard of mead and wander the shire, laugh with our fellow sisters, enjoy and be proud of the best, the greatest and the Faire that started this whole revolution of Renaissance Faires-The Renaissance Pleasure Faire!!!
Right, like Bronya said. I am working on getting ahold of Theresa, so, till then, I can't guarentee any walks. That's why I've been more towards just meeting and greeting, picnics...but I won't totally rule out walks just yet:) There are channels to go through and rules to follow. But don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen...

Sorcha

Mistress Morigianna
03-31-2007, 10:47 PM
blantent plug-
remember that Dragonmarsh is just down the 60 freeway (orthe 210 to 215 to 91) COme visit.
we noramally close a 6:30 but if you arrange beforehand I can be there later.

new store new store new store!!!!
3643 University Ave
riverside, ca 92501
951 276-1116

MoonWench
03-31-2007, 11:32 PM
:( I'm bummed that I won't be able to join you ladies because I will be working Escondido. So you will all have to take a lot of pictures and post them here. this way I can enjoy the meeting second hand.

Sorcha Griannon
04-01-2007, 01:48 AM
:( I'm bummed that I won't be able to join you ladies because I will be working Escondido. So you will all have to take a lot of pictures and post them here. this way I can enjoy the meeting second hand.
Hey, I might have to come visit Escondido then:)

Sorcha

MoonWench
04-01-2007, 04:15 AM
Yes, please come visit Esco. or Corona!