PDA

View Full Version : SoCal

Gemdrite
03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
SoCal is starting next weekend. Anyone going?

Danicia de Lontra
03-27-2008, 04:28 PM
If I can manage to get there, I will, but it won't be until the end of the run. :)

Luciana
03-27-2008, 04:45 PM
In May, probably on the first or second week and at the end.
Next month I intend to make it to Escondido and Cutthroats of Corona.

Danicia de Lontra
03-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Yah, the end is better for me since I have to fly down from Seattle. I'm more worried about hotel cost and rental car than the flight itself, which can be cheap if done right.

Mistress_Autumn
03-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Not going to make it... Wish I could, though... I know it'd be awesome!

Sorcha Griannon
03-27-2008, 07:40 PM
I definitely will be there on the 12th of April, and should be there another day (thank gods for the 1/2 price sale!) at least. I'll post when I'll be there in case anyone wants to say hi:hi: I'll probably be either at Rogue's Reef watching the Boggards or Wives, or watching Oojam.

Sorcha

MoonWench
04-05-2008, 11:37 AM
I am on my way right now!

Gemdrite
04-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I definitely will be there on the 12th of April, and should be there another day (thank gods for the 1/2 price sale!) at least. I'll post when I'll be there in case anyone wants to say hi:hi: I'll probably be either at Rogue's Reef watching the Boggards or Wives, or watching Oojam.

Sorcha
That's the day I will most likely be there! Hopefully, if I can get my finances straightened out.

LdyJhawk
04-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I should drive down :P

SHpepperKat
04-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I am going to have to try to get down there in the next year or two ,... I just have to see how it's changed since the beginning.

Sorcha Griannon
04-05-2008, 06:28 PM
That's the day I will most likely be there! Hopefully, if I can get my finances straightened out.
It's up in the air if I'm going to be garbed since I'm probably playing tour guide (and the workers play more with the non-garbed). If I am, it's one of 2 things...wench (the usual) or my new stuff, tribal. I'll keep my eye out for ya.

Sorcha

Gemdrite
04-05-2008, 08:24 PM
It's up in the air if I'm going to be garbed since I'm probably playing tour guide (and the workers play more with the non-garbed). If I am, it's one of 2 things...wench (the usual) or my new stuff, tribal. I'll keep my eye out for ya.

Sorcha
I won't be garbed, for two reasons. One, I am bringing a friend who has never been and doesn't have garb, and she wouldn't feel comfortable in it at first, and two, plans fell through to have my garb brought to me that weekend! Mostly number two, lol. When I know for sure I am going, I will have to let you know, and maybe we can arrange a meeting place or something.

LdyJhawk
04-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I'd just need to look up distance from Santa Clara to there... plan time. Gas money. Finding someone willing to lace my giant ass into my pendragon..

Gemdrite
04-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I'd just need to look up distance from Santa Clara to there... plan time. Gas money. Finding someone willing to lace my giant ass into my pendragon..
You are more than welcome to come down Friday night and crash on my floor. I won't have the futon available because I already have one friend staying, but if you don't mind the floor, you are more than welcome to crash here.

I'm in Oxnard, about an hour and a half/2 hours depending on traffic away from SoCal.

Gemdrite
04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Well, we went, and lasted about 4 hours. 105 degrees...I was dying, and I am glad I didn't have garb to wear, or I wouldn't have lasted that long. But I got to see Moonie, Broon, and the Bold and Stupid Men, so it was worth it. There was a butterfly that was driving Moonie and Broon crazy. I've never seen Moonie drop character so often!

rosefaeries
04-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Someone I know is a vendor there. This is his first year. He makes tiles and some jewelry. I believe his booth is called Barbarian Pottery. (At least it was the last time I checked. He has also set up at Shrewsbury here in Oregon.) His name is Daniel Young.

His work is absolutely beautiful. I have one of his dragon tiles in my dining room. He may even have one or more of his ceramic castles there. (They are something to behold.) All of his designs are his original work. It is something to watch his design process.

