PDA

View Full Version : GARF Invasion 2007

WhiskeyFyre
04-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Announcing GARF Invasion 2007!!!!

This year promises to be good one! Lots of things planned and going on! First things first. I’m sure all of ya’ll miscreants would like hotel information and dinner information – that is listed below. I hope everyone will enjoy themselves. Can’t wait to see everyone – new and old invaders alike.

Events: Group photo to take place on Saturday – time and place TBA. I will forward this information after the beginning of faire (April 14th), need to check entertainment schedules, etc so we don’t interfere with cast.

Movie: As most of you know the third Pirates movie will be out on Friday, May 25th. We are planning for a group of us to dress up in garb and attend a showing that night. Please contact me if you are interested in going.

Game: My Sgt. At Arms is running Romance Wars this year. This game starts at the beginning of our faire run and will be played throughout Invasion weekend. Rose Tag will be added to Wars for Invasion weekend only. An amendment to the rules of Rose Tag – no whipped cream roses to be sent or executed on faire grounds. Yes, this means the game will continue even after faire hours. Rules and regulations for Romance Wars will be provided throughout the weekend – you can join at anytime. Winners for the weekend will be determined and awarded at the end of the day on Sunday.

Guild Hostel: We now have a guild hostel. It is located at the Hair Stix booth up the hill from the pirate ship and next door to Wiley Woven Wire. My Sgt. at Arms - Foxfire (Tammie)and her boss Jennifer work at the booth - if you need to make use of the hostel please be nice to them. You are welcome to drop things off that you don't wish to carry - we ask that you pick your items up before closing - I will have a bin in the back for these things as well as tags for you to put your name and phone number on too. If you forget - not to worry - I will bring the bin back to my hotel room - and any items left after the weekend is over I will contact those individuals and make sure they are returned to you.

Tickets for GARF: Also - for those who don't care to stand in line for tickets...you can now purchase and print your tickets online at www.georgiarenaissancefestival.com

Dinner: The restaurant is Pizza Hut just down the street. Everyone who is interested in joining us for Invasion Dinner I will need you to RSVP to me personally at [email protected] or through myspace… www.myspace.com/whiskeyfyre
I need a head count in order to be able to reserve the entire place for ourselves – I have already talked to them about this and they are willing. I need RSVP’s by May 5th Thankyou!
Hotel Information: You must mention “Invasion 2007” as the group name.
Comfort Inn - Union City
(770) 306-2677
Only five miles away from the festival fairgrounds, the AAA 3-Diamond Rated Comfort Inn is the place to spend a night after a day of fun and entertainment. Whether it's the indoor pool and heated whirlpool or the deluxe continental breakfast, you'll enjoy your stay with us. All our rooms have 75+ channels (HBO, CNN, ESPN...) cable TV's with VCRs & DVD players, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons with full size ironing boards and wired & wireless high speed internet access! We're located at the entrance to Union Station, formerly known as Shannon Mall, and are within walking distance to dozens of fast food outlets and restaurants.
Visit their website at http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel/ga299

Rates: Our rates this year have gone up a few dollars ($4 to be exact) due to the new renovations and amenities that the Comfort Inn has added. Rates = $62/night for 1 king or $64/night for 2 Queens.

I do have rooms blocked for us. Reservations must be made by April 30th. If you do not make your reservations by this date it is not a guarantee that you will get a room – although you will STILL get the rate when you mention the group name.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding GARF Invasion 2007 – please contact me at: [email protected] or 770-324-4344.

Thankyou!
-Whiskey Fyre O’Brien, IWG# 2100, Madame for Local 74
(aka Brandy Franklin