PDA

View Full Version : Silverleaf started

RubyRedAnn
07-08-2007, 12:43 AM
I went to Silverleaf in Battle Creek area today. I attended alone because of was out in the area and my roomie couldn't attend. I was very pleased with the second year at that site. There are more shops, a central food court, shaded eating area, shaded stages and Bocca Musica. No pub to refill your blue glass bottles but homemade lemonade. Even being alone, though never truly alone in a ren faire family, I had an enjoyable time and was there over four hours.

For it being the first day, I saw no issues and it felt like the faire had been on for several weeks.

Annie

Gretchen
07-28-2007, 12:10 AM
I went to Silverleaf in Battle Creek area today. I attended alone because of was out in the area and my roomie couldn't attend. I was very pleased with the second year at that site. There are more shops, a central food court, shaded eating area, shaded stages and Bocca Musica. No pub to refill your blue glass bottles but homemade lemonade. Even being alone, though never truly alone in a ren faire family, I had an enjoyable time and was there over four hours.

For it being the first day, I saw no issues and it felt like the faire had been on for several weeks.

Annie

We went & had a good time! I spend too much time shopping & missed most of the shows. :( Missed the giant rocking horses! Yummy food & drink, though! note to self: Save more money to buy more stuff! :D Never did get a chance to meet up with other wenches. :( Traveling with kids makes it a bit hard - I felt like I was running around in circles all day! :grouphug:

RubyRedAnn
07-28-2007, 03:11 AM
I'll be there the last weekend with the roomie. It'll be his first ren faire and he's ready to wear his kilt.

My roomie is getting a new job so his attendance to MIRF will be a wait and see. But my new Rogue is ready to go to MIRF. He insisted we attend Sleaf the second weekend. He didn't have his kilt but he was in garb. He has his kilt now and is so ready to wear it.

Annie

RubyRedAnn
08-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Ok, since I posted about the first week of Silverleaf, this weekend coming up is the last. I should be there with the roomie and my nephew. It'll be his second year. I have a new kilt for him.

I have clients to see out in that area so it makes the trip worth it. Joey loved the faire last year and I'm sure he'll like it this year too.

He doesn't get to go to MIRF except on school day due to him being three.

Though I picture him in a few years running around MIRF with a gaggle of little wenches in training. He'll be that kid that juggles sticks, walks in parades, and runs errands for the boothies. HIs mother has just finally given up and realized that when Joey is with Annie at faire her kid will be a faire brat. When he's with her he's dressed like a preppy but with Annie he's shoeless and dusty, but happy as a clam.

Annabella St. Clair

aunt of Sir Joseph Banks, three, Rogue in training. Though I think Joey could teach the Rogues a thing or two about wooing women. His first words at faire were pretty, directed at any wench that would give him food or a balloon.