PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ.....You'll be glad you did.

Tink
01-29-2003, 09:38 PM
My dear friend Mary (in truth, more like a sister) who, I swear to you all is THE sweetest, purest soul you could ever meet, just launched the following website:

http://www.marystolfacancerfoundation.com/

She just finished her chemotherapy this past November, and knock on wood...is now cancer free. She is an inspiration to me. Whenever I think things are going bad for me, I think of her and what she has endured and I am simultaneously awed by her indomitable spirit and humbled for daring to think anything I've gone through gives me the right to complain.

I love this girl and would take a bullet for her, and as I write this I'm welling up with tears.... joyful to still have her and SOOOOO proud of her and I just wanted to share this site and her story with you all. So please visit the site, tell a friend....especially anyone you know who is dealing with breast cancer, so they can see that it doesn't have to be a death sentence.

On an additional happy note:
She'll be getting married this July to a member of the NYPD, Peter, who stuck by her through everything. They are an inspiration and a testament to the fact that true love does exist and furthermore endures, through good, bad, sickness and health. :D

Amethyst
01-31-2003, 07:24 PM
<grabbing for the kleenex box after reading the most heartwarming story of a very courageous woman>

Tink,

Thank you so very much for sharing this story. I think I am going to add the link to her story to my site. Please give her a hug from this complete stranger and tell her I admire her. Heck, the next time I am in NY I would love to meet her...does she ever go to faire with you?

Amethyst

jillian
02-01-2003, 05:02 AM
Not only is her story touching, but the fact that you wonderful wenches care touches me.

Thanks for sharing this. It put a few things in perspective for me.

Cheers,

Tink
02-01-2003, 07:49 PM
<grabbing for the kleenex box after reading the most heartwarming story of a very courageous woman>

Tink,

Thank you so very much for sharing this story. I think I am going to add the link to her story to my site. Please give her a hug from this complete stranger and tell her I admire her. Heck, the next time I am in NY I would love to meet her...does she ever go to faire with you?

Amethyst

No, she never goes to faire.....although I would LOVE to get her up there one day. I will tell her about the link...she'll be pleased. Thank you. :D