View Full Version : Uhm, ladies?

Theresa Grant
04-04-2007, 08:43 PM
I've been getting some increased mail lately with people wanting to join the Local and the IWG. I've been responding by sending people here. Then I got mail from Sorcha asking me about the season and organizing walks, etc. It dawned on me that somewhere along the way with the site being redone and all that spiffy stuff that perhaps something got deleted and/or forgotten:

I resigned as Madame of Local 52 almost 2 years ago. There was a lovely post about it here as well as on LiveJournal and to the Madame's section of LiveJournal. I have the post archived somewhere and if I can find it I'll put it up, but basically...

After bringing the IWG to the west coast, and helping other Locals start, and being the Madame for (holy god) almost a decade, and all that entails with it, my life changed in priority. When RPFS moved out to Irwindale it seemed an opportune time to follow up with those changes, so I resigned.

As Madame Emeritus I can still help you out. I can call a walk, lead a walk, do all the wenchly stuff but I'm no longer in charge. I just don't have the time to attend faire much anymore, bottom line.

So now I see there's some confusion, and I'm here to tell you "1,2,3, NOT IT!" I can certainly help you with your relationships with different faire managements, I can help you organize an election, I can help you get your sassy selves out there, but I won't be stepping back up as Madame nor will I be running again.

Love you all, but come on. I deserve my quiet and peaceful retirement. ;)

Theresa Grant
04-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Oh, and one other thing -- I know you guys want to walk. I just read up on the forum and yes, there are rules and no, you're not high and dry. I will probably get out to RPFS once this season, and of course Cat, your Madame of Vice, can lead a walk at anytime, anywhere, with bells on. If you want a walk I'll make plans to come out to faire. Our strongest obstacle is getting qualified guards, actually.

Sorcha Griannon
04-04-2007, 11:34 PM
So now I see there's some confusion, and I'm here to tell you "1,2,3, NOT IT!"

Ok, I am picturing a wench version of duck duck goose on that one. Enjoy the retirement! Actually, you cleared up some questions I had in the emails.

04-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Our strongest obstacle is getting qualified guards, actually.

Happy retirement! I was at SCFP two years ago at the new location and it was quite lovely!

The Bristol wenches were worried about the new guard rules, too, but once we got the word out last season, we had 5 lovely gents sign up with the Mercs to be our guards. Good luck!