PDA

View Full Version : KCRF Visiting Wench

daBaroness
10-09-2003, 01:12 PM
I'm pleased as punch to announce that the lovely Sylvie-Rose LaPee will be visiting the final weekend of KCRF. She's from the area north of the Windy City and will be hitchin' a ride with the ever-popular Three Pints Gone from West Allis, WI.

I'd love it if any other local 29 wenches would make themselves available to hostess Sylvie during her three-day visit. And I'm looking forward to seeing Lady Claymore and Larissa the Loud aka Capt. Tymbors for the first time this season.

Shout out if you'll be at KCRF for closing weekend and I'll see what I can do about an on-site meet and greet.

Hugs to all!

dB

Mermaid
10-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Maybe we can plan on meeting for dinner Friday or Saturday night?

Mermaid

jmthane
10-09-2003, 03:17 PM
I'm on The Pub forum over at AtTheFaire.com (http://atthefaire.com), and there's a meetup set for Saturday at 2-ish at the Seafarer's Beer Garden, at which time dinner plans for Saturday night will be planned out. Feel free to stick your noses in - the Pubbers are friendly Rennies, too. :D

Mermaid
10-09-2003, 03:43 PM
I would think that at 2ish I'll be pretty busy--however anyone feel free to come by #388 Uncommon Adornments and say hi!

Mermaid

KyraAnne
10-09-2003, 09:57 PM
I will also be there this weekend. I have been looking forward to this for weeks/months or something like that.

I can't wait to see everyone and be there!!

KyraAnne

Maggie
10-10-2003, 07:08 AM
Well, I'm working until 2 pm, but I'll try to get there as soon as I can when I get off. I have some other friends coming in from out of town for the last weekend, so I'm not sure I can make dinner, but I'll at least stop to say hi.

daBaroness
10-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Actually - I've got Sylvie scheduled up to her eyebrows both Sat. and Sun. nights - Sunday being the participant party for cast and crafters. I've got a friend who will be meeting folks at the Pirate Stage for the 2:40 p.m. performance of the Jolly Rogers - since that's right across the lane from the pub, it might be a good spot. (It's my friend's birthday and there will be cake at about 3 p.m. and I'm going to see what I can do to get one of the fine court gentlemen to wish her a happy birthday (nudge, nudge, hint, hint).

If anyone wants to use me as the bulletin board - feel free. I'm sitting on the bench (if a patron isn't) on the half hour next to K. Dopita Studios in Three Lions Grove - across from the Sky Chair Booth. I'm a very noisy gypsy with lots of bells and a big maroon velvet hat with feathers.

dB

NottyVonCleavage
10-16-2003, 01:00 AM
I missed all the wenching, and I just got my pin repaired and back last weekend, I proudly wore it on my Shrew, but I was 3 different wenches this past weekend. I received my pin and certificate this year, but have not been on the board in for ever. Hey my certificate says Madame Cum Laude, what's that about? I'm only an newbie and I need to learn the ropes, though when I trace my first ren experience I realize that this was my 20th anniversary with the fair! How cool! Any way I would love to get to know any other local wenches. Hi Baroness! (Every one knows Velvet! )
Say Hi! or stop by my web site and let me know if you saw my show!
commediasansarte.com

Bonnie
10-16-2003, 07:47 AM
Your rank within the guild is NOT based on the number of years you've been a member, rather it is the number of years (or full seasons) you've been doing faire. If you've got 20 years under your belt, you most DEFINITELY are a MCL.

NottyVonCleavage
11-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Well how about that! I am so pleased and proud I have added it to my signature!
Thanks for the post Bonnie, I've read a lot of your posts lately, and I must say I am pleased to make your aquaintance!

Nitestar
06-29-2004, 11:04 PM
So, who is going to be attending KCRF this year?

daBaroness
07-14-2004, 02:03 AM
Well, I'll be there every day as one-third of the stage act MentalPause, hot flash wenches! We'll be appearing five times daily on the pub stage and will be hosting the royal cigar smoker at 5 p.m. in the new feasting hall.

Nitestar
07-14-2004, 08:59 AM
We may be bringing some new Rennies this year! Working on getting their garb together and then we'll see what happens!

KCRF here we come!!

Captain Stamina
09-08-2004, 10:14 AM
I wish to thank the Wenches of Local 29 for their hospitality for the three wonderful days we spent in their shire. I have to say thank you for the way to make us feel welcome during and post Faire. You were all so courteous, helpful, and watched over us (thanks for the water and pickles). It was good to see our old friends, lament the ones we couldn’t find, and great to make new ones. We look forward to returning next year.

Myrmaid
09-09-2004, 12:28 AM
I wish to thank the Wenches of Local 29 for their hospitality for the three wonderful days we spent in their shire. I have to say thank you for the way to make us feel welcome during and post Faire. You were all so courteous, helpful, and watched over us (thanks for the water and pickles). It was good to see our old friends, lament the ones we couldn’t find, and great to make new ones. We look forward to returning next year.

and many thanks to you, Stamina, for the dustings! <WEG>

Mermaid

Nitestar
09-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Again, we had a wonderful time meeting everyone!!

Unfortunately, the bad news is we won't be able to return to KC this year. We will have to replace our vehicle, so will not have the funds to attend again. :cry: In addition to the radiator we had to replace to get home, our water pump and head gasket are also bad. :evil: Since the van really wasn't worth the $500 radiator, we're just going to have to get a new one.

