PDA

View Full Version : A Chemise is Born

Beatriz
09-20-2003, 08:18 AM
That's right. Don't fall over, folks.

I actually made a chemise. :bananada:

And it fits!

And none of it was put together upside down, inside out or backwards. (Thanks in large part to Bonnie telling me to mark the fabric--doh!)

I am now the proud owner of a not-quite-raspberry-not-quite-burgandy shimmery chemise WITH lavender trim on the cuffs. Yeah--I even trimmed the bloody thing! :cheer:

Now I am off to find matching ribbon for the neckline drawstring and to buy some good muslin--not the cheap stuff I have used for mock-ups, but the incredibly soft stuff--and I am going to make another chemise! Weeeeeee! :lumpy: :bananada: :aok:

Bonnie
09-20-2003, 08:20 AM
Love, *I* didn't tell you to do it..I think it was Ysobelle who said it (I may be wrong) and I simply agreed.

BUT............................................... ....................

:bananada: :lumpy: :bananada: :lumpy: :bananada: :lumpy: :bananada: :lumpy: :bananada: :lumpy: :bananada: :lumpy:

Beatriz
09-20-2003, 08:27 AM
Love, *I* didn't tell you to do it..I think it was Ysobelle who said it (I may be wrong) and I simply agreed.

Ack! I think you're right! Major thanks to Ysobelle and to Kestrel. And to EVERYONE who has listened to the insane rantings of a mad woman on her journey to a chemise.

I just figured out that I've spent enough money on muslin to have had TWO chemises made commercially by now. But it was worth it cause now I can do it all by myself!

Mad Kestrel
09-20-2003, 08:45 AM
But it was worth it cause now I can do it all by myself!

And honey, when the 'danes at faire ask where they can get what you're wearing, there is *nothing* so satisfying as being able to say "I make all my clothes!"

:wink:

Jeannie Fitzgerald
09-20-2003, 11:31 AM
But it was worth it cause now I can do it all by myself![/color]

Reminds me of the joke I use at Festivals:

Ladies, if ye give thy husband a fish, ye will feed himself for a day, but if ye teach thy husband how to fish, ye will be rid of of himself for the entire bloody weekend!

Alchemist23
09-23-2003, 12:32 PM
Yay!!! I was so happy when I read the title of your post Bea...

Glad you got it figured out, it only gets better from there!~

Jayden2298
09-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Yay!!!!!!! *happy dance*

Nevada
09-25-2003, 12:02 PM
Very Cool!!!

Ysobelle
09-25-2003, 02:23 PM

Ack! I think you're right! Major thanks to Ysobelle and to Kestrel. And to EVERYONE who has listened to the insane rantings of a mad woman on her journey to a chemise.

I just figured out that I've spent enough money on muslin to have had TWO chemises made commercially by now. But it was worth it cause now I can do it all by myself!

Blush!

I sort of figured out after the umpteenth time that maybe marking everything would help. I still get a brain-freeze when putting together a chemise and I've done it I don't know how many times. Congratulations, and welcome to the madness, my love. It really is addictive.

vanessa
09-26-2003, 04:09 AM
Reminds me of the joke I use at Festivals:

Ladies, if ye give thy husband a fish, ye will feed himself for a day, but if ye teach thy husband how to fish, ye will be rid of of himself for the entire bloody weekend!

:rotfl:
That is great! Now I've got to find meself an excuse to use it at me own festival!!!!!

Beatriz,
Congratulations and many hearty good lucks on future chemises... dare we suggest a bodice, next.... *hehe*