PDA

View Full Version : Ride for Autism...

SpeedKnight
06-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Ok, Wenches...

I am an avid cyclist. I recently rode my BICYCLE for 135 miles to raise $525 for the American Lung Association of New Hampshire.

Now, I want to do a bike ride for something that hits closer to home. I want to do a ride that benefits children with Autism. My eldest child has VERY VERY mild Asperger's Syndrome (a form of Autism), so this sort of ride hits much closer toi home.

If anyone knows of any rides anywhere near Portsmouth, NH that fit this bill, please let me know!

Gretchen
08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Ok, Wenches...

I am an avid cyclist. I recently rode my BICYCLE for 135 miles to raise $525 for the American Lung Association of New Hampshire.

Now, I want to do a bike ride for something that hits closer to home. I want to do a ride that benefits children with Autism. My eldest child has VERY VERY mild Asperger's Syndrome (a form of Autism), so this sort of ride hits much closer toi home.

If anyone knows of any rides anywhere near Portsmouth, NH that fit this bill, please let me know!

Good Luck on your journeys! You're wonderful to donate your time & efforts for such worthy causes! ::bighug::

Our eldest is mildly autistic, which means he is not eliglible for any of the wonderful local programs for handicapped children/adults, because they're only for mental retardation, & other health/development issues - Autism, especially if it's a mild form, isn't included. :( Even the group home project we've been helping out with, through our church, won't be available to him, no matter how much he may need it. It's only for adults diagnosed with Mental Retardation. There are no other group homes available to him, either. It's hard to believe that in this metro area, in this day & age, decent programs/opportunities are so scarce, even non-existant.