He has some other work that is just exquisite. (Just don't tell him that I said so. )

Feel free to drop in and say hi. (Better yet tell him that Rosefaeries sent you and really confuse him. The mom type will clue him in when he calls her later that evening.*rotfl*)

Sorcha Griannon
04-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, we went, and lasted about 4 hours. 105 degrees...I was dying, and I am glad I didn't have garb to wear, or I wouldn't have lasted that long. But I got to see Moonie, Broon, and the Bold and Stupid Men, so it was worth it. There was a butterfly that was driving Moonie and Broon crazy. I've never seen Moonie drop character so often!
I didn't get to see any of them, unfortunately...it was bloody hot out there. It's definitely hotter this year than last. Thankfully, my kids did well in the heat, but by 4 we were done for. I'm going again, and hopefully will have my tribal done by then. I figure a couple layers of cotton and silk will be cooler than full on bodice, chemise, bloomers, skirts, socks, belt and the various things hanging from said belt. If not, the hubs wants to go non-garbs, since he's never done that...the first year he went he was working ale stand.
I found out that my nearly-3-month-old likes the drums at Oojam, the belly dancers. And my 3 year old looks at them and says "mommy, they are just like you", lol...I love the vote of confidence.

Sorcha

LdyJhawk
04-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Price of gas went to 3.90 a gallon here in Santa Clara and as much as I wanted to go that sort of put the stop on it. I had budgeted a good 60 dollars a tank to get there but 73 was pushing it... 13 dollars is serious business!

Since my contract ends the 18th I may try to swing a weekend if all is smooth afterwards. Guh, 21 dollar gate. Man I've been spoiled working faires..the last one I paid to get into was Northern Cali. Will I deeply regret this 21 dollars like I did the 25 I dropped at Casa?

Bronya
04-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Price of gas went to 3.90 a gallon here in Santa Clara and as much as I wanted to go that sort of put the stop on it. I had budgeted a good 60 dollars a tank to get there but 73 was pushing it... 13 dollars is serious business!

Since my contract ends the 18th I may try to swing a weekend if all is smooth afterwards. Guh, 21 dollar gate. Man I've been spoiled working faires..the last one I paid to get into was Northern Cali. Will I deeply regret this 21 dollars like I did the 25 I dropped at Casa?

It has most of the same vendors and acts. It is way hotter there. Most booths have misters but not a lot of tree in some areas. It is good sized and some picnic table on the outside edge near the water. The food area is huge with some shade. If you didn't love the North Faire and pennies are tight (that will be 21 for each day if you stay the weekend)...as much as I love this, my home Faire...I wouldn't go. Honestly!

Mistress Morigianna
04-14-2008, 07:44 PM
is that discription from last year or this year? They moved closer to the water edge. I have been told it all shifted 100yards and now they have more shade & water?

we have a few discount tix at our shop in dragonmarsh left.

Gemdrite
04-15-2008, 12:22 AM
And I didn't see a single mister going on Saturday during the 105 degree weather. Maybe I missed them, but I was actively looking for them since i get such a childish delight out of using them. :)

Bronya
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Wow! I know it was miserable last weekend. I think they are closer to the water. Since they signed a 5 year lease that helped. Let someone know about the misters or lack of!

Miller's Daughter
04-22-2008, 03:56 PM
I'll be there everyday, except for this Sunday (the 27th), as I'll be at Corona Cutthroats. This weekend and next weekend, I'll be most easily found hanging about Rogue's Reef. But the last two weekends (May 10th/11th and 17th/18th), I'll be spending my time either out on the streets or at the gate as a monger, or hiding away in the guild ghetto.

Luciana
04-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I'll be there everyday, except for this Sunday (the 27th), as I'll be at Corona Cutthroats. This weekend and next weekend, I'll be most easily found hanging about Rogue's Reef. But the last two weekends (May 10th/11th and 17th/18th), I'll be spending my time either out on the streets or at the gate as a monger, or hiding away in the guild ghetto.

I'll look for you next week. i'll be there probably on Sunday.