PDA

View Full Version : NCRF camping

Just a visiting rogue
03-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Ladies...does anyone know the deal on camping at NCRF? The website lists it as available, but details are scant (Friday? Facilities? where? general?)

Edana
03-21-2008, 08:53 PM
I have no idea love. Try messaging Roger of the Clan Mchuge they camp there, and should know the details.

Kharissa
03-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Camping....um.....nope.

Edana
03-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Yes I hear you I am so not a camping kind of gal. My idea of roughing it is... No room service. But the grounds are great for those that wish to come and visit our little shire.

Camping....um.....nope.

Danicia de Lontra
03-23-2008, 09:03 PM
You roll up to the state fairgrounds, which is where the NCRF is held. There is man named Joe Crosby; he runs the campgrounds. The entrance to the camping area is gate 5? Or Gate 6. I can't recall, but it is the gate with the house and the big dogs. *grin*

It's $16.00 a day for regular tent camping. People just kinda camp/park anywhere. It can get kinda lively, but since a good amount of people camping are *working* on site, it's rarely loud and obnoxious too late at night. Thank the gods.

There is a barracks near the parking area; it is co-ed. If it's not full, they might let you take a bed. It's a shared space and coed restroom/showers (they've got stalls...no one is running around naked). If there is an issue with another gender and the shower area, folks are pretty accommodating, but I'd recommend NOT trying to use the facilities while people are getting ready for cast call. Either get up REALLY early to use the facilities (being quiet as not to wake people) or wait until the performers and boothies are done. Actually, I'd recommend doing that even if you don't have a problem the coed dorms. It's just curious as there are only so many shower stalls and sinks.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions or hit me up on one form of Instant Messenger or another. :)

Roger
03-24-2008, 07:37 AM
The camping at NCRF is great. Clan MacHuge gives it 5 kilts-up. It's convenient for those early afternoon sleep-off-the-early-drunk naps. At the end of the day, you can literally crawl from the beer tent to your own tent in a scant two hours.

As for the facilities, well, I don’t rightly remember. Wait…what’s that…a foggy memory…? Oh yes, you don’t get screamed at when you walk into the one shower house and find it full of nekked women. It is designed that way.

RichardMacHugely
03-24-2008, 08:17 AM
The camping at NCRF is great. Clan MacHuge gives it 5 kilts-up. It's convenient for those early afternoon sleep-off-the-early-drunk naps. At the end of the day, you can literally crawl from the beer tent to your own tent in a scant two hours.

As for the facilities, well, I don’t rightly remember. Wait…what’s that…a foggy memory…? Oh yes, you don’t get screamed at when you walk into the one shower house and find it full of nekked women. It is designed that way.

Get to the fairground as early as you can, prime camping sites get claimed quickly. Last year Clan MacHuge wound up on a piece of ground down by the lake that was pretty steeply tilted (or maybe that was just us after a full day at the beer tent).

Even on uneven ground, camping at NCRF is one hell of a time. Be sure to sample some of Cheezer's mead!