Until next season, enjoy the Faire!!!!

fae dobhran
09-14-2004, 09:16 PM
I should be there most if not all weekends, since I'm working for Mother Pockets (at the cast/merchant soup kitchen). I'll try to remember to check in here often enough to know if there's a gathering and plan to attend.

My pin is currently AWOL, but I'm fairly stationary if anyone wants to stop by and say hi.

milcliar
07-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Would love to ablige, dear, but, post says Local 29 is closed.....guess I joined to late???????????
L&L, Milcliar

Nitestar
07-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Local 29 is closed? Then what do all us members here in the 29 area do??

:?

Rowen
07-29-2005, 08:06 PM
No Local? :shock: arrrg. AND I found out that my membership fee (for Pin, Book, etc)submitted online never processed. Oh well, since Lars didn't take my gold, I printed out a membership form and wrote a check. Mailed it last week.
You can always come out to see the scrumptious guys work out at fighter practice. Tuesday evenings at Elmwood Park in Omaha. Wear your garb, it really messes with their concentration.

Rowen-(up to no good, and running amok)

aspen
08-01-2005, 12:06 PM
The first few meetings of Local 29 ran into (to put it nicely) some differing expectations as to what the local would provide and how wenches should present themselves. The shop providing the hostel lost/didn't renew their contract, and I think the whole experience left a sour taste in people's mouths.

There's always an undercurrent of "I'd be happy to be a productive, participating member, but somebody ELSE needs to get the ball rolling." Add to that we're very geographically dispersed, many in the region don't get a chance see each other often enough to become good friends, most of the wenches capable of fulfilling leadership duties have real jobs out at Faire and therefore don't have time, we haven't had a chance to see what a well-functioning local really looks like and use it as a model, and day-to-day KCRF operations are run by a serious prude and control freak, and you can see our challenges.

In my opinion, we need to build a core of wenches who are willing to meet year-round, negotiate for and sponsor invasion weekends for many of the regional faires (KCRF, St. Louis, Norman, etc.), create a system of standards and by-laws, and generally invest in building up the social capital necessary to build a good, strong, grass-roots organization of women who genuinely like each other and enjoy spending time together. This will probably take a few years and a genuine committment by somebody with a serious passion for the work.

And, of course, I'm exactly the wrong person (by way of temperment and my other life obligations) to do this. I'd be perfectly happy to be a power behind the throne, however.

Aspen

daBaroness
08-07-2005, 03:27 AM
As a member of the founding "mothers" of local 29 - allow me to add to what Aspen said and make a few proposals.

First, Local 29 is not closed ... it's more ... dormant. As Aspen said, the first year we organized and got chartered was both good and bad. We had some good people involved and we had some clueless people involved. The main problem was that we accepted the invitation of a rogue to establish our hostel at his shop and that didn't really turn out well. There seemed to be some conflict between our hostel host and some of his compatriots and some of the guild leadership (myself principal among them) about who was really in charge. Some ugliness ensued and I washed my hands of the whole ugly affair - both because I didn't like the power struggles and some of the personal agendas of the guys using the guild as their personal hook-up the young and the clueless cuz I wanna get laid service.

The local madame and vice madame resigned for various personal reasons including health challenges, distance, faire burnout and the need for more family and personal time. After the initial conflicts the momentum we'd had going slowed to a crawl and no one stepped up in a leadership role. I've tried to get people together and get a comprehensive list of local wenches together, but because I have a stage show at KCRF and because the Heartland "local" isn't so local (encompases Kansas, Missouri, Southern Iowa, Nebraska, Northern Oklahoma and Arkansas), getting together is difficult.

I've tried to keep up as the acting liaison with the guild and would be happy to help facilitate a reorganization - but I can't do it alone. I really would love to see the local become a year-round group as viable as some of the other locals. Local 13, particularly the Scarby girls have put together a great group who do things all the time. The rogues are a very cohesive group there too, and they do things together and separately. They help one another out with things like house painting and moving, etc. and they do things with their children and families as well.

I'd like to propose that any wenches interested in getting local 29 up and viable contact me - either IM me here, or e-mail me at [email protected] I'd be glad to put together a series of planning and strategy meetings - whether via phone, wench chat, our yahoo chat, e-mail or in person. Even if you don't want to be an officer in the local, there are so many possibilites of what we could be and we really need input and suggestions ... and warm wench bodies to get the ball rolling and sustain it.

We could get a social get-together planned - a meet and greet, if you will to get going. We could do it during the run of KCRF or afterwards. I'd also like to extend an invitation to any wenches - visiting or local - to come to our impromptu hostel behind our stage. I'm one-third of MentalPause, hot flash wenches. We're at the Seafarer's Beergarden Stage in the Wharf area.

We really can get local 29 running in exciting ways - and figure out how to either split the local into more manageable parts or make the local less regional and more local - but it's not a choice I want to make unilaterally. Waddya say goils, wanna get this thing on the right track?

Rowen
08-07-2005, 08:26 PM
I haven't got my pin yet (the check was cashed, shouldn't be too long now) but I will see what use I can be. I'm still planning to make it to KCRF, if only for a day, I'd love to see some of the other gals there. I have some big events coming up in my SCA barony that I should attend as a newer member also.
Rowen-(circling the light bulb)

Mermaid
08-08-2005, 01:24 AM
You know I'm around and interested--I'll call you this week. At the least, we'll have to do BBQ again with the invading wenches!

Mermaid