PDA

View Full Version : New Wench coming to a faire near you!

Rhonda_Melones
10-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Greetings ladies:)

My name is Miranda (faire name Rhonda Melones) and I'm currently member #2441 of Local #42! My husband is in the Coast Guard and we've just got orders for Seattle! We expect to be settled in the area by January and I hope to be ready to start the new season with you :D

I've been going to the NY renfaire for at least 5 years but have only officially become a wench this summer so I'm a wenchvirgin in need of teaching!:D Unfortunately I never got to meet the great ladies of Local 42 due to car trouble but I'm hoping to meet the ladies of Local 52 next year!

Now I'm wondering how I go about changing locals once I do get settled in my new place. Does it matter that I'll have my pin and cards from a different local? Currently I'm without garb but will rectify that before the first faire of the season:) I've tried emailing the madame but the mail keeps bouncing back and I sent a request to join your yahoo group (I'm currently active in the MDRF group) but haven't received any responses yet. But I'd like to get established with you guys once I get into the area if not before:)

So anyway, this is just a quick hello and intro with a couple of Q's thrown in for good measure. Feel free to check out my webpage for more info about me and I hope to hear from you soon!:D

Miranda

Lady Alasse
10-17-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm a wenchvirgin in need of teaching

HI And me to! :) I'm from Seattle. You'll like it here (If you don't mind the wet and the simicold LOL) Anyway I have to run so just giving you a quick hello and welcome :)

Rhonda_Melones
11-18-2003, 09:30 AM
Hi:) I'm glad to know I'm not the only one in the area:) We're actually packing up tomorrow and should be in Seattle (Issaquah to be exact) the first week of December and I figure we'll be settled in by Mid-December. I still need to know how to change my membership over to your local. I don't care about the paperwork and pin if you guys don't:) I'll still wear it but it'll have a different number on it but if that doesn't matter then I'm fine with it too. My email to the madame keeps bouncing back and my membership to the yahoo group is still pending. Can you tell me how I can reach her or maybe someone can drop her a line and let her know I'm trying to reach her? I'm going no mail for a couple of weeks but can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks again!

KatieMac
12-18-2003, 10:20 PM
I'm just north of Seattle. Are there many local Wenches in the PNW? I'd love to meet and greet sometime. And welcome to Washington, Rhonda!

Katie

Rhonda_Melones
12-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Hiya ladies:) Thanx for the warm welcome Katie!:D

Well, I'm still settling in but we're in Issaquah now, it's amazing how much crap one can accumulate. Unfortunately I'm still without car (should be arriving next month sometime) and slowly learning the transit system out here:) I still haven't heard anything regarding the local yahoo group but would really like to become part of it now that I'm actually in the area. When I checked I saw status was still pending but also noticed the website seems to be about 2 years old with no activity, is there a new one? In the meantime, if anyone in the Seattle area wants to talk email me at: [email protected]:)

Take care and have a safe and happy holiday season:D[/img]