PDA

View Full Version : Ladies of the 35

Jess Devyne
05-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Last week was not a good week.

My 14 year old niece, Mandy Brown, was killed in a car wreck on the 19th of May. Our family has had to deal with the pain of losing one of our babies....and the healing is still yet to come.

Now, I had started previously (as in months ago) began attempting to get us together before faire. That's probably not going to work at this point. I am, however, going to get some "business" cards made and hand them out to the pinned wenches at the ticket booths. Those of you who are on the boards, please let me know how to reach you, I would truly love to try to get our members together and work on a game plan for working with faire management. I have sent emails to Betty, to no avail. I am of the mind set that I just need to get a proposal together (with photos) and approach her on site. Again, anyone willing to help, please step up now and let's get busy wenching!

AnnaFaerie
05-30-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

My heart goes out to you and your family. Too loose anyone in your family is hard. To loose a young one is beyond horrible.

Mistress Tafra
05-30-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm so sorry about your neice, that's really sad, so young.

I'm new to the local (still waiting for my pin), but would love to do whatever I can. I live right here in Larkspur too, so I am available...what do you need from me?

FairieTink
05-30-2007, 04:51 PM
*hugs* Hun, I sent a hug to you with the Mike's ex... I totally forgot her name.....

Let me know what, if anything I can do from here, either to help you and the family or to help out with faire

Pansy Faye
05-30-2007, 04:56 PM
So sorry for your loss.
There are just no words to convey my sympathies at the loss of a child.
I cry with you.

Peaches O Malley
05-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Jess I am soo sorry.::hug::::bighug:: Let me know if ther is anything I can do.

Francesca de la Calabreze
05-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Last week was not a good week.

My 14 year old niece, Mandy Brown, was killed in a car wreck on the 19th of May. Our family has had to deal with the pain of losing one of our babies....and the healing is still yet to come.

Now, I had started previously (as in months ago) began attempting to get us together before faire. That's probably not going to work at this point. I am, however, going to get some "business" cards made and hand them out to the pinned wenches at the ticket booths. Those of you who are on the boards, please let me know how to reach you, I would truly love to try to get our members together and work on a game plan for working with faire management. I have sent emails to Betty, to no avail. I am of the mind set that I just need to get a proposal together (with photos) and approach her on site. Again, anyone willing to help, please step up now and let's get busy wenching!

Hugs as usual (see you Saturday)...

Re getting together, do we want to meet opening weekend sometime up at Dancing Bear (away from Pirates Pub) for a quick meet and greet for those of us not working?.... Say about noonish on Sat or Sun ????

Mistress Tafra
05-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Hugs as usual (see you Saturday)...

Re getting together, do we want to meet opening weekend sometime up at Dancing Bear (away from Pirates Pub) for a quick meet and greet for those of us not working?.... Say about noonish on Sat or Sun ????

Would newbies (me) be welcome too?

Jess Devyne
05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Would newbies (me) be welcome too?

Sounds like a great plan, Frannie!

Tafra, you would be more than welcome! Anyone who will be there, please try to come up to see us!

Adriana Rose
06-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Jess I am soo sorry for your loss!! Lots of hugs coming your way!
You'll get the real ones after the baby comes, the doc's forbade me to leave the valley until after he comes.. (mum will be there)

I am sooo sorry!

Jess Devyne
06-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Jess I am soo sorry for your loss!! Lots of hugs coming your way!
You'll get the real ones after the baby comes, the doc's forbade me to leave the valley until after he comes.. (mum will be there)

I am sooo sorry!

Thanks love.

Can't wait to see you and the baby. I'll stop and talk to your mom to check on the progress!

Seamstress Cricket
06-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I am soooooo sorry for your loss. :-( My prayers and hugs for you and your family.
No, I can't be at the Ren. fest Saturday, I have to work. Is there some other time we can get together? My store closes on the 11th, so I can go anytime after.

Mayden
06-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I am SO sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you're feeling.

I would really love to help out any way I can. I don't work the Faire but am willing to meet and help anytime. Please just let me know what I can do. I'm going to try to be more active here as well.

I may or may not be there this Saturday, but please let me know what you might need help with.

Jess Devyne
06-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I am SO sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you're feeling.

I would really love to help out any way I can. I don't work the Faire but am willing to meet and help anytime. Please just let me know what I can do. I'm going to try to be more active here as well.

I may or may not be there this Saturday, but please let me know what you might need help with.

Thanks so much. It gets better as time goes. My sister has been put on short term disability, but she's doing better.

Please come look for me. If you are interested, pm me and I will send you my cell number.