PDA

View Full Version : Looking for artist

Mairi the Herbwench
09-09-2003, 12:01 PM
As many of you know, I belong to a living history group, Clann Tartan. We have different levels of "Muster" - kinda similar to badges in scouting. For 2nd level, we earn a cockade - a yellow badge to be worn on the bonnet or bodice. For 4th level we have "Gaffney's Own" badge. There is a level beyond that, however, that designates one as an "elder" or "Corporal of the Camp". Right now, there is no special badge or anything that goes with it, just a certificate (suitable for framing.) I would like to make badges/pins to give to these people, but I'm still at stick figure stage of drawing. I would like to keep this simple - I may make a mold and do Fimo or some such or I may embrodier something. I would like to incorporate the CC and maybe a thistle of something. I kinda had an idea of the two Cs facing each other like a heart and the thistle in the middle, but I'm very open for ideas.

Oh - I can't pay anything, but I'll be sure to give full credit! Thanks!

Oh - I can be reached at [email protected]

Isabella
09-20-2003, 11:09 PM
Hm...consider making Femo ones out of metal looking stuff? You can make some neat ones with a cool rubber stamp design. I've got some sterling silver thistles, but that's that easy, and cheap and those can be made in large qualities.

I've got a neat thistle pendant that I sell. I can show you, if you want. Let me post it and repost here. But that isn't free, and you wanted free..hmm...

Isabella
09-20-2003, 11:39 PM
Thistle Pendant (http://www.elvenvoices.com/Thistle.htm)

This is the pendant. :)

Mairi the Herbwench
09-22-2003, 11:04 AM
That is a gorgeous pendant, and if I was buying one, I'd consider it. I'm mostly looking for design help, since, like I said, I'm still at the stick figure stage of drawing. But thanks anyway! You're the only one who responded...

Isabella
09-23-2003, 06:52 AM
I'd be happy to design something. :) I do paint, and draw. What were you looking for? Can you offer me similar photos and ideas of it? I also sculpt, and can make forms for pressing femo into. :) Then I could make a form, and you could do pin with it. :) It's all easy :)