PDA

View Full Version : colors

Morrigan
01-29-2003, 01:02 PM
okies.. decided i want new outfit for Scarby this year... my normal outfit if kinda of rusty red color skirt ... and now thinking i want to go purple skirt... but can't decide.... i mean.. is purple allowed or acceptable?
Sigh i hate being out of the loop!

emalia
01-29-2003, 01:05 PM
It is always best to check with your local. If you are on cast, I would have to say a definate No on the purple unless you are the Queen. if you are someone that just goes to the festivals and doesn't partiiapte.. Than sew on with the purple.

Just my .02

Nevada
02-02-2003, 10:41 AM
I am going to Scarby also...am currently working on a bright blue garb...that is if I can get the evil spirits to vacate the sewing machine

Beatriz
02-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Are you on cast?
Are you a boothie?
Are you otherwise employed at the faire?

If the answer to all of these questions are no, then wear what you wanna wear.

Personally, I wear a purple bodice. With a black skirt that I am in the process of embroidering purple spiders all over. Purple feathers. Screaming purple bells. All sorts of purple accessories. If you're paying to get in wear what you love!!

Isabella
03-15-2003, 04:21 AM
Hi!
If you work faire and are a lower class, think of natural colours. Browns, green, burgandy, blues, and tans. Orange (saffron tones) is seen Ireland, but then later banned by the King of England before the rein of Elizabeth Regina, at the beginning of the placement of the sumptry laws.

All these colour questions come into the sumptry laws rule. If you work the faire you have to follow the laws, because you are a peasant of the shire. If you aren't a peasant of the shire, and a playtron coming to visit, wear what you like! It's as easy as that.

Just remember, if it was easy to find in the woods out back, then you could wear it. White was strickly for nobility, becaue it was bleached with baby urine, and layed in the sun, for many weeks. So this process was expensive. So creams, or coloured chemises are great. ;) Plus fun! Tho my favorite are cream linen chemises. They breath. We're tossing around making Hemp chemises. They are awesome. :)

If you read on the Elizabethian costuming page, you should be able to find information you need, if you need to follow laws of the land for working at the faire.

If you don't work the faire and just want to dress, it's your hearts delight then!

~EV~