PDA

View Full Version : Hello out there?

Aoife (pronounced E-fah)
02-04-2003, 02:18 AM
:?: Ok ladies, where are all the Heartland Wenches?? I may be new here, but I would like to get to know all of you.

JÚLani

jmthane
02-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Well, I'm out here in Chicago, and an associate of the Heartland Local by way of performing at KCRF the past three seasons.

HI!!!!! :hi:

daBaroness
02-10-2003, 07:49 PM
We're here, if in a bit of rag-tag form. Our founding madame and madame of vice found their personal lives and guild stuff to be a bit too hectic (besides, PK has a beau who takes up her time ... nudge, nudge, wink, wink). And ... we lost our hostel when Kilt Crossings left KCRF. A number of us have talked about doing a bit of CPR on the local, beginning with finding a new hostel host (I'm thinking the good folks at Tricanus Nox might be the ticket) and holding elections for new officers.

I think we may want to address several issues as long as we're at it including whether it might be good to divide the local a bit further - perhaps into states as it currently encompasses Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Nebraska for all intents and purposes with KCRF being the home faire. I know there are far more wenches now in Oklahoma than there were even a few years ago representing Stroud and Muskogee. In addition, Missouri, Kansas, and Iowa each have several faires each and may want a local to call their own at those faires.

Another issue is how to include all pinned wenches at any given place considering we fall into a number of categories (performers, crafters, and playtrons) that don't always allow us to interact with one another the way we might like.

Personally, I'd like to see the local take on a year-round life of its own as both a social AND philanthropic group. I could envision monthly get-togethers at various watering holes or even at members' homes; opportunities to visit other faires with one another; movie, theatre, and other social outings; occasional wench sleepovers (maybe at a local hotel or spa); as well as doing annual charitable events like working together at a local soup kitchen, volunteering at a battered women's shelter, etc. The sky is really the limit on what the local could be.

Of course we'd want to have wench events at KCRF (since management has given its blessing) like walks, wenchings, and an official invasion weekend.

It would be helpful if y'all would post your thoughts and ideas here. Now is the time to get the ball rolling so we have an active local up and running by the time the faire season begins in the heartland. If you think an online chat would be helpful, I started a yahoo club several years ago and we could either use the chat room there, or here on IWG. Post your thoughts about that as well.

Another thing we need to address is how to get to the wenches who don't frequent the Web site and/or don't have access to a computer. I don't know if Lars would have a record of addresses so we could do a mailing ... if you have ideas, again post 'em here.

Lets start our spring cleaning early and get this local blooming! If you'd like to e-mail directly I'm at [email protected] and I'm willing to get the ball rolling here in whatever ways my sisters see fit!

Thanks for your input!

Wendy aka da Baroness

PirateKisses
02-10-2003, 09:08 PM
Yeah...what Da Baroness said.

Yes, I've got the serious boyfriend thing going on and I tend to be tied up on weekends both literally and figuratively if I somehow end up kidless. I've also been getting back on my feet healthwise after going through thyroid cancer surgery and all the aftermath that that entails.

We do need to breathe some serious life back into the local. Swing some ideas out, ladies, and we'll see what we can come up with to get together before KC gets into full swing.

PK

emalia
02-11-2003, 09:04 AM
One think you might want to look into, instaead of splitting the local.. Create up to 3 hostels. As per the formation guidlines:
Only ONE Guild Local (Charter House) can operate jurisdiction on a particular Faire/Festival site at any time, though up to 3 Guild Hostels can operate within a Local, provided a Local Madame is presiding to arbitrate.

Which, to me, sounds like you could have little sattelite branches of the main body. That way you can all still be one, then deal with separation later..

jmthane
02-11-2003, 02:46 PM
I started a yahoo club several years ago and we could either use the chat room there

That would be the heartlandwenchesofiwg yahoo group, yes?

(If you build it - *and tell where it is* - they will come.)

daBaroness
02-11-2003, 03:13 PM
Why, jes Josie, zat vould be zee place! :lol:

And I like the idea of branches rather than separate trees! Thanks Emalia!

So goils ... waddya think?

daB

Maggie
02-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Well, as a mostly quiet wench (i.e. too busy to keep up with stuff), I don't have a lot of time. But I would love to see the activity pick up in the local. I guess the first step would be to figure out when we can get the chats going again. I know that I usually can't make the chats that were on Wed at 8 pm, since I'm usually chasing my little darlings into bed :lol: .

So ladies, what say you? Is there a specific time/day that works better for you?

Maggie
Wench 1514
Madam of 'There'

Mermaid
03-19-2003, 02:06 AM
greetings all
I'd like to get involved with something else at KCRF--I do work at a crafter, but I'm a wench of long standing, and I can always make time to play! Please let me know if someone sets something up--I'm game!

Mermaid

NottyVonCleavage
05-14-2003, 04:22 PM
I have not yet recieved my pin but I think the Baroness, and then the branch lady (I'll learn your name, smokin' picture by the way, ah Emalia, just found the post review, how handy!) had great ideas for the heartland local! Let me know what I can do to help!

Fireflower
05-19-2003, 08:36 PM
I'd love to see things going on in the area. I'm thinking of getting a hostel here at the St. Louis Faire, if that's alright with everyone. Have a couple wenches in the area with me and a booth that's willing to let us meet there... Happens to be the honey booth...imagine the fun we could cause. Feel free to e-mail or pm me when the wenches are going to meet on the chat on the yahoogroup, just got onto it. Health, life, etc has been getting into line again, so hope to have more time for wenching.

Morwen DeBangor
06-10-2003, 12:40 AM
Greetings from the Hearlands' newest wench.
Morwen from central MO. I claim GSLRF as my home faire, where I am a merchant. Unfortunately, I'm only at KCRF for one weekend of the run, and that is purely for play, but if I know where the hostle is, if you find a new one, I will gladly stop by and say hi and introduce myself. But that weekend is in between my bf's bday and my own and is our bday present to ourselves. No kids, no booths, no responsibilities.
For those of you at GSLRF, I run Strands of Time hair braiding, so perchance I either met or saw you go by my booth.
Until another time, fare the well. :lol:

Charity
06-10-2003, 04:39 AM
Ta-da. Another KC wench here.

I like the idea of seperate branches, we are growing (yay!) and perhaps it is time to accomodate?

Breathing life back into the local is a wonderful idea. I was just this weekend discussing with a few other wenches how quiet things seem to be.

Kaelyn Korvus
06-13-2003, 09:36 AM
In Omaha here. Originally I started Faire in Southern CA, but moved out here a couple years ago. I don't work at any of the Faires (though I would love to, mundane work schedule permitting). I work from 5pm to 5am Wednesdays through Fridays, and same hours every other Saturday. Makes it difficult :( Heh, yes, I am one of those silly people that get all dressed up and make sure everything is period, then pay to get in :p On a side topic, if any people need help at their booths in the near area, I'd be glad to help if I can :)

Happy wenching...