PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of reality shows...

Honey Bee
01-29-2003, 01:31 PM
...did anybody catch the show on Fox Monday night called Bridezilla? :hearts: It was a reality show about 8 women planning their weddings, and it was hilarious! It showed these women being totally awful bride-to-be's, and I wondered how anybody would want to marry them. And I really felt sorry for the grooms-to-be, cuz none of them got any say-so in how their wedding would be.

But in the end all the weddings went OK, even tho one had a beef about the cocktail hour at her reception only lasting 20 minutes.

Can you imagine spending $100,000 on a wedding? You could buy a house for that much!

If this comes on again as a rerun, WATCH IT! Especially if you need a good laugh.

emalia
01-29-2003, 02:21 PM
I think I am realizing many things about myself lately, but I can't imagine spending $100,000 on a wedding. That is a 4 bedroom house!!! I can' however imagin spending $5-6,000 on a wedding, as long as EVERYONE comes away happy.

I also can't see excluding the groom from the wedding planning. It is definately his wedding too and should be just as enjoyable for him!

Aries
01-29-2003, 03:34 PM
Well....LOL, Where I live, there's no way I could even buy a one room shack for 100,000....but it would be a downpayment!

I must not lie however....Draco and I spent a small fortune on our wedding. We'd both been married before, and we both wanted everything we couldn't or didn't have the first time around. We did the exact oposite what most do for a second wedding....we went LARGER! I don't recall exact numbers....but when ALL was said and done...I KNOW the hall (A Castle) cost 20,000....then there were minstrels for the ceremony, herald trumpeteers outside heralding all our arriving guest, photographer, dj....I would guess our grand total was about $40,000 or $50,000.

But hey if you want to see some pictures you can go this link!
http://hometown.aol.com/wench256/index.html

Bonnie
01-29-2003, 03:54 PM
ooooh! wow! beautiful wedding!!!!

that had to be a dream day for you, and not just because you were getting married. that setting was amazing!

Ariyana Dragonwagon
01-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Oh Aries, what a lovely and magical day for you!!! A belated congratulations to you and your lovely family!

It really appears to have been a dream wedding...

emalia
01-30-2003, 08:20 AM
I must fully agree! You make a most beautiful bride!