PDA

View Full Version : Little Bells?

Sylvie-Rose
10-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy the little round bells found on Eastern trim? I am making gypsy garb and would like to attach little clusters of them to the bottoms of my skirt pieces.
Thanks.

emalia
10-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Did you try pillaged village?

http://www.pillagedvillage.com/pvonline/scan/st=db/co=yes/sf=category/se=Middle_Eastern_Bells/op=rm/se=1/sf=inactive/op=ne.html?id=TbvcpqrS

Nevada
10-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Try Michaels...

'Nise
10-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Firemountain gems also sells them in bulk. www.firemountingems.com
Love
'Nise

Kaelyn Korvus
10-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Emailia, that link is going to get me in such trouble!

<hugs> THANKS!! :lol:

I've got most of my courtly garb, but was lacking on accessories. Now that I have that site, problem solved :D

Sylvie-Rose
10-30-2003, 09:41 AM
I thought the same thing when I went there. If only I planned my projects ahead of time. I did find the bells at Hobby Lobby, which is good considering I wanted the garb done by Halloween. Thanks to all.

WelshWench
11-06-2003, 04:46 PM
Theres a bead store opposite Main street (it sets next to 31 Flavors) that has from time to time carried the small gypsy type bells you asked about. Next time I get up there I'll get their card and post their address.

As to bells....I've noticed that in the graves of Celtic Women that have been found and studied; most were buried with small bells, many times attached to belts. Was it a common practice for Celtic women to wear bells as part of their daily dress? Would it be authentic as a wench to wear a belt of small bells, jingling everywhere we walked?

Suzanne

Ysobelle
11-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Well, people thought bells kept the fairies away, so yeah, they did wear them. IN Elizabethan times, they were called "folly bells."

So wear as many as you like! Go for it!

Does anyone, relatedly, know where to find the wide, more intricate ankle bells? Not the big clusters like dancers wear, but the wide silver linked band with bells all along the bottom? That's part of what was stolen from me, and I'm trying to replace 'em. The last set came from New Delhi, so it's not like I can hop over and get more. Sigh.

Mistress Morigianna
11-16-2003, 03:14 AM
i think we have 3 sizes of dance bells in gold silver or copper and at least 2 sizes of camel bells in stock. plus all the ones that are stung on string to wear....

Dragonmarsh
3744 main st
riverside, ca 92501
909 276-1116

Isabelle Fawkes
11-17-2003, 02:26 PM
You might also check out museumreplicas.com. They have a lovely anklet of bells under the accessories section of the catalog.